Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Karloz1995
    Original poster 268 posts

the intrigue is killing me.. pls give us some clues of what to expect about that.. but with some images or small clips of what is going on.. 😞

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TORFINR
    351 posts

We know that it will be three "maps". But what do they mean by "map"? A map like Vinland? Or smaller?
    We know also that they will be repeatable.
    That's basically all we know.

• Black_Widow9
    Community Representative 29 posts

Hey!

Glad to hear you're excited. We'll have details soon, so keep an eye out. 😄
    Sea Ac Sticker by Assassin's Creed

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    548 posts

I am not excited. I would be more excited for bug fixes, better performance, transmog and NG+.

I don't expect a patch next week so i deinstalled Valhalla and switched to Nioh 2 which runs great and focuses on his streangths. It builds on the fundaments of the previous game and had all the weapons and quality of life changes that where introduced in Nioh 1 from the start without trying to patch in the same stuff in the sequel (like Ubisoft does with every sequel).

Sadly i was stupid enough to buy the Valhalla Ultimate Edition and can'T get my money back. But (like EA) Ubisoft is now on my list of publisher from which i won't buy games anymore until they prove they deserved it.

Maybe the next patch adds river raids, transmog and NG+ and i will be happy but because of the forced 1-year-spport-roadmap of this game, they are forced to spread the content out more and let us wait longer to have content for every month. Instead they should add everything they can as fast as possible. If this means just 5 months spport for this game i will be happy that we all got the same content faster.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

strikes me as odd too. Thats basivally how they justify being a game as service to constantly patch in quality of life stuff that previous titles already had and then claim that as free content.
    When in fact as a customer you'd expect that to be part of the game from the start. Seeing how they did this with odyssey and now with valhalla this doesnt encourage me to buy ac games on release anymore.

• TORFINR
    351 posts

@asgardian02 The problem is that we bought "promises". River raids are just another promise of content we know nothing about but that we already bought (season pass or not in fact)

Ubi in November 2020: "You'll see it will be great"
    Players in November 2020: "oh but no, it's bugged and some aspects are unplayable!"
    Ubi in December 2020: "Patience, we're patching all that, it will be awesome."
    Players in January 2021: "oh but the replayability is bad."
    Ubi in February 2021 "Stay tuned, the new feature will make it great!"
    But meanwhile, they are adding armors in the shop like no tomorrows, to a point now where there are more armors to be bought, than real armors to unlock in the game.
    And I second you, asguardian, the next AC release will be without me, they will have to EARN my money with a real product, not simply the promises of something that may never come.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@torfinr

thats why i havent gotten the season yet. i wont till everything is out.

• TORFINR
    351 posts

@asgardian02 But you bought the game 😉 and the River raids are part of the game. You bought an up to come feature that may be good without knowing what it is. Like all of us.
    Funnily enough I think that the DLC can be good, and we take very little risk with them. The risk we take is with the core of the game, which is not in the DLC but in the content patches.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@torfinr

I think so too. The Season Pass story DLC will surely be good and add more content. The problem for me is the roadmap. Roadmaps in singleplayer games just mean early acess beta release and wait for our patches. I don't get why river raids are not just a part of the main game? This was clearly an idea they had and wanted to put in the game but Ubisoft told them that they need to release the game and even released it 7 days earlier.

Would it have been that hard to just release the main game with NG+, transmog and better sorting options in the inventory? Why is this stuff that they are trying to sell to us as "free content" after release. Those things where patched in the games before.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@torfinr

thats why i havent gotten the season yet. i wont till everything is out.

• Karloz1995
    Original poster 268 posts

@torfinr where i live those stuff are very expensive 😞 i will wait but like a few month after the release of the first dlc to see if is good to buy, i dont want to make same mistakes again

• AlphaGoose46219
    157 posts

@asgardian02 We purchased a empty house, can't life in it because the roof still leaks!
    Needed furniture will be delivered at a later date.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@alphagoose46219

i am not quite following your cryptic message.

• TORFINR
    351 posts

@asgardian02 What he meant is that Valhalla is like a house we bought, unfinished, without roof, and we're waiting for someone to finish it. But we dont know when it will happen.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@torfinr

ah yes, that makes sense 🙂

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics