Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ringlercorp
    Original poster 3 posts

I finished Odyssey 100% (main story, DLC, etc) and I thoroughly enjoyed all 150+ hours. Valhalla however, I'm really struggling to even finish the storyline.

Sure, there were some improvements over Odyssey:

-Raids are a cool addition.
    -Customizing hair, although not nearly enough options (I'll get to that). Male Eivor looks badass with a beard and a shaved head.
    -Settlement building is cool.
    -They got rid of the stupid "Critical Assassination".
    -They got rid of the stupid gear score so you aren't messing around with gear every time you pick up a new item.
    -Pulling up your cloak is cool as hell.

That being said, the steps backwards are GLARING, and really take away from this game:

-Assassinate (stealth) AND swing your weapon (loud) is now assigned to the SAME BUTTON???. WHY? Why would you change it from "Y" on Xbox (or triangle on PS5) like it has always been? I can't could how many times I'm sneaking up on someone, and "Assassinate" pops up, so I hit RB at the exact moment that the enemy moves slightly and the "Assassinate" prompt disappears. So instead of quietly executing one enemy, I violently swing my sword, alerting the entire camp/base. Literally no one can claim that it hasn't happened to them numerous times. F'N STUPID. As I'm typing this, I wonder if there's a way to change it back in the settings?
    -No more transmogging gear? WHY? The Hidden Ones gear looks amazing, but it's set bonus does nothing for me. So I'm stuck using ugly gear because it has a better set bonus.
    -No one handed swords? Really? So my options for swords are an 8ft tall greatsword (which there are only two of, unless you buy more)... Or a dagger. Thanks. I'm aware that you can use a greatsword in one hand, but that's not what I want. I want the speed and range of an axe in the form of a sword. Hmmm transmogging would sure help here...
    -No health regeneration after combat. Out of rations, low heath, so now I'm running around eating trees and berries (which there are hardly any of).
    -Cannot craft arrows anymore. Sure, you can buy arrows in friendly towns, and there are quivers lying around in bases. But out in the wild? I literally went 45 minutes with an empty quiver running around the woods. Not a single arrow to be found anywhere.
    -No more ship battles. Close quarter ship fighting down the rivers would be awesome.
    -The speed and distance the enemies instantly spot you is absolutely ridiculous. A dude spotted me within 1 second from so far away, I didn't even see him. It wasn't this bad in Odyssey. They need to tone that down. The cloak doesn't do enough in the distrust areas. Apparently they improved it, but I still get spotted constantly.
    -The skill tree is massive and annoying. Spread out over a giant area, and it's greyed out so you can't plan your character without constantly doing a re-spec. I'm now just hitting the auto-assign button because I just couldn't be bothered anymore.
    -Nitpicking, but Female Eivor always has the side of her head shaved and it looks ridiculous. NPC's are rocking Kassandra's hair style, and yet there's no option for Eivor to use it.
    -Definitely less clothing options. All of them have giant baggy pants that look like a parachute. I understand it's winter, but we need more.
    -"But there's no fetch quests!!!" ...Except these side quests are more frustrating and time consuming than any fetch quest in Odyssey. Like... Finding your way through a barred door to get a key, then another barred door to find another key, and one more barred door to unlock the chest... Only to get a nickel ingot that I already own 50 of.

I feel like some of these omissions make the game frustrating for the sake of being frustrating. This game just isn't as fun. It's more of a chore.

Rant and whining over.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics