Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • kreutzgang
    603 posts

@martygod12 You get Thor's Armour for killing bosses. Not that it's worth the hassle.

• Shahany
    6 posts

Microtransaction are a lame and dishonest way to milk gamers wallets by creating high quality content but only for the store.
    The side effect of it is, devs create crapppppy content to motivate or influence gamers to get their wallets out

• Shahany
    6 posts

@xtracker85 Most gaming companies are like greedy children you slap them on the hand they stay quiet and then they're at it again. When it comes to micro transactions we are at fault here. If all players would stop supporting such crappppppppppppy behavior micro transaction would go away.

• TORFINR
    321 posts

I'm not against having a lot of armors/weapons in the shop if we had also a lot of features/activities in the game beyond the main story. But we have nothing. Nothing.
    It's almost... insulting.

• martygod12
    Original poster 237 posts

@kreutzgang Yeah I wasnt sure see I never made it that far, and thats coming from huge AC fan who spend 200+ hours in both Origins and Odyssey, in Valhalla I made it to only 40 until I got completely sick of the game.

• B00MSIE
    269 posts

• martygod12
    Original poster 237 posts

@b00msie Looks like Zuazzer really poked the hornets nest with his post, and its good its good that it is getting attention, it needs to be adressed and no longer tolerated, as I said I am fine with some mtx cosmetics in games if the game offers you enough variety and customization options already in the base game, but not like this.

Lets see if anything is going to change.

• LeoRaptor1979
    96 posts

@shahany Your completely wrong about micro transaction are going no where. It doesn't matter how much all you cry like children about it there going no WHERE.

• LeoRaptor1979
    96 posts

You all don't understand for Ubisoft to keep supporting this game for a year they have to make money some how. With micro transaction they can keep supporting the game. The price of the game isn't enough to keep it supported for a year. No one will work for free, $60+ isn't enough to pay all employees for a year.

• Kormac67
    508 posts

@leoraptor1979 Um - what are the DLCs for? Why did we pay for gold and ultimate editions? That should do. An support for one year? One year is called "warranty" for other products. And one year won't even be enough to iron out the worst of the bugs.
    Oh, and what support in the first place? Useless answerbot "community managers" ("can you showcase a vide about the problem?"), not enough updates fixing not enough bugs, and often enough the updates don't even fix what they promised. The useless store is the only ongoing thing (and even that is broken often enough).
    I couldn't care less about MTX anyway. It's not like they are offering anything needed or even useful. You can play and look just fine with the ingame stuff. Sitting on opals and keep thinking "meh, useless" at Reda. Really wondering who keeps pumping money into the Helix store.
    For me the dealbreaker is the PC framerate problem. If they don't get this fixed and back to pre 1.10 the upcoming content will be all useless. I didn't stumble into story hangers like so many others, but there are some fundamental problems in their story engine when each event can find a way to break in this game. You shouldn't believe they made any games of this type before.

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts

I'm seeing the same issues. The coolest/best armor shouldn't be only available through microtransactions. Don't start throwing around how "they need the money from it to keep things running/keeps cost of games down. These companies make billions of dollars off of ununinized overworked laybor. It's disgusting. The cost of video games has gone up! Most games are $60 at launch with a $30 season pass. If you don't buy the season pass you don't get all of the game. This means games cost $90+. You get the illusion that the prices have never gone up! Hell the yuletide event rewards were abysmal. A recolor of already existing armor?!? The reward should have been the helix store exclusive ice armor/settlement/boat set. They gave us garbage and literally released something actually amazing that costs additional money. Why aren't these amazing sets rewards for "live service events"?(which i hate anyway). Or included in the season pass? Or even included in the base game? I know the answer. It's greed. Sidenote: ubisoft also stopped selling complete editions on disk. Because eventually they'd stop making money from new sales. Buy a game used or 2 years from now new and you still have to buy the season pass anyway. Gone are the days of buying a complete edition for much less money later then it costs at launch. They have figured out every scummy way to nickle and dime us while pretending they care about their consumer base.

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts

The new abilities they accidentally released early screwed me over. I unlocked them all and when they patched them back put i lost all the skill points i invested. They kept telling me to send them a screenshot. I kept telling them i couldn't because what im missing dosen't exsist anymore. When i finally sent a screenshot after a week of dealing with [censored] i was told it wasn't there department! Im like ahhhh this is an extremely messed up bug!!! [censored]

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@weirdlybearded

thats a bunch of [censored].

Also where is all the content then for us to enjoy.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@LeoRaptor1979 What a load of crap! Dude that's the sorriest excuse for a company price gouging that I've ever heard! Name one game...please just one that Ubisoft has lost money on! Last year they made 650 million on microtransactions alone.They're quarterly sales are always bragging of profit! Calling us "cry babies" because we're fed up with a company that builds a game around a pay store shows me your quite uneducated at this companys profit margin and should do us all a favor and shut the hell up when you don't even know what your talking about.Your trying to build a concrete wall on a paper foundation with that lame argument pally. for your information 60 dollars for a game was over priced in 2010 and is STILL over priced today, hardly a good excuse for gaming companies to increase their prices again/

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

the only scenario where i wouldnt mind the helix store if they would literally shower us with endgame content.
    Actually designed a game with end content... and kept adding and expanding that endcontent ervy single month.

Now thats what i call a live service1

Instead we barely get any new content, no communication either from their end and just a few bug fixes every so often.
    Now take a look at Diablo3, its a game that gets continued support to date, new season with new content every 3months, yet it doesnt have any MTXs

• WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • WeirdlyBearded
    22 posts

@asgardian02
    My response is the second paragraph. I tried to quote the person who wrote the first paragraph and messed it up.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@Asgardian02 Exactly right Ubisoft has always put profit before content which is why there games are always a hair above mediocre, punch out a game every year instead of building a masterpiece over time, RDR2 took near ten years of planning and execution, The Witcher 3 took a number of years, Diablo 3, God of war all masterpieces in their own right because they took their time to give gamers something special, Assassins Creed has become nothing but a cash cow for Ubisoft, punch out a game every year profit, profit, profit

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics