Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

hmm kay... but playing vs intelligent ppl is a lot more fun then playing vs dumb AI in valhalla.
    Its a loit of fun to create decks and win with them vs other ppl. Nice to actually use your brain vs braindead gameplay in valhalla.

You should at least give it a shot.

Playing cardgames with other ppl isnt quite the same as pvp arena as in wow or something. The cardgame sin witcher3 or thronebreaker are really silly vs the games you play in gwennt.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Yeah, I agree with you. I preferred Thronebreaker over Gwent too for the same reason. I also loved Fallout 4, but Fallout 76 doesn't do it for me (I did play a free weekend, so I tried).

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I did try Gwent (on my iPad) and liked it at first, but at some point I started to get the feeling that the matching system was not treating me fairly. Maybe I'm just not intelligent enough or invested too little time in the game, but it doesn't have to punish me for this by making me loose every single game I play from players who had apparently spent a small fortune on stuff I didn't have. So I moved on.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I just really don't like any type of multiplayer. I played MMO's for years, I get sucked into a feeling of obligation to other players/the guild/whatever. As for playing against people - It makes me feel anxious, which isn't something I want from games. Also, what @hroozenbeek said, you always get those types that spend dumb amounts of money to be good. If there were no more single player games, I'd just stop gaming completely.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

you dont even need to spend any money in gwennt the reward system is really good, and from playing thronebreaker you will have collected automatically a tons of cards and key to unlock even more free stuff in gwennt.

I guess you dont like boardgames then either with real people?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

hmm ok. I have played hearthstone for years, i went from lowest rank in gwent to por rank within 6 weeks. didnt spend any money on cards i only got thronebreaker.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 no, it's just people I do not know online. Or my sister, who trashes the board if she loses 2 x in a row 😄

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 A while ago I played backgammon online with a good matching system. I had no feeling I was unfairly matched. But I certainly had that with Gwent. I've seen online that there has been a heated debate about the question whether or not the matching system in Gwent is fair, but that hasn't been resolved. Fun to read, by the way, that people in september 2020 wrote that CDPR never have been caught lying. Well, that's one for the history books.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

everyone likes different stuff. I think the matching system and the reward system wintin gwent is super fair.
    I am having a blast. In hearthstone i never managed to reach legend rank in 7years time, but i got there in gwent within 6 weeks 🙂

Mortal shell is another game that could fun, its coming out later this year on steam.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I found out that I seem to have never played AC Revelations, the sequel to II and Brotherhood. So I bought it and will set this straight. 🙂 Maybe I'll take another shot at Gwent after that.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

have fun.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

Pretty crazy stuff that Ubisoft are pulling off with us:

• Karloz1995
    Original poster 268 posts

@yesin069 is good that more people are noticing this issue

• Yesin069
    554 posts