Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Max18400
    410 posts

@asgardian02 read my comment carefully. That is exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying Vahalla needs to implement something similar to Odyssey. You need to have a reward for risks taken.
    For example, killing the zealots. You get nothing for your effort.
    I've never really got people's critism towards odyssey's loot system. It's the same grind that used in skyrim and the witcher.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@max18400

i just wish that they would have improved the loot system from odyssey more instead of removing it.
    In fact the loot system in odyssey was pretty simplistic.

Its very boring that every single gear piece in valhalla is mythical and sets at that,. When most sets dont really give any kind of mythical erks in the 1st place.
    Loot in diablo3, diablo2, path of exile and those kind of games is so much more defined and better worked out, thats really something ac games could learn from imo.

• Max18400
    410 posts

@asgardian02 I agree with you. It's a massive over reaction from odyssey's critics

• Yesin069
    554 posts

I disagree. Valhalla is faulty but the right step in the right direction. They just need to polish it more and find the sweetspot. Maybe more RPG stuff here and less there.

Most important is a team of lore keepers for the whole AC franchise and a main team that always has it's eye on the mainline AC titles.

This whole discussion wouldn't exist if they titles Assassin's Creed: Odyssey more like Odyssey: An Assassin's Creed Story. This would let everyone know that this isn't a mainline title and more experimental, so I never would have bothered in playing it.

Ubisoft can't compete with RPG's like Witcher 3, but they still are trying to copy it. AC just became so popular because they did something new back in the day. The mix of social stealth, parcour everywhere and combat was so unique that everyone liked it. Now they are just copying from other games instead of focusing on the stuff they can do well and bring freesh elements in.

• Asgardian02

@max18400

something i really liked in diablo3 was setup excel sheets to calculate the best dps for my hero.
    To see to where the breakpoints are for AS, how much CDR you need or what the best ratio is for CHS vs CHD and so on.

That kinda of depth isnt part of these games and thats a shame. The perk on weapons are all pretty underwhelming same for armors pieces.
    Your either wear a full set or combine 2 sets, its so limiting.

Why arent the unique items of which you can only wear 1, why are their no rings, amulets or armbands (those would really fit the game wel as your a viking) for additional armor slots and thus more build variation.

Instead of only getting epic items from enemies, they could have expanded this loot system and thus add much more replay value to the game.

More difficulties would have been welcome as well,

I just dont understand these guy they want to make a game that has longevity yet there is nothing worth doing in the game.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

Than you should try out Nioh 2. It has a lot of those Diablo mechanics with a lot of numbers and builds.

This is the problem where Ubisoft is in. They want to sell us a roadmap for a singleplayer game that should be enjoed and finished and this is it. Then wait for story DLC and play this content and this it it again. Valhalla isn't made from the devs to keep us in the game for 1 year. So it is more annoying when we don't get essentiel features fast.

• Max18400
    410 posts

@asgardian02 I mean ultimately, that is that is the one of the more significant issues with the game. Glitches and bugs are accidental. That the game has exactly 0 replayable features that keep you invested in things such as dlcs etc. Is a design flaw.

• Max18400
    410 posts

@yesin069 I mean spot on with this. Like love or hate odyssey, you could keep coming back to it as much as you wanted to upon launch.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

the art of the game doesnt appeal to me.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

A pity. 😞 I love everything with Japan in it. That's why i would love to play Ghost of Tsushima but i just have a PC and hope for this game to come to PC one day.

At least Nioh 2 is playable from day 1 and had all features that got patched in after thhe release in Nioh 1. The complete edition has even more stuff.

• TORFINR
    373 posts
    @asgardian02

A pity. 😞 I love everything with Japan in it. That's why i would love to play Ghost of Tsushima but i just have a PC and hope for this game to come to PC one day.

At least Nioh 2 is playable from day 1 and had all features that got patched in after thhe release in Nioh 1. The complete edition has even more stuff.

Concerning replayability or "things to do" when the main story arc is played, how is Nioh2?
    Are there repeatable quests or something? Or near infinite skills to unlock or maybe a way to make your character evolve for months? (genuine questions, I know nothing about that game)

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@torfinr

If you want a complex RPG with lots of numbers, than i think Nioh will be your thing.

You can replay every mission, play NG+ and optimise your armor, weapons and build. Furthermore there is some kind of boss rush or horde mode with 999 chambers.

Story is pretty bad but good when you like japanese folklore and gameplay is fun. A lot of special effects for weapons, transmog, rerolling abilities for weapons and so on. Nioh is pretty much a mix between Dark Souls and Diablo.

I like the Dark Souls part more and don't care that much about numbers and only will play the game once. NG+ also unlocks new weapon and armour rarities. So you will potentially need years to optimise every little inch of your gear to your liking. I just go in and play without caring too much about the numbers. If your PC is good enough it runs smooth. Don't expect a perfect PC port. It is a japanese one. This means forget playing with M+K. I always use controllers so i dont care.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

Godfall looks really good from a design standpoint, i just dont know how much replay value it has.
    For no wi am holding off to buy it though as for its current price it seems to steep to pay and the game doesnt offer enough endgame content.

keeping an eye on it as it might become better over time.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

From what i've heard and read, Godfall is pretty bad and nobody would have cared for this game if it wasn't a PS5 launch title. It just has good art style and this is it. Nioh 2 has more substance to it and the combat is really great. AC isn't in the same league when comparing combat.

That's why i would prefer the Batman Arkham or Middle-earth combat for AC titles. It fits a fast assassin with parcour skills better than those tanky, slower and more methodical combat systems.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

for now i have downloaded Wolcen again. havent touched it in over a year, but i will check out the new content for it and get the transmog from this season.

These are the games i am keeping an eye out for:

• Biomutant
    • Baldur's gate 3 (i know a small sliever is already out, but i will wait fro the entire game to release)
    • Elden Ring
    • New Fable game
    • Mortal Shell (isnt released on steam yet)
    • Outriders could be fun even though its a shooters but its 3th person
    • Witchfire
    • Warhammer Darktide.
  • Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

For me just Valhalla, Nioh 2 and Elden Ring. I also want to replay Witcher 3 when they release the raytracing update with improved graphics.

I just take my time for one game and finish them 100%.All those games will take me over the year. I also want to play Watch Dogs: Legion with Aiden Pierce because i liked Watch Dogs 1.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

Valhalla handt much content to begin with.

• Asgardian02

River raids would come in February, why dont these guys communicate though 😞

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

Because ONE PATCH PER MONTH!

They will never change their rule. This is Ubisoft's creed!

Last patch was on the 15th of january so the next one will be one the 11th or 18th. Surely with an announcement one day before as they always do. And surely this patch will also break a lot of stuff because it just will be too big and try too change too many things at once.

Btw: Who the hell made the rule that patches are just allowed to be released on thursday or friday? Would if kill Ubisoft to release a patch on monday to get feedback from people and hotfix the new issues till friday? It clearly is the wrong way to thow a patch at us before weekend and let us will all the new bugs. Other companies would even then try to fix them on mondaybut with Ubisoft we always know that it will be a long, long month of waiting...

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

Dont understand why they cant release it in beta 1st.
    Every D3 season 1st releases on a PTR realm, where it can be tested before release.

Why cant ubisoft do this? Or release some hotfixes.

Also if they only release content once a month, communicating is no content but it would be nice to share stuff.
    Btw 15th jan didnt feel like a content patch, it was only bugs fixed, nothing new added to the game.

Suggested Topics