Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

Here are some suggestions to Ubisoft that would improve gameplay with a cloak a lot:

1. Let us wear the cloak in combat!
    • It is just such a "gamie" thing when suddenly the cloak disappears when entering combat. It looks very odd and isn't realistic or needed in any way. I don't need an indication to tell me "Hey, you are now in combat!". When ithere is an axe in my or in the enemies face, i know that i am in combat. When i want to take the cloak off in combat i can do it at any time.

1. Don't change camera response time when using the cloak!
    • I don't understand why the camera movement is slowed down, when using the cloak. I know it should tell us "Hey, you should move slower now, because you are in social stealth mode!", but sometimes i just run around with a cloak because it looks cool. In this instances i just want the normal camera sensitivity.

1. Improve cloak physics!
    • The cloak physics are worse than even in some PS3 games. They seem to be fine when walking very slow but when you start running or on a horse they change to this static floating state. You can even clearly see when it changes between those two states. The cloak should react physically correct and float in the wind.

1. Reduce clipping!
    • This is obvious. There should be no clipping of weapons, hair or beards through clothing. And on horses the cloak shouldn't clip into the horse when riding slow.

1. Wetness effect when raining!
    • The cloak and armor does get wet when swimming, so this clearly is in the game. They just need to add this effect when it rains. It looks really odd when it is raining and Eivor just is dry like on a sunny day.

It would be a pleasant surprise if Ubisoft just adds one of those things but i really don't believe in it. At least i don't give up hope and would wish that they try to improve the game more and stop focussing on microtransactions.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

as long its a toggle on off option i am fine it. Because if the cloak was constantly shown as in stealth that would be something i would truly dislike.

• Yesin069

@asgardian02

Of course i would love the toggle too. We can toggle the cloak on and off whenever we want. So they just should let us decide and not choose stuff for us.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@yesin069 i prefer hoods, with no cloak 😞 but yeah.. i remember when the game was released, u can actually fight with the cloak on, but i believe they patched it to be removed when a combat starts

• Yesin069

@karloz1995

I didn't know that. I started playing in december with patch 1.1.0, because i thought at this time all huge bugs would be fixed. I am still waiting to play the game fully.

A hood only option would also be amazing but the already have this animation when you put the cloak off which would look strange with just a hood. You can see it with the Bayek outfit. It just looks odd when Eivor pushes his shoulders back to just put off a hood.
    So I just thought of the easiest stuff that Ubisoft should be able to implement with very little work. I know that they never will implement new animations for toggling just the hood off and on without charging money for content around it (like with an story DLC).

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@karloz1995

i reckon its to avoid clipping of weapons and what not. Otherwise it would be quite some work to make it so your weapons wont clip through the cloak

• Yesin069

Here is another game where the armor style looks similar wo Valhallas which nailed cloth physics. Look and learn Ubisoft. This shouldn't be too hard to look at Ghost of Tsushima and this game:

• WendysBrioche
    11 posts

Agree with all points.

• Yesin069

@wendysbrioche

Sadly not many people bring this to Ubisofts attention. Bugs are more important to fix but they could at least add the wetness-effect that is already in the game. Fixing all the clipping issues will be much, much work.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics