Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • dcarp85
    11 posts

Since 1.2.0 on PS5, I have been unable to connect to Ubisoft Connect and the online services within the game. When the game is first launching, it sits on the verifying add-ons screen for nearly 3 minutes before finally making it to the main menu. At the main menu, I get the 0x00000004 error if I try to open Ubi Connect or review patch notes. Worst of all, when I am in game, the Ostara festival never loads (I assume because it can't check in with the server to verify that it should activate?). Essentially the game is unplayable for me at this point as I have completed all other content and the platinum trophy. All I want to do is play the Ostara festival before the time period ends and I am unable to do so. I was planning on buying the DLC when it launches but at this point, I am ready to give up on this game as it appears Ubisoft has no desire to actually support their product. Your live chat has been busted for weeks and you offer no other means of contacting your support team so what are we supposed to do? How do I fix this problem? Please help me.

• dcarp85
    11 posts

@jameslogan491 I am not having this exact issue with 1.2.0. I can't even participate in the Ostara festival since it never loads. I assume this is because it can't do the server side check to confirm that it should be active.

• nofearpt
    4 posts

I'm getting this too since 1.2 . It takes forever on "checking for addons" then everything server related does not work with this error. Can't participate on the new festival , nor reda nor redeem the altair rewards nor anything. Was working fine on previous patches. I've tried rebuilding database , uninstalling and installing again , removing all dlc and trying again. Nothing works.

• dcarp85
    11 posts

@nofearpt Yep that's exactly my issue as well. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. I contacted Ubisoft Support via Twitter but haven't gotten a reply in 2 days. The live chat here on the ubisoft website never loads so I literally have no idea how to get support for this problem.

• dcarp85
    11 posts

I have seen reports of several other people with this exact issue, how is this not a higher priority? I have been unable to play any of the content that relies on online connectivity in the game since 1.2.0 dropped. Please Ubi, help us out here.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1426 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to report this, and to share the error code you're receiving. Error code [0x00000004] happens when a connection times out. If you're encountering this error, we would first advise that you try some basic connectivity troubleshooting. You can use the following support articles for your platform to help you do this:

If you are still encountering this error code after trying the troubleshooting steps, we would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your network settings. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

When opening a support ticket, please include an image of your port forwarding settings, as these will be needed as part of the investigation.

@dcarp85 - Thanks for already opening a support ticket. If you haven't already, would you be able to add an image of your port forwarding to you support ticket, as this will help the team to investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • verybigcinema
    5 posts

Hi everyone. Just curious - did someone manage to solve this issue? I'm having the exact same issues since the update to v1.2.0 ("loading addons" for several minutes, continuous online service error 0x00000004 when accessing the Animus shop, Reda's shop etc., no access to Easter event or my Helix credits).

I never changed anything in the game, on the PS5 or in my network. I already tried changing my Ubisoft password, unlinking my PS account, releasing the ports and enabling UPnP as described in the support article, starting the game without connection and reconnecting it later, reinstalling the game - nothing helped in the end. I got in touch with the German support via Twitter, but unfortunately, they were not able to solve the issue yet. However, seeing that I'm not the only one with this issue, and since I didn't change anything besides the update of the game (and also all other games are still working without issues), it's very likely that this is a serverside problem or maybe there is something wrong with our Ubisoft accounts. Unfortunately, the support seems to be only checking settings on my side in order to identify the root cause 😞

Besides of that, I'm also experiencing the same issues when trying to open a support ticket or accessing the live chat - it's not working at all...

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@verybigcinema Warm welcome to the forums! Thank you for letting us know what you've already tried in addition to letting us know how you've contacted our Support teams. Did you receive a support case number with your Twitter conversation? If so, please share that case number with me, so I can pull up the details on my end.

Official Response
  • verybigcinema
    5 posts

@ubiexcellent Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, I don't have a dedicated case number - it's just a longer conversation via DM. I'm using the same user name on Twitter, in case this helps. I basically posted all information from this conversation here (there are only some screenshots left, but they don't show anything new besides the error message). Your colleagues already had a lot of suggestions, but unfortunately, until now all of them didn't really help. So I was wondering if somebody on these forums possibly found a solution, since there weren't any further replies for a couple of days. Any hints to get my game online again are really appreciated, so I can finally play the Easter event and get the godly rewards from the shop πŸ™‚

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 483 posts

Hello @verybigcinema,

Thank you for your reply!

In this case, I would advise updating your Twitter conversation with a screenshot of your port forwarding (it's a part of the troubleshooting steps we provided in the previous post). It will help our team to investigate this issue further and resolve it for you πŸ™‚

I hope it helps and if you have any other questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • nofearpt
    4 posts

This is a very weird issue. I can login just fine on the same ps5 using the ps4 version of the game but on the PS5 i get the timeout issue during checking for addons.... At this point I'm just afraid that when the DLC comes out I'm not able to play the content I paid for. I'm currently on conversations on both twitter and facebook with the support, already sent screenshots of the port forwarding, just waiting on response. Already tried uninstalling and installing the game a couple of times, uninstalling all dlc using manage content on ps5, launching fresh without save files, even set my ps5 as DMZ and nothing works. I don't want to play valhalla at 30 fps.... My hope is that for every update they make I can again be one of the "chosen ones" to play online like I was previous of the patch 1.2 ......

• verybigcinema
    5 posts

Hi @ubi-mark

thank you for the advise. We already checked this in the Twitter conversation (and I already sent the corresponsing screenshot of the port forwarding), but this didn't help at all like everything else until now. Regarding the port forwarding, we tried all combinations, such as forwarding ports 80 and 443 with and with UPnP enabled, as well as enabling UPnP without having dedicated ports forwarded. Unfortunately, I also didn't receive any reply via Twitter for a couple of days now (even before the Easter holidays).

• verybigcinema
    5 posts

@nofearpt Yes, it's really strange. I'm somehow glad that I'm not the only one still having these issues, but besides of that I'm sorry to hear that you are also still affected. I don't really get why the support is still only searching for the root cause on "our side" since it should be obvious by now that it's very likely not related to the system settings, the network or the internet provider. It either has to be a serverside error, some issues with our accounts or maybe there is even something wrong with our versions of the game. I'm also using the digital PS5 version that I got as the free upgrade from the PS4 version, so maybe there is something wrong in this specific setup since 1.2.0. Since there seems to be a number of players affected, I cannot understand why this isn't escalated to the development/network/whatever team already 😞

• UnbridledLight
    7 posts

@dcarp85 +1
    Same issue here, since 1.2, my PS5 would not connect to Ubisoft connect. Tried all port forwarding methods 😞
    I am hoping they fix it by 1.3 or whatever the next patch is, optimistic as they seem to have acknowledged it. Lets see.

• verybigcinema
    5 posts

The problem exists for six weeks now and still isn't solved, even after today's update to version 1.2.1. I haven't received any reply from the support to our discussion on Twitter for almost three weeks now. I don't even know whether this issue is worked on or when we can finally expect a solution. Sorry, but this whole experience - having a frustrating bug and getting no real help from the official support - is absolutely unsatisfying.

• UnbridledLight
    7 posts

@verybigcinema Yeah, I was hopeful after game got updated to 1.2.1. But this still exists. I don't know what I can do at this point. All I get is - Thank you for reporting and Sorry from forums and Ubisoft support , but no action. Complete silence from them. To be honest, didn't expect this kind of attitude from Ubisoft, they are indirectly saying, only a small section of players are experiencing this so we don't care, figure it out on your own.

• UnbridledLight
    7 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Please look into this. I have provided support team with all they need including a YT Video. On PS5, this issue only comes with PS5 version, not with PS4 version (on PS5). So there is definitely something wrong with PS5 version.

Ubisoft Support Ticket: 14602526

YT Video :

• UnbridledLight
    7 posts

@verybigcinema Please look into this. I have provided support team with all they need including a YT Video. On PS5, this issue only comes with PS5 version, not with PS4 version (on PS5). So there is definitely something wrong with PS5 version.

YT Video :

• UnbridledLight
    7 posts

@ubiexcellent Please look into this. I have provided support team with all they need including a YT Video. On PS5, this issue only comes with PS5 version, not with PS4 version (on PS5). So there is definitely something wrong with PS5 version.

YT Video :

• nofearpt
    4 posts

@unbridledlight Same from me. Here is the video I sent to support :

Support ended the support thread with this message :

I'm extremely sorry to hear this issue remains on-going, but I've forwarded the details you've provided to me to our teams to be looked into. As soon as we have any updates on this, we'll let players know on the official website: >> https://ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/news-updates

Here's hoping the next update fixes this....

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics