Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 12 Likes/80 Replies/765 Views
    DuskDragon56496
    380 posts

@LeoRaptor1979 what I "need" I'll decide for myself, what other people "need" they can decide for themselves, but since you bring it up what I don't need is more over priced microtransactions where aspects of the game suffer to bolster those sales and yet leave the game in the sorry condition it's in...I definitely don't NEED that! Sorry to burst your bubble but that's usually what beta testing is for, your reasoning is pretty lame and serves only to make excuses for a company thats already shown us they don't give a damn one way or the other.

• martygod12
    Original poster 247 posts

There is another good post about this issue https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/lbsmi8/there_are_now_9_armor_sets_in_the/

And the video elaborating on that

Really hope it will get a lot of attention and something will happen about this. Best case will of course be a big rework of loot system in Valhalla and introducing much more armors and weapons into the base game, but thats probably not happening. So at least if it gets a lot of attention next AC could be great again.

• cawatrooper9
    38 posts

@leoraptor1979 I realize that patches will always improve a game's experience.

I also realize that any studio that released a game during the COVID-19 pandemic accomplished a Herculean feat, and obviously we need to consider things with a little leeway this year.

And I also realize that no matter how much troubleshooting is done, a game will always have bugs on release.

But I still really don't think it's too much to ask to expect something to be launched in a relative state of polish.

• MrLee95
    3 posts

Can't say more than whats already been said.

I really liked Valhalla, 200+ hours into it. Even put up with all the bugs and disconnects.
    Paid $100 for a game and to see how much stuff goes into the microtransactions store is really disappointing.
    Again the way Ubisoft treats its customers, SUCKS.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@leoraptor1979

I dont understand your reasoning. You expect ppl to pay top dollar only to beta test a game and then you ask them to shut up??
    Not sure what world you live in

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

etc...

• hinaai1986
    1 posts

This post must be pinned.

• martygod12

In Odyssey or Origins it wasnt such a great problem, sure there was also a lot of store items, but you also had great customization options already in the base game, especially in Odyssey. There were like 50+ different looking armors and weapons (lot of them also in multiple color variations!!) , a great number of cool legendary items as a rewards for doing side content or exploring etc. so if you didnt want to buy stuff from store you didnt had to you had plenty of options in the game already.

But what you got in Valhalla instead? 9 stupid gear sets, most of them look almost the same and most obtainable only by looting a chest (the most simple, stupid and boring way to get gear in my opinion). There is no transmog so whats the point of having the gear change apperance when you upgrade it if you cant revert to the previous look and you cant choose the look, seriously how is this not in the game from the beggining??? Fenyx has it since day 1 so why it is not here? All armors looks like [censored] on mythical level, all gold and shiny and fantasy like its soo immersion breaking.

The gear distribution in the game is terrible, worst I have ever seen in a game maybe, most gear you get is by going to the dot on the map and looting chest, but you wont get anything for doing the challenging and time consuming stuff like killing bosses and elites, doing mysteries and side activities, killing zealots and order members etc. Why ?? Who the hell thought this is a good idea? This would maybe work in linear games based on combat like Sekiro etc. but in a open world game where the main purpose (aside from the story) is exploring, and exploring without rewards is not exploring, its i dont even know what it is, nothing much at all actually, just boring nothing.

Stupid desing choices ... why we dont have 1H swords like [censored]??? A signature viking weapon and its not in the game really?? Whats with that stupid and ugly face masks some sets have? Some covid-19 easter egg or what, what is the purpose why it is in the game?? There is ton of [censored] like this which doesnt make any sense.

At this point really I think it was all done on purpose and its a well thought scam on the players ,we dont give you gear variety and customization, so we can milk you with microtransactions and sell you an armor pack for 20e 😄 I dont mind having some mts with cosmetic stuff like mounts, gear etc. but not this way not when there is more content in the store than in the actuall game! I have never seen this before, its scamming the players on the whole new level. At the point where it should be illegal actually.

And dont even get me started on the visuals of the sets from the store they are sooo out of place. Its like this: Players - "we want more historically accurate armors and weapons in the game, there is not enough of them, give us something like NPCs wear," Ubisoft - "There you go you can run around looking like Sauron or some glowing devil straigt out of World of Warcraft or Diablo". Like seriously Ubisoft are you making fun of people or are you acutally serious????

They really went too far this time and I really hope gamers and community wont just let it slide this time and something will finally change.

• xtracker85
    46 posts

I honestly thought Ubisoft had learned from their mistakes with Ghost Recon Breakpoint, but it's pretty clear they don't care and are regressing back to their old ways. Seeing all this, it makes me fear for future Star Wars games now under Ubisoft. I can already foresee different Lightsaber colors beings locked behind their store. Ugh.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@martygod12 You get Thor's Armour for killing bosses. Not that it's worth the hassle.

• Shahany
    6 posts

Microtransaction are a lame and dishonest way to milk gamers wallets by creating high quality content but only for the store.
    The side effect of it is, devs create crapppppy content to motivate or influence gamers to get their wallets out

• Shahany
    6 posts

@xtracker85 Most gaming companies are like greedy children you slap them on the hand they stay quiet and then they're at it again. When it comes to micro transactions we are at fault here. If all players would stop supporting such crappppppppppppy behavior micro transaction would go away.

• TORFINR
    371 posts

I'm not against having a lot of armors/weapons in the shop if we had also a lot of features/activities in the game beyond the main story. But we have nothing. Nothing.
    It's almost... insulting.

• martygod12

@kreutzgang Yeah I wasnt sure see I never made it that far, and thats coming from huge AC fan who spend 200+ hours in both Origins and Odyssey, in Valhalla I made it to only 40 until I got completely sick of the game.

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

• martygod12

@b00msie Looks like Zuazzer really poked the hornets nest with his post, and its good its good that it is getting attention, it needs to be adressed and no longer tolerated, as I said I am fine with some mtx cosmetics in games if the game offers you enough variety and customization options already in the base game, but not like this.

Lets see if anything is going to change.

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

@shahany Your completely wrong about micro transaction are going no where. It doesn't matter how much all you cry like children about it there going no WHERE.

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

You all don't understand for Ubisoft to keep supporting this game for a year they have to make money some how. With micro transaction they can keep supporting the game. The price of the game isn't enough to keep it supported for a year. No one will work for free, $60+ isn't enough to pay all employees for a year.

• Kormac67
    734 posts

@leoraptor1979 Um - what are the DLCs for? Why did we pay for gold and ultimate editions? That should do. An support for one year? One year is called "warranty" for other products. And one year won't even be enough to iron out the worst of the bugs.
    Oh, and what support in the first place? Useless answerbot "community managers" ("can you showcase a vide about the problem?"), not enough updates fixing not enough bugs, and often enough the updates don't even fix what they promised. The useless store is the only ongoing thing (and even that is broken often enough).
    I couldn't care less about MTX anyway. It's not like they are offering anything needed or even useful. You can play and look just fine with the ingame stuff. Sitting on opals and keep thinking "meh, useless" at Reda. Really wondering who keeps pumping money into the Helix store.
    For me the dealbreaker is the PC framerate problem. If they don't get this fixed and back to pre 1.10 the upcoming content will be all useless. I didn't stumble into story hangers like so many others, but there are some fundamental problems in their story engine when each event can find a way to break in this game. You shouldn't believe they made any games of this type before.

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts

I'm seeing the same issues. The coolest/best armor shouldn't be only available through microtransactions. Don't start throwing around how "they need the money from it to keep things running/keeps cost of games down. These companies make billions of dollars off of ununinized overworked laybor. It's disgusting. The cost of video games has gone up! Most games are $60 at launch with a $30 season pass. If you don't buy the season pass you don't get all of the game. This means games cost $90+. You get the illusion that the prices have never gone up! Hell the yuletide event rewards were abysmal. A recolor of already existing armor?!? The reward should have been the helix store exclusive ice armor/settlement/boat set. They gave us garbage and literally released something actually amazing that costs additional money. Why aren't these amazing sets rewards for "live service events"?(which i hate anyway). Or included in the season pass? Or even included in the base game? I know the answer. It's greed. Sidenote: ubisoft also stopped selling complete editions on disk. Because eventually they'd stop making money from new sales. Buy a game used or 2 years from now new and you still have to buy the season pass anyway. Gone are the days of buying a complete edition for much less money later then it costs at launch. They have figured out every scummy way to nickle and dime us while pretending they care about their consumer base.

Suggested Topics