Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Thank you so much for the new video, @vatiman! I've included this in your updated report for the development team to take a closer look at.

Once they get back to us, we'll reach out to you within this thread. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns 🙂

Official Response
  • vatiman
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you so much for your work!

I am looking forward to resolving this issue so that I can enjoy this game as it deserves (and purchase the season pass)

• CapnKel
    16 posts

I've read through this entire thread and have to say that this is one odd bug. The fact that vatiman continues to experience visual artifacting, even when their Xbox has been connected to several different televisions/monitors, points to it being a problem with either the game or the Xbox seeing as we can logically exclude the various displays tested. Based on the video provided by vatiman, I'd wager the problem is hardware rather than software (though I could be wrong). The only way to know for sure would be to hook up a completely different Xbox to your display and play Assassin's Creed Valhalla to see if it still happens. If it does, you'll know for certain its the game that is responsible and will be one step closer to figuring this out. If it doesn't happen, however, you'll know for certain this problem is due to your Xbox instead, most likely the GPU or HDMI port (a bad solder or component maybe). A bad cable is another possibility, though I believe you said you tried a different one?

In addition to hardware issues, note that overheating, particular of the GPU, can cause odd issues like this as well. Thus another possibility could be a poorly mounted cooling device, poorly functioning fan, or dust/hair blocking good air flow. All things worth considering. Different games stress the hardware to different levels, so the fact that flickering doesn't happen with other titles isn't a guarantee that Ubisoft is at fault. I suppose a firmware glitch could also cause issues, say an improperly installed update (you do allow your Xbox to update itself every month, right?). This tends to result in a bricked system more often than not, though, so it's probably not that. The fact that only two people have reported this over the past seven months is a clue as well; if the game was indeed at fault, then logically wouldn't a lot more people come here to complain about it? And karen4964 didn't post a video, so we don't actually know if their flickering is identical to what vatiman is experiencing.

Hopefully you know someone who's willing to bring their Xbox over to your home for testing. I'd be more than happy to lend you mine, but alas. Odds are we don't live anywhere near one another. Another alternative could be to rent an Xbox from somewhere, though I've noticed places that offer this service are starting to disappear which could make this option difficult. Whatever the case, I really hope you figure this out! That flickering would certainly drive me crazy before too long lol. 🙂

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1172 posts

Thanks for your insights on this, @capnkel - we really appreciate it!

Indeed, our troubleshooting article gives as one of the steps "Try another system," as we're aware it's a very powerful troubleshooting step for determining where issues lie. That said, we're aware it's not an easy thing to do, as most folks don't have a spare console lying around. If the opportunity presents itself, though, we'd definitely recommend it!

Official Response
  • vatiman
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-thrupney @CapnKel

Thank you all for the tips!

Finally, I decided to do a couple of the things mentioned above, in case it was any of all this:

- I bought a new HDMI 2.1 cable to test if it was a cable thing, but without any difference 😞

- I wanted to find the game for rent but due to COVID they no longer rent games in my city 😞

- Unfortunately, none of my friends have been able to get hold of an Xbox Series X so I couldn't try my game on another console 😞

Finally, I phoned Xbox support and did some checks, even factory reset, but to no avail, it still flickering and making me headache 😞

I decided to send my console to technical service to have it repaired and ... thank God I didn't!

On October 5th I got up and prepared my console for shipping. Just that day Ubisoft announced the biggest patch since the game's launch, patch 1.3.2. Yesterday I unpacked my Series X and plugged it in to test that new patch. I updated the game and ...

https://imgur.com/5RzI3rD

Magic! At last it seems that it has been fixed with this patch (and it was not a hardware thing) 😊

Thank you all for your patience and advice (Don't get any more patches, it already works for me and I want to play it 😂 )

All the best, good work!

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2422 posts

Hi @vatiman Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear that this issue was fixed with the release of the latest title update.

I hope you enjoy the game 🙂

@karen4964 Can you confirm if the issue is also resolved for you after installing the latest title update?

Official Response

Suggested Topics