Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• cmhoughton
    Original poster 32 posts

NSFW ‘Community’ Picture in Hordafylke Near Goinhellir

How do I report this?  I tried reporting this is Community Generated Content and mentioned it on Twitter, but got no response.

Your development team has had enough (and well-known) issues around sexual harassment and hostile work environments, you’d think there’d be an easier path to reporting offensive community pictures. That’s annoying. Kids play this game right?

It was cleverly done, using Eivor’s foot prints in the snow and Odin’s Sight, but probably not something other users want to see (at least I don’t).

I took a screenshot, please let me know where to send it. Or maybe DM me? I don’t want to give that content anymore bandwidth than it already has.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kormac67
    812 posts

@cmhoughton Kids are NOT supposed to play this game, it's 18+ with dismemberments and brutal torture scenes.
    So cool down if someone managed to sneak some nudity in (that's what it appears to be about).

Edit: you mean this?
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/photomode/photo/573e320c-569b-4a96-8a80-bf5097f39e46
    Grow up.

• YazX_
    174 posts

@kormac67 even though, its not content from the developer where you have the choice to buy the game or not if you dont such content, he is right, it is not about 18+ adult game, i dont want to see a crap like this in the game either, if you are ok with this then thats your thing, but it shouldn't be forced on our throats, isnt it enough that these photos cover areas in the map (especially view points) and every time you have to hide them whenever you launch the game, now this comes in.

This feature SHOULD be optional and have a setting in the menu to turn it off for good.

• cmhoughton
    Original poster 32 posts

@yazx_ it’s annoying, and it could be mostly adults play this game because of the suggested age, but I don’t want to see sophomoric attempts at crude bathroom graffiti of a guy’s junk in the game.

Given their record with sexual harassment and having a hostile work environments for women, Ubisoft lawyers probably wouldn’t like the company to give idiots like that a platform.

Does someone pick those shots? If the shots that show up as ‘Community’ photos aren’t curated, that is a problem.

I wish it was easier to disable those altogether, or toggle the view of them off like in Odyssey, but in this version if you turn that off in the map options you also turn off seeing opals. I suppose since I’m not seeing opals on the map anyway it doesn’t really matter to me, it’s what I did to not see that [censored], but I thought they’d want to know in case they wanted to do something about those sorts of images showing up.

Someone else might come along who is even better at making graffiti in the snow of male genitalia and hostile work environment lawsuits would get even more evidence Ubisoft is a safe space for the sexist Neanderthals of the world.

It’s also annoying that view setting isn’t sticky. I have to go in every single game session to turn off seeing photos. Maybe that could be an ‘enhancement request’ even if it isn’t really a bug.

• cmhoughton
    Original poster 32 posts

@kormac67 no, that one’s different, did you do that just for me? Should I be flattered? Or happy you’re proving my point?

in any case, it’s clear that I’m not the one who needs to do the growing up here.

• SquZi3489
    20 posts

Cry away snowflake

Suggested Topics