Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • kreutzgang
    600 posts

@hroozenbeek I highly recommend them!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

Yennefer and Triss were both much more important to the main story of TW3 (and in Triss' case also the previous games) than all the romantic options in Odyssey and Valhalla combined, including Randvi. Since CDPR also did a better job with the storytelling in TW3 in general, providing more depth to the characters, this combined makes us more invested in the choice between Yen and Triss than with the more or less random options in the AC games. Randvi, as likeable as she is and despite her fate as being trapped in an arranged marriage, doesn't have much of a personality (especially when compared with Yen & Triss), and even after 200+ hours in Valhalla, she still reminds me of Kassandra more than anything else.

• Yesin069
    459 posts

@hroozenbeek

I didn't read the books as well and every book reader would punch us in the face for not choosing Yennefer. ๐Ÿ˜‚

From what i've read about witcher lore, Geralt and Yennefer just need to be together. I like their chemistry and how they always argue. Triss is completely different. She is more the sweet kind of girl that cares for you. Yennefer is much more...complicated (as Gerals always describes their relationship). If i would have to choose in real life, i also would choose Yennefer but just because i prefer dark hair and it will be fun arguing all day. Triss is more the pick if you want a normal life and live long and quiet. Life with Yennefer would be more like a short (but funny) ride into a volcano.

Triss was never a big love interest for Geralt in the books and this shows that CDPR didn't just copy everything from the books. They made it hard (even for book readers) to choose between Yennefer and Triss and this is some big achievement.

I would be happy if Ubisoft would be able to just pull of a romance on the level of Keira Metz (more of a side romance and one-night-stand in witcher 3).

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@yesin069 Yeah, I fully agree with you, although Triss is more complicated than you give her credit for.

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@yesin069 funny. I always experienced Triss as a selfish (word would get censored) in the games, well mostly 1 and 2. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Yesin069
    459 posts

@kreutzgang

Me too. In the first two games she used Geralts amnesia to get close to him. But nevermind...she was in love!

Triss and Yennefer will always have a place in my heart. I played the witcher trilogy so many times now that i understand her really well. She is such a complex character that wanted to help other people in witcher 3 and would have died for it.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Yes, that's what my Geralt liked so much about her. ๐Ÿ˜‰ If Geralt would have had normal feelings, he would always have chosen Shani over Triss and Yen!

• Yesin069
    459 posts

@hroozenbeek

Shani was awesome too. But she was just too "normal". She deserved some normal guy who would live a normal life with her not a monster hunting mutant. Sorcercesses are much better for Geralt and both will live long enough. They will kill each other before they die peacefully...

• MexicanTemplar
    Original poster 39 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • kreutzgang
    600 posts

@mexicantemplar All your posts seem to be weird paranoid rambling about how you hate "leftists" and blame them for something else you hate, which seems to be the fact that not everyone is 100% some kind of gender stereotype. You need to move on to reddit or 4chan.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @asgardian02 since he lives there, he could oversee it himself. Not quite the same as sending stuff somewhere and leaving it open to be abused by corrupt entities. It's not like pumping billions into tech just to take out the odd criminal really solves anything either. We are way off topic now BTW ๐Ÿ˜„

I don't think we have to worry about them closing this thread because with all the complaints that we'll threw at them they've left the building. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Have you seen any of the moderators lately ?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

some ppl live for negativity...

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@patricia81994 One of them made an appearance in the thread about NPC's misgendering Eivor, so I guess they haven't completely left the building. I have a tendency to go off-topic but try to stop myself as I know it irritates some ๐Ÿ˜„

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Yes, it irritates me too that people try to hijack this thread about the different romantic options in Odyssey and Valhalla vs. the Witcher 1, 2, and 3 by bringing up the issue of Ubisoft supposedly hating women... Let's all stay on topic, people! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts

@mexicantemplar

You are absolutely incorrect. The [censored] your spewing reeks of misogyny and sexism. Just because a female character isn't a sex blow up doll dosen't mean they're not feminine. Cassandra is one of my all time female video game characters. I also find her very sexy. A female viking isn't going to go around with her tits our winking a blowing kisses to every person she sees. Masculinity and femininity have nothing to do with biology. They're constructs that humans have made and cultivated into society. Just like your views on what is and isn't feminine was.

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts

@mexicantemplar

Go ahead. Please inform this Norwegian how you know more about my people then i do. Go on. Speak out your [censored] some more please!

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts

@hroozenbeek

Well we have proof of ubisoft hating women
    So many of the staff have come forward about not being allowed to have female main characters. let alone all the silenced female victims of upper management. These things shouldn't be swept under the rug.

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts

@hroozenbeek
    Exactly

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994 One of them made an appearance in the thread about NPC's misgendering Eivor, so I guess they haven't completely left the building. I have a tendency to go off-topic but try to stop myself as I know it irritates some ๐Ÿ˜„

Well that's only one of them so i wouldn't worry to much though. ๐Ÿ˜‚ All i can say is you do not irritate me by going off topic so by all means go right ahead. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@weirdlybearded My post was in jest, but I would not jest about the way Ubisoft executives have dealt with real women and with female protagonists in their games. I know that very well and I certainly don't approve of it, on the contrary. But the OP's point was a different one.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics