Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• s0n0fthecreed
    Original poster 5 posts

Has anyone heard anything about a new game plus mode for Valhalla? Both Origins and Odyssey had one and I personally feel Valhalla really needs one. Has anyone heard anything at all?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LeoRaptor1979
    99 posts

At this point they aren't planning one. They have said they might not even do one for this game.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

There is no point for a NG+

just think for a minute what would even be the sense in doing NG seeing how the game is setup etc

• HardMathematics
    7 posts

@asgardian02 So I can play as Female Eivor now. That is the reason I want it. Plus have all my inventory, and play on hardest difficulty from the beginning.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hardmathematics
    even when you play as female eivor the story is still basically the same.

I still dont understand why you want to do it though. All those lame puzzles again, all those raids again, which serve no prupose as your settlement is already maxed out.
    Meaning opening all coffers to get the raid completed will be for nothing. Mastery lvls are useless and offer barely nothing .

• drzombie13
    2 posts

@leoraptor1979 Where did they say this?

• Max18400
    410 posts

@hardmathematics you can change your gender at any time in the game. How Vahalla is set up wouldn't really suit a a new game plus unfortunately. Because they removed the loot grind and all replayable features, there's no real motive to do it. If you want to replay the story, just start a new save

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@s0n0fthecreed i dont think there would be ng+... this game was made by lazy people.. with the excuse of the pandemic they think they can get away with it

• Yesin069
    554 posts

I would like having replayable missions and NG+. A lot of people don't do everything on the first playthrough and want to experience it again with all the skills and armour. It would be even better if they add some exclusive gear and enemies in NG+ with harder difficulty.

If you don't want to play it, than don't do it but most games (in this genre) these days come with some kind of NG+. It is beyond me why the hell Ubisoft didn't has NG+ for Valhalla at launch but they need so sell us with their "free content" (even if it was patched into Odyssey and wouldn't need much changes in Valhalla).

@LeoRaptor1979

Yes, where did you have this information from? I heard no single word from Ubisoft regarding NG+ but it is pretty obvious that it will be added at some point because many people want it and Ubisoft can't add much more to the game.

At this point we should know how Ubisoft makes their content roadmaps: Always Microtransactions (pretty early some unicorn and fire-hell-type-gear), Transmog, NG+, two story DLC's, some mindless repeatable endgame content, level scaling option, worse performance than on launch, nerfed great skills and very fast fixes for exploits that should be open to use for anyone who wants to break his own experience.

This is the whole Ubisoft plan for every AC. It just gets longer for every game but the content stays the same. They just let us wait longer for the same content.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

its funny how you say most games in this genre have NG+ and you expect that to be there.

But most games in this genre also have much more replay value and a much better gear system, which i expected to be in place.
    yet thats a feature you dont like and are happy its not here.

Pretty strange then that you look at similar games and expect stuff to be there.

• TORFINR
    375 posts

But the NG+ is mandatory, guys!
    I want to redo all those awesome mysteries, search again all the keys for .... mmmm, no in fact I dont want to.

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts

@asgardian02
    Yeah? Well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man 🙂
    I don't think Valhalla anyhow fundamentally worse than other games in any way. Not dramatically at least.

Regarding question - why do you need new game +
    Help me to solve this dilemma: how can I replay some of the story missions (castle sieges in particular) with all my collected geer and power level without so called "new game +" ?
    Sure I can start a regular new game on another slot and semple grind my way thru all over again, collect all the gear, weapon and abilities since I remember where they lies... but that's a bit too much work for being able replay some (or whole) of the story arc missions, don't you think?
    Anyway right now that the only option available in Valhalla.
    Not surprising that not everyone happy about it.

On the other option for example, in previous Assassin's Creed games (1+) we could simply make a pick and replay any of the missions any time from the animus menu (remember those dna-chains).
    That would be nice fitchure to bring back, hah?

Or something brand new, some other method that could help solve this "riddle" of replayability.
    Something except of what we have right now...

• s0n0fthecreed
    Original poster 5 posts

@asgardian02 I just want to be able to play through the story again without having to unlock all my skills, schematics and gear again. I also remember having to take a break from the story to grind like hell because the missions required way higher power level than I was at.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@s0n0fthecreed in valhalla , grind?????
    Valhalla is easy, you can kill every enemy withouth challenge and difficult, what grind did you has to do?

Ng+ in a story driven game like this is totally useless, you know all the story, all the location of weapon what are the meaning?
    Is not a game where you can change something, or play in a different style or build, ng+ has no reason.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

When games like Tomb Raider have NG+ modes, why shouldn't Valhalla? At least in Valhalla there are some smaller decisions that change some cutscenes. I would like to at least play the game once in NG+ with all the armor and make different decisions.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

some ppl are dying to do all the puzzles again 🐷

There isnt much of a story indeed, just forming alliances.

• s0n0fthecreed
    Original poster 5 posts

@xx-artorias-xx I suppose I see your point. But I still want to start with all my stuff

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

How about this... NG+ can reward you with Opals instead of gear you already acquired the previous playthrough. Oh wait... then people wouldn't be forced to only buy 2-3 items tops each week and Ubisoft couldn't rip people off by locking more content behind microtransactions than what you can get in the base game.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@the-foxhounded

I would prefer it to get no opals at all as rewards. The microtransactions should be seperated as far as possible from the main game. Those weekly challenges should give us other stuff, instead of pushing their microtransaction agenda. Every single new content we got in Valhalla plays into microtransactions. Those newly added Ubisoft Connect challenges are just there to give us some Opals to try and collect a 5 gear set (which will never happen). In the end more people will buy the missing gear pieces instead of waiting to get them from Reda with Opals. This is the tactic behind those Opals.

In NG+ i would like new and improved versions of the same gear. Better wouldbe a simply dye-system, so we cann customize our armor as we like but Ubisoft won't do that. When they would give us a dye-system they can't sell us the same gear with different colours as a new one. So i would take new variations of the same gear with maybe stronger abilities on them or more rune slots. Better than opals or nothing i think...

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

@yesin069

The inability to earn microtransactions would be a death sentence for the game. It's the only thing that justifies them being in the game in the first place.

What you suggested in regards to alternate colors should have been in the game at launch. The lack of content in this game is blatantly obvious when you go to Odyssey and Immortals Fenyx Rising.

What they should have done was make it so each item could be bought with Helix or Opals in the shop and can be bought at the player's discretion. The model that the items are being distributed is a form of manipulation. It pressures you into buying things because you don't know when it will come back around.

Then again this is the same company that can change an item in any way after you bought it and not refund you and get away with it because everyone is complicit with their actions.

Suggested Topics