Up this post. It's been a month and a half and two new updates, and I don't even see this problem in the issues list megathread. Someone who can confirm that this no longer happens?
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Keo 1159 posts
- Changing the HDMI cable and try another HDMI port in your TV
- Check the picture settings on your TV and maybe disable some of the options you may have enabled
- Try plugging the console into another TV to see if the issue persists
- Change the in game setting to Quality rather than Performance Mode or vice versa depending on which setting you have enabled
Can you also both answer the following:
- Have you also experienced this with any other games?
- Do you have the latest game update installed?
- What is the model and size of your TV?
@karen4964 Can you confirm if you also playing on Xbox Series X? And when did this issue start occurring?
@Ubi-Keo Thanks for your reply!
Ok, my response:
- Changing the HDMI cable and try another HDMI port in your TV --> I have tried different cables and in different ports. The result is the same
- Check the picture settings on your TV and maybe disable some of the options you may have enabled --> I tryed without HDR on XBOX and TV and the same thing happens
- Try plugging the console into another TV to see if the issue persists --> I don't have another TV :(... but, I tryed on my LG PC monitor (LG 29UM69G-B) and the same things happens. With other cables too.
- Change the in game setting to Quality rather than Performance Mode or vice versa depending on which setting you have enabled --> When I di dit, I restart the game and console, and the same thing happens.
Can you also both answer the following:
- Have you also experienced this with any other games? --> Yes, only one... Demo of Immortals Fenyx Rising https://imgur.com/WpuJLpK As you can see, the exact same thing happens. Other next gen games are OK, also old ones.
- Do you have the latest game update installed? --> Last versión of Valhalla (1.20) and last versión on my TV.
- What is the model and size of your TV? --> LG 55" UM7100PLB
Also, Xbox Series X is updated too, FYI.
I've been on this topic for two months and I haven't gotten any answers. Not even a "we're working on it, it's something we don't know"
I've been patient and collaborated with what I've been asked. The point is that I've a game that I can't play because it causes me a headache every time the game lights flash more than 5 min on screen. It's literally unplayable. I can't refund the game, I can't get my money back. I've all the Assassins Creed, I bought Far Cry 5, Watch Dogs Legion... I'm n Ubisoft hard supporter, I've never had a problem with you! However with this game it's impossible for me to play and I dont get answers on your part.
I'm seeing daily the moderator connected and saw how is answering, post indicator goes up, and I understand that he/she has many things to answer, however my problem is still not taken care of.
Please, I'd need some kind of answer on your part, even if it's "we're working on it." It's not much, but I could settle because it's been two months since I opened the incident and two weeks without getting any kind of response. I'm rethinking the image the company is giving me, and next time I'm going to think a lot about buying another one of your games.
Thank you in advance.
Ubisoft Support Staff ubi-smash 501 posts
@vatiman Hey there,
My apologies for our lateness in replying back here. I completely understand this situation to be unbearable to endure when playing. Please know that this has been shared with the game's team and they are currently looking over this further, they have asked if you have the Option "Depth of field" active and whether disabling it stops the flickering at all? Thank you for bearing with us during this time.
@ubikobold 2 months a no news about that... Two months and not even the problem is in the megathread. Two months you checked twice and the team were with the problem. I think I've been very patient, it's the only game I've problems with. I bought the game on day one and still can't play it.
I have lost all confidence I had in Ubisoft, you don't give me solutions, you dont mention me in the megathread, you dont update the problem or a simpy reminder. I'm completely disgusted with this.
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 2837 posts
Hello there @vatiman!
I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you're still encountering flickering on-screen whilst playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. I've checked in with the development team regarding your report, and they're still investigating this issue further. I understand that this may not be the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused.
Any future updates from the investigation will be shared in the News & Announcements forum, so I recommend that you check there regularly for the most up-to-date information.
Please note that the Megathread list is non-exhaustive, and does not contain all ongoing issues or threads. This does not mean that your issue isn't being actively investigated by the development team. If you have any questions or concerns about the investigation, or you would like an update regarding your issue, you are welcome to update this thread and reach out to us at any time. The player support team will do their best to respond to you as soon as they are able to.