• JIeMypylllka
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JIeMypylllka
    21 posts

Bump here 2. Problem is still here.(

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@jiemypylllka Hello there! First I wanted to let you know I've had to remove a few posts from this thread, as bumping posts is against our forums guidelines. With that said, I'm really sorry to hear this is happening! Thank you for the video as well, I greatly appreciate that. I'd like to know if this issue persists if you try to call your raid party on-land, rather than via ship? Are your crew members revive-able when this happens, or no? Lastly, I'd also like to know if this issue persists through different missions / raids?

Official Response
  • JIeMypylllka
    21 posts

@ubiwan when i post this issue, raid worked from land. Solo kill all enemy troops, go to the locked door and press «J», and Dag comes to help. Only he.
    Now there is no yellow point to raid from the river. All crew dead. When i come to the locked door and press J, Dag is not come. He is stay on boat. But raid was started. There was the raid animation and sound. When camera watch on the river etc. I didt play a few days. Today i went to the game and... i cant to rob the monastery. Idk what to do. Yes this issue persists through all raids. I dont play missions, just travelling. I found this very interesting.

• JIeMypylllka
    21 posts

@ubiwan here is my save files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s2dHMC-8KIB2TONf25_A8GCj93luJAyi/view?usp=sharing
    Also i tried to check game files, tried reinstall ubisoft launcher and all game. Tried to sleep in my vilage (i saw somwhere that it might to help, but it is not xD)
    I have win enterprise 2004, which i reintalled from LTSB 1607 because of fire&smoke glitch. I can upgrade win to 20H2 if needed, but i think it will not help. I7-8700, 64 gb 3600, 1080ti.
    I wanted to try install the game to another PC that i have, to check the problem, but I got lazy and forgot..))) Even if there will no problem, my old notebook so weak for this game, so i need to investigate why it happens on my main PC. So i beg u to help.

• talalc
    10 posts

No boat crew bug:

Raids and travel by water is broken. I found the crew in home village near the boat, almost all dead like laying on the dock. I tried change boat appearance bit didn't work. I thought it's only cosmetic but no one is pulling down the sail thingy (not much of a boat person sorry..) so can't get under stone bridges, and calling for a raid shows no one to help me take over a village.

• talalc
    10 posts

Raids and travel by water is broken. At some point during the game in England, you may find the boat crew in your home village located near the boat, almost all of them dead, laying on the dock. Nothing I did helped "resurrect" them back again.

The result of this situation:
    a. No one is pulling down the sail thingy (not much of a boat person sorry..) so can't get under stone bridges along the rivers
    b. Calling for a raid shows no one to help me take over a village, so I need to conquer on my own and worse of all, I cannot open doors or chests where more than 1 person is required to open them.
    c. No boat songs, stories..
    d. Seems only Dag and that white cat remained alive in the boat.

I tried the following:
    1. Change boat appearance, thinking it's only a cosmetic issue. No deal.
    2. Recruiting crew members from the duty roster in the village also doesn't help. They just appear on the dock, however they're (again) dead.

Apart of starting a new game or re-installing the game (I really would like to avoid doing either) I tried everything I can think of.

• kalex100
    22 posts

@talalc Try hitting shift when you are on your map and going back to norway, then switch back to england?

• talalc
    10 posts

@kalex100 Thanks for the idea, alas didn't work. They still show up as dead at the harbor.

undefined

• kalex100
    22 posts

@talalc Man, that's so weird.... uh, how about going to the dock master and picking the new recruits from the roster? replacing the dead dudes with the ones vikings you've hired???? you have to physically click them to replace them. i see you recruited them, but did you replace them in the screen? how far are you in the game? and honestly, i barely traveled by boat.... horseback straight shot is faster i found... it's kinda weird ubisoft hasn't responded to this...

• kalex100
    22 posts

@kalex100 What happens when you try calling the boat in itself instead of the raid?

• MissM16
    163 posts

Wow this is so sad. I'm sorry it's happening to you.

My only guess is maybe they're dying in an incomplete raid or quest or camp somewhere? Since we're not alerted when quests fail, I think they just keep running in the background. I'm not sure of course, but I suspect this to be part of the reason people are encountering dead NPCs.

Maybe try to revisit locations where you called your crew (like raid locations) and see if they spawn there still fighting enemies that were left alive? Technically, you should be able to revive them in raid locations.

• talalc
    10 posts

@kalex100 Hi, well, tried all the above suggestions. Nothing worked.
    If I summon the boat for a raid, no one shows up, and if I summon the boat for a cruise down the riverside, it shows up with Dag and the cat.
    Now, sorry for the spoiler, not sure how to cover that but now the boat shows only with the cat, sans Dag...

I am quite close to finish the main plot I think but for the full experience of the game since it's vikings and raids and all that (that's the main theme of this Assassin's Creed after all), it's money wasted for nothing.
    I think I'd be better off with 2077's bug feast than this odd and entirely frustrating bug, which literally kills the spirit of the Valhalla game.

Frankly things were so much better with the Odyssey game. The plot, characters and the ancient Greek theme and world so much better made.
    Seems this Valhalla is a half baked cookie...

• kalex100
    22 posts

@talalc Hey man, i'm sorry that this has spoiled the game experience, I'm sitting here waiting for the Game Plus mode so I can do it again, it gets boring really fast after you finish the game, I bought 2077 and spent about an hour in it and asked for a refund, it sucked....

• talalc
    10 posts

@missm16 Nope, they don't. I think maybe they're busy being dead for tax reasons, LOL
    Eventually I got fed up and started a new game. I hope whatever glitch it is, maybe since it seemed to have happened only to me, maybe it won't happen twice.

Still, Ubisoft dev team should be aware of this f***ed up state and fix it in code so NPCs cannot die really only respawn back in base village if they do get wounded/killed in a raid (though I don't think they were killed in a raid, just went AWOL at some point, so I found them "dead" in the village).

• talalc
    10 posts

@kalex100 Yeah I hear that.. I think AAA games (or AAA wannabees) all suffer from bug-hell nowadays. Seems every major game probably should be released as early release with minor payment for the early copy.
    I just didn't think Ubisoft would f***-up so much with this Assassin's Creed game.. So many times I heard myself going how much I hate this game, but still wanting to give it a chance.
    Really everything is screwed here over the last game. The plot is forced, characters' script is bad, but mainly the blending system is unforgiving (guards will always spot you in the crowd no matter what your stealth def. is in the settings), and the treasure hunting with the doors/chests needing a key system is downright bad, with the constant need to endlessly search for a hole in the ground to reach the key/chest, not to mention the need to move stuff around to get to the hole in the wall..
    It feels like they took the treasure system from Origins and brought it here with so much more frustration. Odyssey was so much more fun, also the stealth..

So what was 2077's most painful issue for you?

• MissM16
    163 posts

@talalc

LOL it's funny but sad at the same time. No, you're not the only one with this bug. I remember seeing a video a while ago of someone's crew dropping dead (I'll see if I can find it for you)

So I got in the habit of counting heads after every raid to make sure they're all back on my boat. 12 raiders... 1 steering guy... 1 cat.. check! lol

• talalc
    10 posts

@missm16 LOL expect the unexpected... I really hope it won't happen to you as well, or to me with the new game I started. I just hate going through the entire plot again.
    I really hate this game..

• MissM16
    163 posts

@talalc
    I don't like Dag so if he's the only one that goes missing, I'll still sail away after the head count though. I'll pet the cat while waiting for him but only for a minute.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics