Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• spyraras
    Original poster 3 posts

So as the tittle suggest,i think the game really needs a big balance update or a new harder difficulty.Odyssey was much more challenging really and that was good,you had a reason to upgrade and choose better your gear.
    The only challening combat right now in the game are some of the mythical creatures,nothing else.In Odyssey for example if you wanted to go rambo style in a fort it was really hard in nightmare mode.If during the fight a mercenary came too,that was the sh@@.It was hard in a good way.
    To summarise i dont mean to make the game a souls game,but just challenging enough to make combat even more thrilling.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@spyraras

i pleaded for this back when odyssey was out, but plenty of ppl seem to even have trouble on easy and they keep whining and thus we hardcore players never get a decent challenge, such a shame.

They should look at how doom eternal is set up, their difficulty settings are pretty awesome!

Rambo style in odyssey was easy, granted odyssey was longer a challenge then valhalla ever was but in the end it was too [censored] easy all the same.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@spyraras agree.

I'm bored because after the end of story i have no reason to Explore and fight.

Enemy are from 100 leveles that are too weak, and we need more zelots or very élite enemy in raids.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

even if difficulty was much harder there still is no incentive to keep playing, the loot is boring AF

gaining lvls gives you nothing..

all in all the way this is designed as well previous ones its just not meant to be played after the story.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

I play on normal difficulty and I'm of the same opinion. Valhalla gets too easy after about the half way mark, and in spite of people always bringing up the OP abilities in Odyssey, you can - you know - not use them. I still die in Odyssey if I don't pay attention for a moment, Valhalla is a lot more forgiving once you are levelled and decently outfitted. OFC the fact there's actually stuff to fight all the time in O might play a role too. I wish Odyssey had missile reversal though, and cats xD I think the problem with Valhalla is that it's just not well balanced, not because of moaning noobs. The Helix store is there for them. I'm also a noob and a moaner, but not one that moans about the games being too hard, lol.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@kreutzgang

whats the point of playing a game and after lvling up and finally getting something to limit yourself by not using it cos the game is too easy, that just terrible balance.

Doom eternal has done this so perfectly. The game is easy to learn but insanely hard to master.
    Being able to finish the game in nightmare you need so much practice and doing easier lvls over and over.

That gives this game so much replay value and longevity. Its just an awesome feeling to progress to a harder setting. Also the game has awesome achievents and cool new skins you can get every 2 months.
    That really keeps you playing.

They keep that new content coming consequently too. All i am saying you dont need a ton of loot to make a good game with replay value.

Valhalla just lack in every aspect though and i just wish they would watch at other games, play other games and learn from them, maybe copy some stuff or make it their own.
    Now they just seem to discard everything that made previous installments great, then label this game as ungoing service, but the only service we get is weekly new helix armors, thats just Bull.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I've never had any problems playing games in the way I want to by avoiding certain things. I really don't get why someone would moan a game is too easy b/c of some abilities they can choose not to use or even acquire since they come in a DLC. It's not like you lose anything by ignoring a thing you consider OP. The reason we get lots of abilities is so we can pick the ones we want to use, and that would include not picking ones we consider overpowered. Now if the entire game as such is in general is too hard/annoying/grindy or easy, that's a different matter as it's not something you can customise yourself.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@kreutzgang This reminds me of the Dishonored series. They give the protagonists supernatural abilities for either stealth or full-out combats. Some of those combat-related supernatural abilities are OP, but players can fully decide to use or not use them.

"whats the point of playing a game and after lvling up and finally getting something to limit yourself by not using it cos the game is too easy, that just terrible balance."

Well, the design of Dishonored answered this perfectly. In fact when playing Dishonored I even go for 0 spotted by enemies, 0 kills and 0 knock-outs on Very Hard setting. Because of this most of those awesome abilities cannot be used. Limiting myself, no point levelling up? I never think so. As the saying goes, you cannot have your cake and eat it. I deal with it rather than complaining since that would not help with the matter.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@kreutzgang

i am sorry but your argument doesnt make sense.

I mean i play a game to accomplish thing and i like to be rewarded for my time spent in a game, either with skill point to spent, cool new gear or other stuff.
    So to make this game somewhat fun i should restrain myself from using the few tiny rewards i get in the game just so i say : good game??

The truth of the matter is that i didnt enjoy this game as much as i did valhalla and that the balance in this game is way off.

Also please consider the topic.

I made a valid point about the game: Doom Eternal how they treat difficulty.
    Unfortunately you go way of topic and defend the game in someway... yet if you would be honest with yourself, you would admit that this game isnt challenging in any way.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I haven't played doom eternal and if you read my posts you'd know I'm defending Odyssey, and not Valhalla. Valhalla has badly balanced progression which gets too easy for everyone in general and not because of some abilities you can just not use. Odyssey has some OP abilities you can get in the Atlantis DLC and it makes perfect sense to me to not use abilities or items in games if they ruin the experience for you.

Suggested Topics