Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

Looks great but i don't know the devs so i can just say that the graphics are great. They need to prove that there also is a game that isn't grindy as hell. Asian games like this tend to be like that and have this style-over-substance-effect.

Let's look how it is when it releases. 😊

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1938 posts

@yesin069

i know, well i placed on my list of games to keep an eye out for.
    Doesnt look to be an open world though, but its very cool that you get the weapons from your enemies.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 They (the shops) are for the feast buffs - does anyone even use them?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@forcefrank I hate to tell you this, but those copy pasta responses do often come from humans who pick a pre-written response from a dropdown menu and sometimes add their own comments, but often not.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kreutzgang

I think those shops are also there for cut content. Like the two quests we got with the jul festival. Every seasonal content should bring some quests with NPC's from those settlement buildings that give us just some useless feast buffs. Even now when you build every one of them you find letters that hint at love affairs and stuff like that. Would be better to have those quests in the game for everyone at any time instead of season exclusive. Even if they are nothing great, they add to the settlement and the people that live there.

It would have been better if the seasonal content is just some decorations and events with new gear. Quests should be playable at any time in the year.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 I agree. Seems to be some new fad as they are doing it in Fenyx too. Another thing that is very MMO-ish.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

never used, it would make the game even more easier

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@kreutzgang I guess I should have elaborated, the responses are the same no matter the issue I was having. For example, I had to update our combo modem/router and had issues accessing Ubi servers and needed to know what ports needed to be open for specific games (a question from my internet provider). Ubi would send the same set of troubleshooting tips for that problem as they did for another game where I simply couldn't get it to load no matter what I did. It would get to a certain point in the download/install and just stop. At no time did anybody from Ubi tech support address my specific ticket issues.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@forcefrank Well wow. That's only slightly better than when it's impossible to contact anyone. Actually it might even be worse. I still wouldn't count out humans though; they might just have the same drivel replies to select from across games.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 2023 release, damn, thought it was sooner.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

So no patch this week. It will surely be next thursday then. As always we had to wait exactly 1 month. Not a second sooner or later (even i sooner would be possible).

• Yesin069
    554 posts

undefined

The new patch will surely be up next week. Expected size about 10 GB.

Why can't Ubisoft themselve say something about a patch release soon? Why do we need to search for this stuff? When they had given the patch to Sony for certification, than the patch is done and they already know what will be in it. So give us some hints!

I expect an announcement on wednesday night and a release on thursday. Business as usual...No single word before that!

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

would have been better if they had said that river raids would be released in march and then release it next week instead.

Seeing how Valhalla is without content at this point they actually set themselves up for some massive failure. I mean everyone is longing for some content and if river raids doesnt deliver i think many wont bother with season pass etc.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

They will never be able to live up to expectations with this update. Just when they release river raids, transmog and NG+ with lots of bugfixes in one patch, the people will come back. But they never will fix alls current bugs and the patch is just too big that it won't implement new ones.

This would be no huge deal if Ubisoft would fix new bugs fast but we know how it works with Ubisoft...wait a month again and this patch will add the new seasonal event which also brings new bugs. The only way to make this torture pleasable would be releasing smaller patches in between but Ubisoft won't hear...

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@yesin069 The Yule quests were weird, I never was able to finish the bow/arrow, drinking or the fighting one no matter how far I got in any of them? Were they bugged?

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 I don't see the upcoming river raids being any different than the ones we have in the game. I'm sure they'll have a ton of stuff we can buy through the store, but who wants that. Most of the raids in the game I'd just run to the chests for the resources and then fight 4-5 AI and roll out, rinse and repeat. They should have been setup such that you had to kill everybody in the encampment before you could enter the buildings with the chests.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@forcefrank

I started playing when the yule festival gone live and finished the yule content 5 days before it ended. Just the "always drunk" bug annoyed the hell out of me. A small hotfix before christmas should have fixed this problem but Ubisoft just went silent.
    It was mostly annoying when in combat and always at the max level of being drunk. Even then the game wasn't hard but it was annoying and not that impossible to fix with a small hotfix.

• Asgardian02

@forcefrank

yeah same, i even did raids in areas of 340 while i was lvl100 just to get the supplies.
    You could really cheat yourself that way through the content.

Same stupid thing with the sieges, There was no point in fighting any soldiers, just break the blockades and let down the drawbridge and you have won..

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

For immersion i always do those sieges very slow and try to fight with my men. Sometimes i also do raids in full stealth. That is why i would prefer are more cool-looking combat system. The sieges in Middle-Earth: Shadow of War looked so awesome just because of the combat. Without all those fantasical ghostly attacs it would fit an AC very well and the combo system would be fun (not like they tried to copy it with Syndicate...just horrible...).

• J.Blazcowicz
    1 posts

Suggested Topics