Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• wolfviking
    1 posts

the silence from Ubisoft on what is going on with Valhalla is just too much. I am disgusted that I allowed myself to buy the season pass at this point. I in no way expected them to just drop the ball this hard on this game. It is sad at how much of a fecal show this has become. I had such high hopes for this title. The lack of updates or any communication on stuff is just baffling and completely unacceptable. They even just swept the whole yule festival issues under the rug hoping people would just forget it. I am not one to usually go on a forum and complain like this, but I finally hit my breaking point. This is just sad and I will definitely be waiting for bargain bin discounts on future Ubisoft games.

• TORFINR
    373 posts

The real question is: will river raids be a real big feature of the game, the kind of feature which totally transforms the endgame, adding things to do for hundreds of hours or...
    will it be only a small feature, à la Orlog. In many threads players see in them the messiah, but are we sure they will be that? Iäve waited for all spring, all summer and a part of fall for Valhalla and all in all I've been disappointed, because it's Assassin's Creed Mysteries and Keys, it's full of stuff I dont want to play: I wanted a viking action game, I end up searching for keys in wells, to open the back door of a church, to unlock the mechanism of the front door, which will allow me to open the door to open the chest which contains an ingot I dont need.
    Then Ubi asked me to be patient because River raids will come, and I was once more waiting for an up to come thing, but this time I dont want to be disappointed, but I fear that I will 😞

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@torfinr at first I thought the puzzles were a nice change of pace, but there are too many of them. They should only be for chests with important stuff in, and the other puzzle stuff would also be better if there were only a third of them, same for world events. They could randomly generate a certain % of them for each playthrough, that would keep it interesting and we wouldn't suffer from Puzzle fatigue half way through the game and then have to force ourselves to finish them, moaning and groaning, or not bother. Curses need to have a point to them, as such they are just freaking tedious, but I guess 1/3 per game would be tolerable.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Think of all the development time that went into the careful process of hiding all that unimportant loot behind barred doors etc. Imagine if they had not went overboard with that stuff, but had spent that time balancing the game and finding and fixing bugs... We would have had a better Valhalla at launch (and now)!

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@torfinr

I think they hyped this seasonal content too much and people think river raids will fix the endgame for them. Sure for some it will be fun to replay the same things over and over again. I will play all river raids once and this is it.

As i said before, i would prefer it more when they focus all their work on fixing bugs and improving faulty things in the base game (like transmog, better gear filtering in inventory, NG+, option to disable level scaling, better cloak physics and rain effects).

We should know at this point that there is no way that anyone will be playing this game for one whole year. It isn't made for this way of playing. The people will come back playing when the story DLC gets out. These are the big returning points for players.River raids will just boost player counts for about one week and then people will start begging for new content. But as we know by now...we have to wait one month as always!

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@torfinr

had i known that this game is in fact called: assasins creed mysterie game, i wouldnt have bought it.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

lifting the curse does nothing.

At least in W3 when you cleared out a bandit camp, merchants would set up camp instead and civiliens would start living there as well,.

Here all that happens is that someone turned a light switch on, all the troll garbage stays in place,

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

what could the replay value be though?

What could be worth grinding for? Seeing how the game is setup with its crap loot and i find it hard to imagine what could be worth grinding for?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I know. It's a completely pointless feature that also gets super annoying after a while. Now if there were less of them (maybe a third), and they'd incorporated some kind of side quest/s or at least narrative in them, they could have been okay.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

or at least they could have given us a reward when completing all the cairn, another reward for doing all the offering, one also for all the curse lifting etc.
    Tagged with overarching quests such as with the medallions for basym, or the artifect with the roman dude.

I mean there are plenty of shop that i have upgraded multiple times that in the end serve no purpose whatsoever.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

We shouldn't have high hopes for this feature at all. Just think of it as the conquest battles in Odyssey. Nothing more and nothing less.

If they don't announce something tonight, we will have to wait until at least next wednesday or thursday again for a new patch. Great work Ubisoft! It would kill you to say something right?

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 I'm not disregarding anybody's issues, I just wanted to know what specific issues they're experiencing. Patterns emerge if we share this type of info. You say you play on PC and crash to the desktop, but I don't see that one on Xbox One X. That should be a flag for Ubi tech types.

• Asgardian02

@forcefrank

well i have written a few topics in regards of bugs i am facing, but no response from ubisoft, in fact they respond to anything so i am mainly here to chat with other i guess.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

i get that, but whats the point of replay content if there is nothing worth grinding for.

Who in his right mind will keep doing stuff if there is no reward in it?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@yesin069 Today is usually patch day. Next week now I guess

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@forcefrank

This is why games need more patches on PC. Ubisoft clearly doesn't care about the PC version. The PC port was done by Ubisoft Kiev and i don't think they are even still working on Valhalla. This is way every patch just has 1 or 2 pc specific patches. The great thing on PC is, that Ubisoft should be able to release patches a lot faster. On PC there is no long certification process that takes time and money. They can just release patches when they are done.

Sadly the PC has the most problems and should get those patches but Ubisoft (as we know them) packs everything in one monthly patch. No care on the PC port. You can count the PC specific bugfixes from all Valhalla patches with one hand. Even Watch Dogs: Legion gets PC specific patches with a ton of pc fixes. This game also got no roadmap so the devs where able to delay the online stuff and concentrate on fixing bugs. This freedom isn't possible in Valhalla because they released the roadmap and have to stick to it. So every platform gets the same stuff without a lot of care.

@Asgardian02

I am not one inch excited for this river raids so i simply do not care. I just want a patch...

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 I've submitted many, many trouble tickets to Ubi and I've never, ever gotten a reply from a human, it's always a canned response with generic suggestions for troubleshooting which most folks would have already tried prior to submitting a ticket. It's weird how issues affect different platforms and even on the same platform across all the players. I'm seeing the same thing playing CP 2077, but that's another story.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

meanwhile take a look at this:

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@forcefrank Yes, It is strange how some are plagued with bugs and others are not. I play on Xbox One X with no issues, yet. Bought the Digital Download. But I see plenty on the same platform with multiple problems.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@asgardian02 On my list.

Suggested Topics