Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

In Origins and Odyssey they made those monthly updates at the start of every month, which told us what we can espect. Where are they in Valhalla?

I know because of the pandemic it is harder to make videos with the devs but nevertheless they can make written blogposts. They can make one and say this month we will give you river raids, transmog and bug fixes with a patch in the middle of the month. This would stop the frequent questioning about when we will get transmog or doesn't raise hopes that it will be in the next patch.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

in case you havent noticed the team that made valhalla doesnt interact with us on these forums either.
    Which they did a lot on Odyssey

• Yesin069

@asgardian02

But the monthly updates where a thing in Origins as well, which was made by the same people.

I understand that they have to work from home and this is very hard when you have kids and all. I understand that they try their best. I don't blame any dev here and will never do this. They are good passionate people that work a lot for their money.

BUT monthly updates are absolutely possible, even in pandemics. Just ask the devs what is planned and tell us at the start of every month in a blog post. This is what community managers and live content directors should do. Let the devs focus on their work but ask them every other week what is going on and what is planned to release in the next 4 weeks.

Better than waiting and knowing nothing. The only thing i know is river raids and as i know Ubisoft, this will get repetitive after max. 5 hours. The know issues list tells us which bugs will be adressed in the next patch but we know that this doesn't mean that they will really be fixed. And not to forget the new bugs that the new update will introduce.

The problem with their monthly patches is, that they try to put to collect all fixes and put them in one patch. This increases the possibility for problems and isn't a smart decision. Smaller more frequent patches could resolve this but Ubisoft management doesn't want great customer service, fast responses to bugs and always waiting for Sony and Microsoft certification processes. So one time a month and the rest is our problem. Just do something different in this pandemic. They got our money. Just go to the cinema with friends or to the gym...

For me the answer is deinstalling everything from Ubisoft and playing games from Publishers who try to do better.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069
    dude,, gym shave been closed for 3months now... 😞
    Cinemas even longer.

Thank got i have a home gym with KBs, DBs, Macebells and resistance bands i do miss lifting heavy weights.

• Yesin069

@asgardian02

Yes, this whole lockdown is really killing me from the inside.

That's why i complain more about useless stuff like Ubisoft not patching their game. Otherwise i would just wait 1 year for the complete edition but it keeps getting really really boring, with no end to this on the horizon.

Sorry, for little off-topic! 💩

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

thats the reason why i got ac valhalla in the 1st place, initially i wanted to wait a year, but now i really regret not having the patience for that.
    There is just not much to do. Everything is closed and by now i have watched most cool tv shows as well with my wife 😛

• Yesin069

@asgardian02

I started watching Cobra Kai (loved Karate Kid as a kid in the 90ies) and thought this would kill time until the patch arrives but Ubisoft just needs too long.

Happily Nioh 2 is there and will take all my time away from Valhalla.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

cobra kai has a pretty high cringe factor, still the 1st season was alright. Second season not so much and then the 3th season i stopped at the 1st episode.
    It sux if characters keeps falling back and never progress in any through life. Almost everything that Netflix touches is pure garbage too.

If you want some good tv shows, i would recommend watching:
    "dark" (yeah netflix purchsed it in the end, but its really good)
    the undoing
    your honor
    Billions
    Gangs of London
    The boys
    The Flight attendent
    Westworld
    Yellowstone
    Raised by wolves

• Yesin069

@asgardian02

Yes, i know it is cringy sometimes but for me it was just nostalgia seeing the same actors from the movies 30 years later.

I am not so much into serie. I just watched Sopranos and The Witcher. I don't like just sitting there and watching something. Seems too passive to me. I prefer going out (not possible now) or gaming (also passive but at least i use my fingers).

Sadly every new game that i would possibly play is a bugfilled mess or clearly still a beta and unfinished (Valhalla, Cyberpunk, Wtach Dogs). Just Nioh 2 seems polished enough to be played on day 1. The problem is those soulslikes can be pretty challenging to play at times because they often need all your concentration. Something i forgot to do in this pandemic which just meant working and sleeping like a for me. So this is some mental training for me. 😁

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

i still have Doom Eternal which is really hard but once you master certain steps it gets more and more fun along the way.

In theory the witcher series was pretty bad, But the dude who plays the witcher made it alright. He did a great job and he is a huge fan of the game and it really shows.

Suggested Topics