Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MexicanTemplar
    Original poster 39 posts

[Removed 17/02/2021 by @Ubi-Woofer]

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • StabithaVMF
    4 posts

If you've never met a "masculine" woman like Eivor, perhaps it is you who needs to meet more real women? And plenty of women have contributed to society without being married and having kids lol

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Yesin069
    554 posts

It would be enough for me if they simply stop letting us choose between male or female. Just write a good female lead character who fits the setting and gets proper comments about their gender that fit the time period. Valhalla for me fits better with a male character but they could have made it work eben with just a female character. They just needed to focus on one gender so the other NPC's could be a little bit more surprised that a woman fights that good or stuff like that.

The games aren't set in our modern political corectness era so it was normal in those times that people didn't expect woman to be badass. This is how it was in those times and Ubisoft shouldn't try to hide those facts and just made badass womans in every time period without anyone commenting about it or hating woman that think that they can fight. This is history and Ubisoft should show it without trying to please every SJW in the world.

• MexicanTemplar
    Original poster 39 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TORFINR
    354 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • MexicanTemplar
    Original poster 39 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TORFINR
    354 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • MexicanTemplar
    Original poster 39 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TORFINR
    354 posts

@mexicantemplar They are really more than one or two female burial grounds found all over northern Europe. Some of the most famous burial grounds are in fact female burial grounds (the female warrior of Birka near Stockholm, or the Oseberg longship's women and so on, just as examples), though we cant really say if they were warriors, maybe sorcerers, of chieftains, possible. They they had weapons, so their attributes was not only cooking and taking care of children, like in the christian societies. But saying that they were "ugly" is well, quite idiotic: you pretend knowing how a woman 1000 years ago looked like??! And if you're a female warrior you're automatically ugly? Your brains have been washed à la christian-modern days sauce, my sweet one. Another fact is the position of women in Northern Europe during the pagan period which were way better than during the christian period, making such female warriors, chieftains (Jarl females, it's also well documented, it did exist) and sorcerers (especially Finns, which had a a strong tradition of sorcery) a reality.
    And as a side note, dont say "viking" for designing people, unless you specifically speak about Northmen doing raids. The misuse of that term all over the board here starts to become annoying.

Didnt resist haha 🐷

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

Only men that are insecure about themselfes would call a muscular woman ugly. When a woman works out she doesnt become the hulk you know... their hormones are totally different from ours for starters.
    Just take a look at women that compete in Crossfit they are sexy AF. Women that are very skinny as most models or in the movies... now that just doesnt look healthy to me.

• MexicanTemplar
    Original poster 39 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • MexicanTemplar
    Original poster 39 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@mexicantemplar

maybe you should read what i say instead. She-hulks are only possible when they you steroids at which point they become unnatural just as men do when they use that crap.
    But if you swinging a shield and a sword and in general ppl were more active then they are nowadays its pretty normal that women too would be more muscular.

• MexicanTemplar
    Original poster 39 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TORFINR
    354 posts

@asgardian02 Once more we agree, asgardian! And for once we're not talking about the game's replayability 🤙

And if I may, I'd add simply that you dont even need to be muscular to be a warrior. The usage of the spear for instance, or of the bow, could easily be possible even for less muscular females/males as they are based on skills and not on raw force.

• TORFINR
    354 posts
    (...)calling those male wannabes ugly.. wich they really are.. (...)

Subjectivity. Your opinion not a fact.

i call you the typical left that thinks tv shows like vikings are documentaries

You're the only one talking about wannabe realities here, and the only one who mentioned tv series. We're bringing you historical and archaeological facts, you counter us with ... your opinion.

like i say, there isnt really a 100% accurated proof of females warriors

In fact there are. Arab, Franc and Byzantine sources, well documented, about female warriors.

And also:

• The Byzantine historian John Skylitzes wrote that women fought in battle when Sviatoslav I of Kiev attacked the Byzantines in Bulgaria in 971. When the Varangians had suffered a devastating defeat in the Siege of Dorostolon, the victors were stunned to discover armed women among the fallen warriors.

• When Leif Erikson's pregnant half-sister Freydís Eiríksdóttir was in Vinland, she is reported to have taken up a sword and, bare-breasted, scared away the attacking Skrælings. The fight is recounted in the Greenland saga.

• Saxo Grammaticus reported also that shield-maidens fought on the side of the Danes at the Battle of Brávellir in the year 750: "Now out of the town of Sle, under the captains Hetha (Heid) and Wisna, with Hakon Cut-cheek came Tummi the Sailmaker. On these captains, who had the bodies of women, nature bestowed the souls of men. Webiorg was also inspired with the same spirit, and was attended by Bo (Bui) Bramason and Brat the Jute, thirsting for war."

• StabithaVMF
    4 posts

If this guy is so upset about his incorrect picture of history being wrong, wait until he finds out the Isu aren't real - he's gonna have an aneurism.

And I know he said he need to go outside, but I think it's better for everyone that he doesn't tbh lol

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@torfinr

yeah i think its so weird that when men play superheroes etc its expected from them to be muscular and look ripped. But when women play a superhero of in an actionmovie they are skinny AF.
    That doesnt look natural at all, even my wife cant stand those kind of movies where a super skinny girls takes out hordes of big dudes.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics