Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TAJ1964
    Original poster 5 posts

Having played the game, since it was launched last year, I have had no problems worthy mentioning - until after update 1.1.1 was uploaded a few weeks ago. Last week, my game crashed to the desktop twice. Yesterday, it crashed to the desktop 5 (five) times during less than 2 hours of gameplay.

Several bugs and glitches have shown up on screen. Eivor cannot use certain stairs, without suddenly being not able to move forward - unless she climbs the walls instead. Eivor sometimes hover above the ground, when she kneels. Lumps of grass floating in midair. NPC stuck in cliffsides, treetrunks or housewalls. Or the most crazy one so far; tracking a zealot and chasing him down, only to find the guy lying dead on the ground - and his horse turning cartwheels high up in the air above him! Having confirmed "the kill", the horse stops moving, but stays put up in the air.

Updated my graphics driver; did not solve the problem. Installed an older version of said driver; did not solve the problem. I am currently not able to play the game for more than 5 minutes, before it crashes. And I have no idea to the reason why....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 854 posts

Hello @TAJ1964,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Can I kindly ask you to share with us your full PC specs? Additionally, can you please try the troubleshooting steps in this article? It will help to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

Last but not least, can you please provide us with a few short videos showing these bugs you mentioned? Once received, we will be able to pass it along to the development team.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • sonic_casper
    2 posts

Broken/BUG! Mission: In The Abscence Of An Ealdorman.

I have played almost 240 hours in this game and came to a standstill in the mentioned mission above. I have done what I always do in ALL Assassin's Creed games, exploring the world as soon as possible early on. In the mentioned mission I find the Ealdorman in the cellar of the castle and need to search for proof of his death. Unfortunately I have been there way before and took a brooch which is in my inventory. The mission still wants me to find some proof (which is that brooch) and because of that I cannot come further in the mission. I have completed every thing there is in the game except for some small side missions.

I updated my game to the latest patch but it is still the same problem. When can I expect to get that bug fixed so I can continue the story?

Thanks in advance
    Casper S.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@sonic_casper Hello there! Thanks for sharing, however please be sure to update the megathread dedicated to the issue you've mentioned with your report, as we'd like to keep all responses in one place! I'd also like to note that the issue itself is still under investigation at this time.

Official Response
  • TAJ1964
    Original poster 5 posts

Morning, Ubi-Mark.

Thank you for your answer. My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 core CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I have been running the game for 80+ hours with graphics set to ultra high and experienced no problems - until mentioned bugs and glitches appeared.

Sorry, I have no video or pictures of any of the incidents I have encountered. I will take a look at the troubleshooting, you recommended.

TAJ

• TAJ1964
    Original poster 5 posts

Just to follow up on my first reply.

Regarding specifications - forgot the motherboard. ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming.

Ran a verification of the game files. Everything in order, no errors.

No problems with my Ubisoft Connect or any other Ubisoft game - currently logged 405 hours with The Division and not encountered a single problem of any kind.

I always run all my games with administrator rights.

Background applications are at an absolute minimum - and I use a gaming booster with my videocard, that closes unnecessary system services and optimize memory.

Tried to attach the latest DX Diagnostics, but apparently I do not have "the privileges" to do that...?

TAJ

• TAJ1964
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-mark

Morning, back again.

I seem to have solved the problem, apparently. Tried to go back one more step, regarding installing an older driver for my graphics card. Current installation is Nvidea 457.09 - and the game moves along fine. Also, I haven't had any further odd encounters concerning bugs and glitches....yet.

• TAJ1964
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-mark

Well, the problem with the game crashing to the desktop is back again. Not every 5 minutes, but once in a while - several hours or just one hour, there is no apparent order or interval.
    Bugs and glitches have taken a break for the better - they still appear, but not so frequently and much less seriously.
    I am still not allowed to attach my DXdiag to this posting - I do not have "the privileges" to do so...?
    Below the specifications of my gaming corner - I left out my coffee and bisquits.

Tower; Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE – Miditower
    Motherboard; ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming
    Processor; AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Wraith Prism 3,9GHz
    Harddrives; Seagate BarraCuda ST400DM004 – 4 TB HDD x 2
                        Corsair Force MP60 NVMe Gen4 M.2 – 2 TB SSD
    DVD ; ASUS SDRW-08U58-U DVD-RW
    Soundcard; Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 PCI Express
    Speakers; Logitech Z-5400 THX 5.1 Surround
    Headset; Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X Gaming
    Graphics; ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX OC – 8 GB GDDR5 RAM
    RAM; Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR-4-2400 C16 BK DC - 32GB x 2
    Powersupply; Corsair RM1000x – 1000 Watt-135m
    Screen; ASUS 24” VG248QE – Black
    Keyboard & Mouse; Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000/Comfort Mouse 4500
    Seat; DX Racer RACING PRO R131-NR Gamer Black/Red
             Florpad Silver Line

Having updated the game to version 1.1.2., I will try to update my graphics driver again. The gaming files still check out 100%. It is not a huge problem, but if it starts occuring more often again, I would appreciate some good advice/assistance.

TAJ

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics