Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 11 Likes/78 Replies/639 Views
    martygod12
    Original poster 237 posts

https://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-microtransactions-prioritized-free-dlc-ubisoft/

I wont say much more that already was said. There is the same and will be more gear in the store for more money than in actuall game !!

There is almost none DLC or post launch content so far except for armor sets FOR MORE MONEY in the store. Compared to Odyssey its ridiculous!

Ubisoft was always milking their games with microtransactions, but I cant remember when I saw such a massive greed in any of their games recently. Its at the point that I think that with every new armor set in the helix store they are mocking the players. Evidently they didnt put a lot of armors and weapons into the base game on purpose so they can milk the players for all their money out of desperation, I can see players are desperate for some new weapons and armors because there ARE ALMOST [censored] NONE IN THE GAME. This is such a deceitful behaviour, I am so sad about how this game turned out.

Thoughts?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@martygod12 this is exactly why ac valhalla is the last AC game i buy 😞 they need to address this, but they are going silences with this stuff.. we need to make a twitter trend or somewhere that we can be listened, i believe ubisoft need a collective lawsuit from customers, becuase maybe not all players are underage, but imagine a parent that help his son/daughter, buy stuff from them, their payment data usually is saved in the console, so the kids even without the consent of their parents, they can still buy stuff and get their parents in trouble, this kind of actions that ubisoft is promoting with microtransaction is dangerous seriously

• KnightofTara
    13 posts

@martygod12 I am going to try limit my negativity about this game but I certainly have problems with how the lifespan of AC: Valhalla has panned out so far.

1. This is not a bad game by any means. I have enjoyed this game a lot. I have logged 199 hours, 46 mins and 37 seconds on my save file. I enjoyed the story (wish I could finish it) and it was a wonderful adventure through Early Medieval England.

2. However, there is very little innovation here. Hell, it feels like AC has gone backward. There are zero lessons learned from Odyssey and zero input from that game. It is like it never existed and this plays directly into my criticism of the loot system in this game. Even lessons from Origins, the last game Ubisoft Montreal developed seem to have been forgotten. But more so Odyssey. It is almost like Ubi Mont was resentful of Odyssey.

3. Despite my earlier praise, AC Valhalla is a bug filled disaster. The Mari Lwyd cloak bug was maddening and I still cannot finish the story because of the Father Bug. What happened to play testing? How were these really awful bugs not caught in beta?

4. And the loot system is completely gone. Now all the gear is at predetermined locations and there is little surprise or satisfaction, unlike Odyssey which had tons of interesting loot and Origins, which also had a nice loot system that Odyssey built on. In Valhalla, all that innovation was just ripped out.

5. And not a lot of the gear in the game is that good and the gear I want to wear is gatelocked for no apparent reason. Like the Native American outfit and weapons. They look cool as hell and I would love to use them in England but I cannot do that. It is restricted to Vinland for no good reason. Why?!

6. And the best gear in the game is not in the game. It is in the Ubisoft Store locked behind microtransactions. See, this did not bother me as I could get really good and cool gear in Odyssey and Origins. But now they keep coming out with new paywall locked sets while, nearly two months after the Yule Update (another buggy ill-conceived mess), there are no new substantial activities in the game and zero replayability. No permanent free content, no expansions (and none due until late March/early April).

7. England is just a large and empty world now. I cannot even do a NewGame+ even though they should have known we would want NG+. How could they not? Both of the previous games had high demand for it and Immortals: Fenyx Rising (a game that did take lessons from Odyssey and is all the better for it) released with NG+. How was this not apparent to the developers?

8. All done with that. Overall, AC Valhalla is a good game but stagnant installment to the franchise that has done nothing but shoot itself in the foot. Instead of another step forward, it is one and a half steps back. Now, I just want to see Ireland. Please be better.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@martygod12

i didnt like valhalla muc, sure i finished everything but at its base its super repetitive, keys for a chest, blocked wall here blocked door here, this over and over.
    More puzzles with world events, enemies that dont drop loot, no end game, no new content has been given for ages, no communication either about upcoming content.

If next few season are similar to the yule event with just a reskin of armor ill pass.

I am mostly glad i didnt buy the season pass yet. Next time if a game release ill wait a year orso before considering to get. Let them work out all the bugs 1st and release the entire game.

• xtracker85
    46 posts

I agree with everyone here. I unfortunately got the season pass and sorely regretting it. Odyssey was great, and that's what led me to believe this game would be of the same quality, or better. Boy, was I wrong. It's been months already since the game released and it's still riddled with bugs, poor performance, no QOL features, hardly any new content. It seems like all the focus is on pumping out more and more MTXs each month. At this point, what good is my season pass anyway? I feel like a complete fool.

Suffice to say, this game has left a sour taste in my mouth. Doubt I'll buy another Ubisoft game again.

• B00MSIE
    315 posts

I agree that the micros transactions are ridiculous. Ubisoft promised no boosters and still added them after launch, why is the whole internet not in rage about that??? The prices of the armors, still not storming the Ubisoft headquarters??? More armors in the store then in the game, why aren't we lynching some Ubisoft managers??? But all fun aside, most people paid 120 euros for this game, it should just be a complete game for that price, without any iaps...

About the other comments in this thread. In my opinion the fighting system in Odyssey was one of the worst games in the AC franchise. It was becoming a sort of hack and slash Diablo clone. The amount of armor was also ridiculous. I prefer the better thought through armor in Valhalla, but is useless, because you do not really need it. What I liked in Odyssey is that the world felt more alive. In Valhalla a lot of times, the NPC's are standing still and looking in the sky. At night nobody sleeps, they are just standing in the fields. Soldiers are always in the same positions and do not feel real at all.

Valhalla is a great game (If you see through the many bugs). I really like that you get fall damage, the raven is not a wizard like see it all, an assassin kill is a one hit assassin kill, less grinding, they tried to make the story better. Valhalla lets you experience the game more, unlike Odyssey, that felt like a rush through, sometimes more like work then fun.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    91 posts

Agree all.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@b00msie

lol are you for real, better thought through armor in valhalla? In valhalal they just slapped the same perks on everything...

• B00MSIE
    315 posts

@Asgardian02

I was mostly talking about the fact, the armors could be upgraded and you don't had to change them after every level upgrade. The fact you don't have to change them at all, I don't like.

• LeoRaptor1979
    98 posts

There is nothing wrong with micro transaction. No one is forcing anyone to buy them. People need to stop saying it is a bad thing to have it.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@leoraptor1979

your missing the point.

In this game and other ubisoft games the entire game itself is build around the helix store in order to trigger us to spend more.
    Thats the problem at hand.

• BruceHillRacing
    37 posts

@leoraptor1979

Microtransactions - Everything is wrong with them, you spend £90 on a game plus season pass then all the nice stuff gets added to a store that requires more money to be spent, and is usually better than what is available in game.

I've always been on the "dont buy them" bandwagon, but its getting ridiculous now. The cost is mind boggling as well, the sooner it is deemed illegal the better. Then we can get back to games being finished, polished and ready to go from day 1. Not 3 months down the line, full of bugs but a store crammed to the hilt with updated goodies on a weekly basis.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@LeoRaptor1979 people need to stop saying they are a bad thing to have? Well please help us out then WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT THEM? Whats good about disgustingly high priced mtx that rob from the game to bolster sales?Because I see nothing good for the consumer...only Ubisoft.Not only do we need to continue saying mtx are a bad thing to have but a lot more people should say it and practice NOT buying them.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

ppl should also stop buying collectors editions or ultimate editions, which in truth is just a standard version inbedded with MTXs yet most here did get those..

get just the bare bones game next time.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@Asgardian02 guilty! I bought the ultimate edition...but in our defense or maybe just mine, I thought it was going to at least be as good as Odyssey, but I won't rush to that judgement again!

• cawatrooper9
    38 posts

@leoraptor1979 I used to feel the same way, and still do to some extent. If the content doesn't give the player a distinct advantage and is purely cosmetic, then what's the harm?

However, I struggle to find a way to view it that still isn't inherently anti-consumer. Even if you consider that microtransactions like this help keep the price of AAA games down (and to be fair, they're due for a price hike anyway) then you still have to assume that the "whales" are basically subsidizing the game for the rest of us.

I think this is gonna be pretty subjective for most people, regarding where the particular line is drawn. But to me, I think it's particularly frustrating because such a large amount of content is now behind a paywall compared to what's even in the base game- it feels a little less supplemental when the ratios are that terribly off. Like, I wouldn't mind if there were some wacky armor sets that were paid DLC, but at this point it would cost a small fortune to get everything- and while that personally isn't a huge problem for me, I've been around these forums long enough to see people who are really bothered by the inability to feasibly have the "complete" experience of a game, and who's to blame them?

• B00MSIE
    315 posts

@duskdragon56496

I am also guilty of buying the ultimate edition, because of the promises Ubisoft made about the helix store (Which they broke within a month after release) and I was expecting a finished game. Next time will wait a year and buy it for 10 euro or after reading about even more iaps, not at all.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

havent you read any games news past odyssey launch? Even though Odyssey is better then Valhalla is had many problems as well.

I mean Anthem was dead in the water upon arrival. Wolcen same story and more games.
    After Anthem i i told myself to never pre-order. Then i got Wolcen upon release which was a huge mistake.

So basically dont pre-order and never purchase a game right after release again.

• martygod12
    Original poster 237 posts

@leoraptor1979 Normally I would maybe agree with you kinda. If it is a single player game and its mostly cosmetics sure no one is forcing you to buy them, BUT there is a huge BUT why its bad in Valhalla.

It is because in every other Ubisoft games sure there are in game stores offering gear/weapons other cosmetics for money, BUT other ubisoft games usually has big customization and gear variety options already in their base games, so you really dont need to buy them if you dont want to since you have a lot of options already in the game. But in Valhalla there is almost no options, no gear variety no customization nothing and if you want at least some new gear you need to pay for it omg that is such a deceitfull and disgusting behaviour towards players.

With Valhalla the Ubi greed is at the max level it ever was, and each new armor set in the store for more money is a huge spit into the faces of all players, who just want some variety AND BASIC RPG ELEMENTS EVERY OPEN WORLD RPG SHOULD HAVE!

If this game doesnt go through big loot system rework I am not playing it again and if the next AC game is even remotely similar to Valhalla I will never touch it also, its sad really cause I love AC games and Origins and Odyssey were great, but I hate in which direction the series went with Valhalla and really hope new AC will go back to Odyssey, Origins style.

• LeoRaptor1979
    98 posts

People need to stop saying that the game needs to be polished when released. Sorry to bust all your bubbles but a game will never be polished and finished upon release. If they waited until the game was polished and finished before releasing it then games would never be released. There is not a single game released that was polished and finished when released.

There is nothing wrong with micro transactions, people need to stop acting like cry baby's about it.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics