Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

Hi everyone,

This weekend I already end AC Odyssey after 123 h. So I decided to take time to the AC Valhalla to continue my adventures. The intro was spectacular, no problems... However, when I go out into the open world everything turns terrible: the lightsstarts to flick badly, the sky turns green flickering all the time and the game menu ... well, Here you have a sample http://imgur.com/gallery/DsoEFPN

My TV is an LG 4K and I've not had these problems. I disabled HDR on console and TV but nothing happened. I hope this is fixed soon by a patch and I can continue the adventure.

Thanks in advance!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• karen4964
    12 posts

@vatiman Hi I have a Samsung smart TV and I have some flickering issues too on the world map and other areas. It didn’t start like that but is happening lately.

• vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@karen4964 Thanks for your reply! Even if it's sad, it's good to know that it doesn't just happen to me

• vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

Hello there!

Up this post. It's been a month and a half and two new updates, and I don't even see this problem in the issues list megathread. Someone who can confirm that this no longer happens?

Thanks!

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1436 posts

@vatiman @karen4964 Hi, apologies for the late response, this is not a known issue.

Could you both please try the following:

• Changing the HDMI cable and try another HDMI port in your TV
    • Check the picture settings on your TV and maybe disable some of the options you may have enabled
    • Try plugging the console into another TV to see if the issue persists
    • Change the in game setting to Quality rather than Performance Mode or vice versa depending on which setting you have enabled

Can you also both answer the following:

• Have you also experienced this with any other games?
    • Do you have the latest game update installed?
    • What is the model and size of your TV?

@karen4964 Can you confirm if you also playing on Xbox Series X? And when did this issue start occurring?

Official Response
  • vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@Ubi-Keo Thanks for your reply!

Ok, my response:

• Changing the HDMI cable and try another HDMI port in your TV --> I have tried different cables and in different ports. The result is the same
    • Check the picture settings on your TV and maybe disable some of the options you may have enabled --> I tryed without HDR on XBOX and TV and the same thing happens
    • Try plugging the console into another TV to see if the issue persists --> I don't have another TV :(... but, I tryed on my LG PC monitor (LG 29UM69G-B) and the same things happens. With other cables too.
    • Change the in game setting to Quality rather than Performance Mode or vice versa depending on which setting you have enabled --> When I di dit, I restart the game and console, and the same thing happens.

Can you also both answer the following:

• Have you also experienced this with any other games? --> Yes, only one... Demo of Immortals Fenyx Rising https://imgur.com/WpuJLpK As you can see, the exact same thing happens. Other next gen games are OK, also old ones.
    • Do you have the latest game update installed? --> Last versión of Valhalla (1.20) and last versión on my TV.
    • What is the model and size of your TV? --> LG 55" UM7100PLB

Also, Xbox Series X is updated too, FYI.

• vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubi-keo Hey! Anything new? It's very annoying this, especially in the snow area with reflections... It gives me a headache to play like this 😥

Thank you in advance!

• vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubi-keo Hi.

I've been on this topic for two months and I haven't gotten any answers. Not even a "we're working on it, it's something we don't know"

I've been patient and collaborated with what I've been asked. The point is that I've a game that I can't play because it causes me a headache every time the game lights flash more than 5 min on screen. It's literally unplayable. I can't refund the game, I can't get my money back. I've all the Assassins Creed, I bought Far Cry 5, Watch Dogs Legion... I'm n Ubisoft hard supporter, I've never had a problem with you! However with this game it's impossible for me to play and I dont get answers on your part.

I'm seeing daily the moderator connected and saw how is answering, post indicator goes up, and I understand that he/she has many things to answer, however my problem is still not taken care of.

Please, I'd need some kind of answer on your part, even if it's "we're working on it." It's not much, but I could settle because it's been two months since I opened the incident and two weeks without getting any kind of response. I'm rethinking the image the company is giving me, and next time I'm going to think a lot about buying another one of your games.

Thank you in advance.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 773 posts

@vatiman Hey there,

My apologies for our lateness in replying back here. I completely understand this situation to be unbearable to endure when playing. Please know that this has been shared with the game's team and they are currently looking over this further, they have asked if you have the Option "Depth of field" active and whether disabling it stops the flickering at all? Thank you for bearing with us during this time.

Official Response
  • vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubi-smash Hey! Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate that but... I'm not playing on PC, I don't have that "Depth on field" option...
    Any other suggestion?
    By the way, game is updated to the last version, same flickering problems 🙄🙄🙄

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 636 posts

@vatiman Thank you for updating us, and we are so sorry that this is persisting for you. As soon as we have more information from the Game team we will update you. Thanks for all of your patience as we work to resolve this as it is greatly appreciated!

Official Response
  • vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubikobold Thanks for your quick reply! I really appreciate your efforts. I will continue to wait for a solution to this so that I can play in optimal conditions. Any kind of update I would appreciate if you let me know. Thanks in advance!

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 636 posts

@vatiman We will certainly provide an update once we have more information! I just double checked and the Game team is still investigating. However, thanks so much for your continued patience and understanding!

Official Response
  • vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubikobold 2 months a no news about that... Two months and not even the problem is in the megathread. Two months you checked twice and the team were with the problem. I think I've been very patient, it's the only game I've problems with. I bought the game on day one and still can't play it.

I have lost all confidence I had in Ubisoft, you don't give me solutions, you dont mention me in the megathread, you dont update the problem or a simpy reminder. I'm completely disgusted with this.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3571 posts

Hello there @vatiman!

I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you're still encountering flickering on-screen whilst playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. I've checked in with the development team regarding your report, and they're still investigating this issue further. I understand that this may not be the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused.

Any future updates from the investigation will be shared in the News & Announcements forum, so I recommend that you check there regularly for the most up-to-date information.

Please note that the Megathread list is non-exhaustive, and does not contain all ongoing issues or threads. This does not mean that your issue isn't being actively investigated by the development team. If you have any questions or concerns about the investigation, or you would like an update regarding your issue, you are welcome to update this thread and reach out to us at any time. The player support team will do their best to respond to you as soon as they are able to.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubi-borealis

Two months have passed and I still haven't made any progress. I had the same problem since February, I can't play in that conditions.

You constantly tell me that the team is checking it, ok, but you don't give me solutions. You haven't even been offered the option of giving me something in compensation. I trusted you.

I have been patient. I didn't ask for refund my money. I expend 60€ in that game, unplayable game.

What am I supposed to do? Keep waiting ... Nothing?

In each update, in each hotfix, I redownload the game and test it. I spend an hour testing options on the television, the console, the game.

What am I supposed to do?

Under normal conditions, with a physical game, I return it to the store and have someone else play what I can't. Being a digital game, what should I do? Trust you? This has not worked and I have lost.€ 60 on a game I can't play.

I think I have been patient, I think I have been polite. I expected more from Ubisoft.

I was wrong.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @vatiman,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and for sharing your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that this issue still persists for you in-game, and is impacting your gameplay experience.

I've taken a look at the investigation, and the team has reported that the issue was unable to be reproduced following the release of TU 1.3.0. I'm sorry to hear that this issue still persists following this Title Update.

I have reached out to the team to let them know that you're still encountering the issue on TU 1.3.1, and to see if there is any additional information we can collect from you that may help with further investigation. Once we have any updates from the team, we will reach out to you within this thread.

Just to confirm, does this flickering issue still persist once you have completed the intro of the game? Have you also tried starting a new save file to see if the flickering occurs on a different save file? If we can establish what additional troubleshooting you have tried, besides testing an alternative monitor and changing your display settings, this may help with the investigation.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubi-borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for the quick response. For the record, I'm going to list the times this flicker is seen:
    - On the logo screen> Flicker does not appear
    - In the menu selection load game> The flashing does not appear
    - In the map menu and in the areas where light reflects (snow, a candle, the character's face)> Flickering appears

If you need screenshots or on-screen videos, I can provide them.

The game is updated to version 1.3.1. I have tried on another monitor (Samsung Q84T) and it keeps persisting. I have changed all the settings and the flickering still persists.

Regarding new game, yes, I created a new game but the flickering still persists.

It's funny because this only happens to me in this game and in Immortals Phenix Rising, both from Ubisoft. However, I have Watch Dogs Legion and the game is perfect, it does not have any type of flickering problem. I also have other next gen games that don't have this problem.

Thank you for the quick response.😊

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @vatiman! Thanks for sharing some updated information with us, especially about when the flashing happens in-game and that you have tried another monitor. I've added this to your report to the development team.

Would you be able to provide us with a new video from TU 1.3.1? As the video you've provided was from a few title updates ago, an updated video may be helpful for the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • vatiman
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubi-borealis Hey!

Here is a 3 min video from AC logo to in-game (you can see the map, flickering on Eivor's face, my actually settings in game, flickering on snow and sky...). When sun is out, lights flickering more intensive (not in that video) 🙄

https://we.tl/t-Sq1VP9eQPw

If you need something more specific, please let me know and I'm happy to record it.

Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics