Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

We didnt get any new content for ages no, apart from countless helix store packs.
    At this moment for them to hold onto a game as service model isnt really correct anymore as is nothing to do within the game for well over 2 months now.

I just dont get why they cant be bothered to feed us small bits of into about upcoming content.
    Some more info or even better a release date and whatnot.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TORFINR
    375 posts

I agree. Anyway for me the river raids will be the real proof of Valhalla's viability in the future:
    if they are good and manage to boost the replayability of the game, we can foreseen a bright future for the game.
    If they are not... check mate. Next game.

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

indeed, which game though. I was looking forward to cyberpunk, but that needs way more bugfixing i dont want another game that is glitched to the max as valhalla.

No other cool melee combat games are around, except for biomutant but thats due in may and i refure to purchase games on release.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

With so many games being postponed nothing is for sure, which is another good reason Ubisoft should be much more forthcoming

• MstrTarvos
    124 posts

Folks you need to be patient. Yes they announced this a while back, but given the issues of the last year chances are still good that they are dealing with issues related to the pandemic.

I know that it would be great to have more information, but it's their choice as to when they dispense the information, so just be patient as I said.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@asgardian02 i has notice that they are giving so much content for inmortal fenyx rising, and nothing for ac valhalla... i have a feeling that they are doing that on purpose so people can go and play that game... they even made a demo already for people to go play that annoying game seriously, they even added an ad in the ac valhalla menu...

• TORFINR
    375 posts

@karloz1995 Maybe they'll add the river raids in Immortal Phoenix instead 👹

• Asgardian02

@karloz1995

its from different studios. Finx rising is made by the same guys who made odyssey which was a far better game to begin with. This studios only concern is pumping out helix items.

• Asgardian02

@mstrtarvos

How hard is it though to just share some information though and an release date? Thats costs no effort really.

You arguments is also invalid, because it seems possible for them to release new helix store packs every week almost.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 They have said the River Raids-update would come in February. That's good enough for me. And if they have to postpone until March, I wouldn't really mind if that means we get an update with lesser bugs than the Yuletide Feast.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@hroozenbeek

If they have to postpone it, i would be fine with ir because i don't care for endgame content. But than they should focus more on bugfixes and release those bugfixes faster.

The golden rule should be: COMMUNICATION! Tell us what the hell is going on Ubisoft. If they need more time they should focus on polishing the game first and faster. But also stop releasing microtransactions without fixing bugs or giving us free content!

• TORFINR
    375 posts

The thing here guys, is that they already sold us the game, and for most of us the season pass.
    Are they "that motivated" or "that in a hurry" to release us something?!!

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

you unmotivated to not release anything and not communicate with us?

• TORFINR
    375 posts

@asgardian02 yes a bit. Or well, I'm sure they will release it within 2 weeks, pretty sure of it. Simply I'm a bit worried of the quality of the feature. Will it be good? And if not, what could it potentially mean for the game? For me at least, it would mean shelving the game, one of the game I waited the most during the last 10 years. So yeah, disappointed and worried, that's how I feel 😕

• Max18400
    410 posts

I really hope they fix/add alot of features with the river raids. Such like a transmog system, one handed swords, more hair/beard styles and more historically relevant gear.
    I'm almost at my breaking point with Vahalla. Being someone who's qualified on viking history, I was so excited when my most favourite game franchise announced this game. But it's led to one disappointment after another. Especially with how there are now more store armours than in game and how they've butchered a Sutton hoo armour set... I can't even get my head around it

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@max18400

I am pretty sure all this stuff is planned but we are talking about Ubisoft here. They will never be so kind to add all those features at once. River raids are sure and maybe transmog on top. When you want the other stuff i would suggest waiting for the complete edition in december or even later.

One handed swords are more something for a DLC if they even care. Hair/beard styles are likely because this gives them more options to sell via microtransation and fewer chances for getting the good stuff from Reda.

• Max18400
    410 posts

@yesin069 well, here's the thing; ubisoft have apparently passed all those requested features (a few of which I have complained about since launch) onto the Dev team. And considering a couple of months ago (there abouts) they were saying "oh we're going to be listening to fans from now on going forward". But it's been a while since then, a while since anything was really announced which does worry me.
    Also concerns me that nothing has been announced with the river raids - like they'll either be really good or really bad. Tbh they're likely going to be a make or break it for me personally

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@max18400

I expect just 3 maps with repeatable river raids. I will play them to get the books of knowlege and the new weapons and armor and this is it. Why should I care replaying stuff like that in an singleplayer game?
    In Origins i played those giant godly bosses just until i got the new armor.

I would prefer more quality of life enhanements that make the base game better and faster releases of the story DLC's.

Communication is pretty bad in Valhalla. Monthly update blogposts would fix this problem but they strangely didn't do this anymore with Valhalla. They could announce something on monday or next week or the week after. This is the problem...we simply don't know when they will say something or what will come. Surely in march there will be a stupid seasonal event again but this is also something i don't care for.
    The highest priority should be bugfixing and polishing the base game. Afterwards they can add what they want or think we like. Not everyone has finished the game in the first week. I started playing in december and still did just two arcs. I read about all those bugs and scared that they come to me too and break my game. So i am just waiting for more than 4 weeks now and forgot what happenend in the story. Basically I need to start a new game or watch story videos on YouTube to remember what happenend until where i am now in the game. When i load into the game i am just standing in the middle of nowhere and dont know what i did before or was planning to do.

This is why i dont like singleplayer story games to be live service games. I want to experience those games in my own pace without being forced to wait for bugfixes or standard features to be patched in before i can go on playing.

• Max18400
    410 posts

@yesin069 I completely agree with you. They need an actual need to replay stuff. Like the river raids could have been like a "conquest battle" from odyssey.
    I know people had issues with odyssey, but at least you could stick around after the story to do alot of side context (redoing Fort raids, bounties, battles etc.) in valhalla there's nothing.
    It's another gripe of mine as they ended the game at a point just before a really major historical event that changed the political make up of England and set a status quo that could have allowed Eivor and their raiders and allies to attack forts again.
    I guess that leads to another issue with loot. I know a lot of people thought odyssey avd origins loot system was ott (I thought they were stsndard rpg loot systems tbh), but they've gone the opposite way for Vahalla. There's no reward for the risk. Even its in-game currency, or a new one handed sword, there's just nothing
    And games being live servers, the initial game needs to keep players occupied until new content is released. And Vahalla doesn't

• Asgardian02

@max18400

dont you get bored from killing enemies and only loot stuff as : flowers, old pillows, a tooth, an empty box or fermented cheese?
    Thats not fun or thrilling. Ppl disliked the random loot in odyssey but at least you get something worth your while from enemies.

Would be even better if they would add in a loot system similar to hack&slash games with different quality items that you then have to unlock etc, that would make playing and killing enemies more fun.

Suggested Topics