Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • 0 Likes/37 Replies/339 Views
    cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts

I made this poll because I want to resolve the gender choice problem.Because it isn't right that the female character can't be shown as the main character.

And it isn't right too that the male character appears on the 90% of the marketing,but then he isn't canon or he is called like a woman.

I wouldn't want to seem angry,but if you see this discussion,there isn't need of hours to give an answer.Twelve people have seen this and only two have answered and one is me.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Sam_Boo26
    146 posts

I always prefer to have the option to choose. They can both be canon or only one of them. I think it's better if both are, but they have to explain how it's possible like they did with Valhalla.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts

In Valhalla they explain why they are both playable,but there is only one canon viking who went to England with the Raven Clan and lived all those adventures.End she is female.The canon male character is playable without having references to the canon story only in 20% of the story.

• Geric0nqueror
    4 posts

@cap-cla
    Or you know what, why not create our own character with pre defined voicelines, so it's basically irrelevant which one is canon. For novels or visual novels, comics etc. sure there is going to be a default character, but the developers could easily declare that it is not possible for the animus to define the sex/gender of the subject, because of some ISU magic DNA thing or the lack of bones discovered etc. so they had to choose a sex/gender for the comics character to relive the memories. But I guess this option would also be too wishy-washy for some people and they'd be upset...

I think we reached the point in which nobody can be 100% satisfied without some compromises here and there.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts

Maybe you haven't played some missions where the people talk to male Eivor like a woman.There are many references,very bad if you thought to play normally as manly male viking for all the time.So what is canon isn't important only in the comics or in the novels. And to avoid this problem,I hope that through this poll Ubisoft will understand what the community really want.

• Ringlercorp
    3 posts

I want more in-depth character customization.

Perfect example is Ghost Recon Wildlands and/or Breakpoint.

You can stick with the default character, or you can go more in-depth and choose your gender, choose from around 10 faces, a few skin colours, and some hairstyles.

That way everyone is happy with how your character looks. I don't know why Assassins Creed doesn't do this.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

I want to choose, and I want my choice to be taken seriously and not be told I'm actually a different gender and made the wrong choice, and yeah, I don't want NPC's referring to my male Eivor as she lmao - that's just weird. I also dislike being forced to switch between characters in games.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts

I am very happy to see that someone agrees me.Like all you can see there are a lot of different opinions.So I hope that in the future all the community of assassin's creed will vote here.Ubisoft must hear us to avoid new mistakes.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts

Where is my survey?!Is there anyone that can explain me why it there isn't more?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@cap-cla hit F5. The forum is super glitchy.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts
    @cap-cla hit F5. The forum is super glitchy.

Thanks for the answer.I hope it will be solved soon.Anyhow I think I found a way to see it.There is only need to click on my profilo,find the message where the was the poll and then click it and vote.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@cap-cla there is no poll

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts

I don't know want you want to say with this thing, because you have already voted.But I have already said what to do if the poll doesn't appear.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@cap-cla sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesnt

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts

I know.I am sorry for this.I hope that the forum will be fixed very soon and in this time you can only do what I said.Moreover Mamilaris in the Assassin's Creed Rebellion forum gave also another advice in the discussion where I invited to vote.You can read also it,but please:continue to vote.

If you want,say to who you know that there is discussion,so that everybody can choose what he/she thinks it's better for the future of the series.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 61 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics