Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@the-foxhounded

The sweetspot with microtransactions and opals would surely be a way to buy the items you want directly with opals. But this would be too customer friendly. They need to give us the chance to maybe at some time get a 5 gear set bonus. But i think they build the Reda algorithm in a way that this just won't ever happen. Maybe in 2 or 3 years if you look at his sop every day, you will have a whole 5 gear set.

There is a whole team and people behind those microtransactions. They clearly know what they are doing and those people have nothing to do with gaming. They give us small carrots to force us into buying stuff with real money. This doesn't work with me or many of you guys but it is enough when it works for just 2 out of 10 people.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

NG+

should bring extra dificulty settings in an ideal world.

More options to build on the skill tree and a far better mastery system
    It should also allow for more gear custimisation.

but yeah, i doubt any of that will happen.

• s0n0fthecreed
    Original poster 5 posts

I read somewhere that Darby McDevitt tweeted that there would be NG+. But I can't for the life of me find where he said that.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@s0n0fthecreed

It surely will come at some point. They need their small features for every month for the "long" support. NG+ should already be in the game but i think it will come after one of the story DLC.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

From this interview with the live content guy i think it will take several more MONTHS until NG+ comes out. Strangely they really are held back to release NG+ for Valhalla because of the time-limited events. It isnt enough that those events give us nothing and just break the game with more bugs...they also dont know how to release NG+ because people will miss those events, so those events also are the reason for some features that take longer to develop. Many people already missed those events and dont care. This should be no problem for the implementation of NG+.

Those time-limited events shouldnt be a thing for Valhalla in the first place. Nobody cared about thouse events and i prefer the settlement in its vanilla state with people working at their places instead of having a party 24/7 during those events. I am really looking forward when the Ostara event finally ends...

Just make NG+ with a harder difficulty, optional level scaling and improved armor to find. This is it! There is no need to care a single second about those events because this thought process should have happened before they decided doing those events in the first place. NG+ should be there from day 1 and those events should be secondary...

• afewscarsmore
    83 posts

@yesin069 super strange
    we have nothing to do at the end of the game, no rewards, no loot, no random raids, no contracts, but we should care about some pointless festivals with useless stuff.

seems its easier just to copypaste another festival with fist-fighting and arrow-challenges rather then to do new another upgrades for armors and weapons, which harder to do for free

nowhere to use thors hammer of odins spear, but buy another one fantasy helix pack

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@afewscarsmore

This is why is wish for NG+ pretty fast. I just use all the gear i got dirst and never changed it because some gear you can just get at the very end of the game when all is done. I really would like to play just the story with the gear i want from the start, without making any of those annoying collectibles or clearing all areas.

Sadly i think they have so little content in their hands for valhalla that they will held back NG+ as the big last feature for this game, so i wouldnt expect it before august or september. october or november will then bring the Discovery Tour.

When you look at how long it took them to implement a simple feature like transmog my hopes are very low that we will get ng+ anytime soon. From this interview i claerly hear that they just started thinking how they will implement ng+. At their current pace this will take another 4 months to be ready and even than will be buggy.

• Kormac67
    821 posts

@yesin069 This all sounds totally clueless.
    We know when the DLCs launch and can decide if we want to launch a NG+ before or rather do the DLC first.
    The Norway arc would be pretty quick on NG+ (like the Kephalonia arc in Odyssey probably) and then we would be at the settlement anyway. We could even do daily Reda quests from a manual save.
    All just excuses.
    Yes, the game is pretty long, but after it's played through it's dead without NG+.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kormac67

This is just some useless PR-talk. I am pretty sure that NG+ is planned and even ready to launch after some tests. They just need some stuff to release later because of the too long roadmap. In reality you can count the stuff we are getting with one hand and it would have fitted well into a 4 month roadmap and every early buyer would be happy.

NG+ should be an essential feature for every game like Valhalla. Even games like Tomb Raider and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order got it and they really are talking about the need of such mode in Valhalla? I often lost track of the story because i wanted to clear every area which took hours. Also we never get any chance of wearing the endgame armor properly.

They should just release NG+ instead of events or game modes. The people are more happy about standard features in Valhalla instead of those events and game modes. I dont know what this guy thinks but how the hell can he think that Valhalla is already long enough to excuse that NG+ is still missing and maybe never come? I finished this game 100% and want to focus just on the story now with the armor i like. Why is it such a problem to have such a mode from day 1? Just let the gear in our inventory and also the power level and skills and when they are too lazy (which they are) they can let the gear chests empty. This is what Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order did. You cant loot unique stuff in nG+ that you already got before, so the chests where opened and empty.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@yesin069 after paris dlc, more likely ng+ will come

• Kruisigen
    3 posts

Didn't someone from the team confirm, that when NG+ be released that there will be more fun and events in it, then just NM.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kruisigen

There is no news in that direction whatsoever...

The only info we have is that they just started thinking how to implement it, so they arent actually started working on it...they even could decide not to implement it at all.

Dont expect it sooner than in around 4 months. The best decision would be to put the game away and forget it until the end of the year and then start playing it. Maybe at that point this game will be finished and reach version 1.0 as we are still in a beta phase it seems.

After they said they are already working on transmog it took them more than 2 months after that post to finally release it. So if they didnt even start actual developement on NG+ this will take a pretty long time to come out...

I also wouldn expect anything groundbreaking in this mode. Expect just a barebones NG+ mode to not get disappointed. Never ever in the world will Ubisoft give us new armor or coloured variants of existing armor in NG+ because they need to sell those in the MTX shop.

• AndrewAtwill
    17 posts

While this topic is old, they have brought in level scaling which was often associated with new game+

Personally, even an option to simply create a new game from scratch I would be satisfied with. I can see the disadvantages of new game+ with festivals and events that require a minimum level. On the flip side, at least having the option to simply play the game from the beginning again because the story was pretty decent while keeping your progress, disadvantages nobody.
    That's my take on it anyway, in summary, simply an option to have the ability to start a new game without losing the existing one I'd be content with.

• TheNorfolkian
    608 posts

@andrewatwill Level scaling has definitely made the game a bit more worth-while as far as difficulty goes, but the point of NG+ is to start out at the beginning with all your gear, abilities, skills maxed out from your previous game.

• AndrewAtwill
    17 posts

@thenorfolkian Yes I get that - Like Witcher 3 - The only thing is that while I understand with festivals and requirement points / progression to do some special events is a hiccup some say, I also like the idea of playing the game as a different save from scratch should I choose to without losing my progression so far 🙂 - I do not mean going back to an earlier save either - an entirely new start.

• TheNorfolkian
    608 posts

@andrewatwill Ah, yes... Witcher 3 NG+ on Death March... that was quite the treat. I doubt Ubisoft will ever come close to making something as good as that.

Suggested Topics