Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Yesin069
    548 posts

@cawatrooper9

I totally understand what you are trying to tell. But just have a look at other game companies. They delay new content to fix bugs first and push out patches a lot faster. Other game devs don't have fixed monthly patch days that bound them. Ubisoft can't go out of their way and try releasing two patches a month. they always stay at the one patch per month (mostly in the middle and on thursday). Do never try to change this...

Ubisoft aren't small and aren't poor. more than 10 studios around the world work on AC and this means surely around 1000 people work on AC. Maybe now after the games release they decreased the number by half and just 500 are working. These are still more devs than other studios could dream off.

I would wish for a message like: Hey, we focus on fixing the bugs and bring in features that where already in past games. After that we will focus on new content. This would be the right move but i think Ubisoft are able to let teams work on bugfixes and patches seperately. They clearly have the man power but don't just don't do it because they got our money and Valhalla sold very well.

I even don't blame any dev. I blame the managment for not letting the devs work as they want. I clearly think they would push out patches a lot faster and are also able to fix those bugs pretty fast. There are very talented people that know their game well. But Ubisoft says: One patch per month - not more - put all things in this monthly patch and look what happens!

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@cawatrooper9
    They are not pumping out hotfixes and patches. They release 1 patch a month, which contains some bugfixes. Hotfixes have never been released by Ubisoft.

@yesin069
    well said.

• cawatrooper9
    38 posts

I dunno what to tell ya if you're not willing to adjust your expectations during a pandemic (and again, I'm sure the River Raids won't be a hotfix, so that's pretty irrelevant anyway).

As someone who has been playing Avengers and waiting for that Hawkeye DLC that was supposed to be released months ago, I can assure you this isn't the only game experiencing these challenges, and Ubisoft isn't the only company by far. Not really worth getting upset about, in my opinion.

It'll come when it's ready. I'd prefer polish to a buggy mess anyway.

• Asgardian02

@cawatrooper9

if thats the case your playing the wrong game, cos valhalla is super buggy

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@cawatrooper9

Ubisoft released i think 3 hotfixes from release to now. Just for some smaller bugs. No hotfix for the julfest (aka bugfest), so we ran around drunk at every start for weeks. Every other decent dev would have released a small hotfix before christmas to ease our pain.

Avengers is a bad comparison because that game flopped and the publisher clearly wants to stop work on that game all along. Valhalla is a big success for Ubisoft and all they care for are releasing microtransactions.

Horizon on PC also had bugs on PC and got patched weekly. It even got a patch 2 weeks ago and two hotfixes 3 days after that fixed bugs introduced by the new patch. And this game was already pretty polished and ran great at that point.
    Nioh 2 also had some smaller problems on the PC launch (nothing gamebreaking like with Valhalla - just some PC specific bugs) and got a patch after 5 days (today). Games like Hades from small devs get updates faster as you can say: Hey, there is a bug! These are just some games i played at launch and the pandemic affects those people too. Ubisoft aren't alone there. They still got our money and promised us stuff. All we got are more bugs with patches, worse performance with patches and more microtransactions.

I am also working in a pandemic and i know how hard it is to work on software without being in one room but today we have a lot of tools to communicate or remotely work. I would prefer working from the home office but i still need to go to the office every day and sit there without talking to anyone (just via phone, which i could also do from home).
    Even if they can't handle it from home, it shouldn't be that hard to tell us how the work is going. Are they having problems or are they simply not carring? We don't know and because of that i am annoyed. I would love to enjoy their game but i don't know when this will happen.

One huge patch doesn't do it for this game. It would work if they communicate earlier what those monthly patches will contain (at least the big changes - not every small detail from the patch notes). It would at least make the waiting easier. I would be a lot happier if i would know that the next patch will definately bring transmog or not. Ifnot i would uninstall the game and just start a new game in summer after more patches. Now i am just waiting and hoping for the best.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

also some better communication towards us the customer would go a long way.

How hard would it be to just inform us on what they are doing and planning.
    Surely riverraids is finished and what harm would it do to show us a bit more at this point?

• wolfviking
    1 posts

the silence from Ubisoft on what is going on with Valhalla is just too much. I am disgusted that I allowed myself to buy the season pass at this point. I in no way expected them to just drop the ball this hard on this game. It is sad at how much of a fecal show this has become. I had such high hopes for this title. The lack of updates or any communication on stuff is just baffling and completely unacceptable. They even just swept the whole yule festival issues under the rug hoping people would just forget it. I am not one to usually go on a forum and complain like this, but I finally hit my breaking point. This is just sad and I will definitely be waiting for bargain bin discounts on future Ubisoft games.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

The real question is: will river raids be a real big feature of the game, the kind of feature which totally transforms the endgame, adding things to do for hundreds of hours or...
    will it be only a small feature, à la Orlog. In many threads players see in them the messiah, but are we sure they will be that? Iäve waited for all spring, all summer and a part of fall for Valhalla and all in all I've been disappointed, because it's Assassin's Creed Mysteries and Keys, it's full of stuff I dont want to play: I wanted a viking action game, I end up searching for keys in wells, to open the back door of a church, to unlock the mechanism of the front door, which will allow me to open the door to open the chest which contains an ingot I dont need.
    Then Ubi asked me to be patient because River raids will come, and I was once more waiting for an up to come thing, but this time I dont want to be disappointed, but I fear that I will 😞

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@torfinr at first I thought the puzzles were a nice change of pace, but there are too many of them. They should only be for chests with important stuff in, and the other puzzle stuff would also be better if there were only a third of them, same for world events. They could randomly generate a certain % of them for each playthrough, that would keep it interesting and we wouldn't suffer from Puzzle fatigue half way through the game and then have to force ourselves to finish them, moaning and groaning, or not bother. Curses need to have a point to them, as such they are just freaking tedious, but I guess 1/3 per game would be tolerable.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Think of all the development time that went into the careful process of hiding all that unimportant loot behind barred doors etc. Imagine if they had not went overboard with that stuff, but had spent that time balancing the game and finding and fixing bugs... We would have had a better Valhalla at launch (and now)!

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@torfinr

I think they hyped this seasonal content too much and people think river raids will fix the endgame for them. Sure for some it will be fun to replay the same things over and over again. I will play all river raids once and this is it.

As i said before, i would prefer it more when they focus all their work on fixing bugs and improving faulty things in the base game (like transmog, better gear filtering in inventory, NG+, option to disable level scaling, better cloak physics and rain effects).

We should know at this point that there is no way that anyone will be playing this game for one whole year. It isn't made for this way of playing. The people will come back playing when the story DLC gets out. These are the big returning points for players.River raids will just boost player counts for about one week and then people will start begging for new content. But as we know by now...we have to wait one month as always!

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

had i known that this game is in fact called: assasins creed mysterie game, i wouldnt have bought it.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

lifting the curse does nothing.

At least in W3 when you cleared out a bandit camp, merchants would set up camp instead and civiliens would start living there as well,.

Here all that happens is that someone turned a light switch on, all the troll garbage stays in place,

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

what could the replay value be though?

What could be worth grinding for? Seeing how the game is setup with its crap loot and i find it hard to imagine what could be worth grinding for?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I know. It's a completely pointless feature that also gets super annoying after a while. Now if there were less of them (maybe a third), and they'd incorporated some kind of side quest/s or at least narrative in them, they could have been okay.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

or at least they could have given us a reward when completing all the cairn, another reward for doing all the offering, one also for all the curse lifting etc.
    Tagged with overarching quests such as with the medallions for basym, or the artifect with the roman dude.

I mean there are plenty of shop that i have upgraded multiple times that in the end serve no purpose whatsoever.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

We shouldn't have high hopes for this feature at all. Just think of it as the conquest battles in Odyssey. Nothing more and nothing less.

If they don't announce something tonight, we will have to wait until at least next wednesday or thursday again for a new patch. Great work Ubisoft! It would kill you to say something right?

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 I'm not disregarding anybody's issues, I just wanted to know what specific issues they're experiencing. Patterns emerge if we share this type of info. You say you play on PC and crash to the desktop, but I don't see that one on Xbox One X. That should be a flag for Ubi tech types.

• Asgardian02

@forcefrank

well i have written a few topics in regards of bugs i am facing, but no response from ubisoft, in fact they respond to anything so i am mainly here to chat with other i guess.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

i get that, but whats the point of replay content if there is nothing worth grinding for.

Who in his right mind will keep doing stuff if there is no reward in it?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics