Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dangermouse555
    Original poster 30 posts

205 hours, 205 friggin hours. Thats how long it has taken to pretty much do the entire game. 205 hours and all it felt like I was doing was going on one treasure hunt after another. It is so very clear to see this installment of assassin's creed is by far the worst. So contradictory and illogical with the sole purpose of the game to waste time. Playing odyssey, I thought was great if not the best installment. Genuine decisions that would cause different outcomes. This rubbish, off all the dialect in the 200+ hours, there are maybe half a dozen decisions that have an actual affect on the outcome. The game has been made more adult in one hand by becoming more brutal, great but then you screw that up by putting a seriously childish dialog. I kept getting told not to kill civilians, why, you think vikings would not kill civilians?. These damned ridiculous side quests that take up at least 3 quarters of the game time, absolutely ridiculous anomaly puzzles, crazy, never in a million years rooms, designed in a way that it really does make the game seem like it was managed by children that don't have a first clue about construction. Maybe you should give up this job and go back to your sand pit child.
    To create a game with the sole purpose to wast the consumers time is just wrong. Rockstar have gone overboard with it and now I refuse completely to ever even considering spending money on their games, same as Bethesda (now Microsoft). You developers seem to forget, not only are there many other developers out there, more and more are created every few years. So, ubisoft, its been a blast but I think I will waste my time else where. You should be ashamed of this attempt, filled with bugs, glitches and really stupid ideas/decisions.
    Stay safe and well
    Dan

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kormac67
    584 posts

@dangermouse555 Every game can be seen as a "waste of time". I would call this "content" since I enjoyed all of it very much. If you didn't and still spent 205 hours on it - well then the joke is on you.

• dangermouse555
    Original poster 30 posts

@kormac67 we all have different ways of looking at things. Personally, if I start something I want to see it through. Some times I have my mind changed. This time I didn't. Yes it is a good game to a certain level, I did enjoy aspects of it. Unfortunately it is so badly done, with so much aim at trying to drag things out when it wasn't needed. The early games, there was just as much game play time, no micro transactions, very few bugs/glitches, and I didnt feel like it was more aimed at wasting my time rather it kept me entertained, challenged and enthralled with the surroundings. This is a sorry attempt with little to do other than roam around the countryside and fish. Cant even kill civilians? A viking? If you enjoy that maybe you should stick to farming simulator 😅

• YazX_
    143 posts

@dangermouse555 so let me get this straight, you are angry and the game is bad because you cannot kill civilians?! so with all the enemies in the game roaming the whole world map in every direction aren't enough to kill?

you seem to be new to AC, the core game and logic is based on not killing civilians and always has been, slipped by in couple of games out of 12 but the beauty of this game is connecting old ACs mechanics with new AC (since Origins) to some degree.

Now according to Side Quests, i agree with you, Odyssey side quests were better and have meaning, but here they are short, scattered and most have no meaning nor affect the story in anyway, also no side quests for characters you meet. I do get that the developers wanted new and fresh side quests that are not connected rather than taking place in the world like normal NPCs, but there should be other meaningful side quests like odyssey, dont forget that odyssey had tons of XP farming useless quests like kill that guy and deliver that message which were annoying.

Regarding your 200+ hours, dude wth?! i finished the game twice 100% with everything in 200 hours, so not sure why it took you that long.

In my opinion, this game is very good, cannot say better than Odyssey as Odyssey had alot better after launch support in terms of patches and contents, hopefully this changes soon and we will see a strong support and after launch contents.

• dangermouse555
    Original poster 30 posts

@yazx_ apologies for the late response. Yes 205 hours, that is because I took my time to thoroughly explore everything. I have played every installment of AC so no, im not new to it. But after origins and odyssey I genuinely thought as they have more battles then surely, vikings, who all they wanted to do was fight, would be more brutal but have now suddenly become silent assassin's again. Either one or the other but to make a viking a silent killer, not sure it fits somehow.
    I'm angry with the way it has become kinda lazy for the developers to put large quantities of silly easy to do tasks that seem to have no logic at all. How many rooms do you need to climb into, quite a difficult climb too and see it is being used, lit candles, desks, chairs massive chests? No logical explanation there, just random rooms designed to make things take longer. I don't mind things taking longer as providing it makes sense. All of those red roman tents they have been using since at least origins, the stupid [censored] anomaly puzzles I was so sure they done away with after AC Unity but then doubles down on them and make them a 'must do'. OK maybe I was a little harsh, but being such a big history fan, and vikings being one of my favourite topics, I just expected more. You can not argue that the dialog is seriously childish and that a lot of this game just does not make sense. I have played almost every ubisoft game but unfortunately it seems they are going the way of rockstar and other greedy developers and seeing what is easiest to do, minimal effort for maximum profit and, for me at least, I feel it is destroying the point of games.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 911 posts

Hello @dangermouse555,

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

I moved this thread to the general discussion for better visibility.

Official Response
  • Smrtiak.SVK
    129 posts

@dangermouse555 yeah minimal effort for maximal profit is newest business model which is not very good for customers, it is against principles of democracy and humanity. But every game from Ubisoft is longer, have longer and better content, and everyone can get that game for the same money like he get shorter game last year for example. So I do not think this business model is case in Ubisoft company. And I am enjoying of AC Valhalla still even after
    7 months! Which company ia able to that? And I will be enjoying this game this whole year! And after that there will be new season pass or something like that which I buy gladly and I will be enjoying this game next year too! What hell do you want? Yeah sure, glitches and bugs should have better support, but is pretty hard in this mad times of "new" seasonal flu which is here only because some morons have needs to bullie our civilization, lol.. Many doctor said it is like seasonal flu, that is because in last year spring and this spring there is so little sick people and there are no strictly restrictions. Many people is [censored] out because of this covid-19 fake pandemic of seasonal virus. And false positive cases. Lol I had infammation of eyes and doctor said it was covid-19 because of my blood sample. Like what the hack, and after 4 days I was fully healed... Yeah sure some people have terrible immune system so they get infammation of lungs and from that they can die, but only in hospitals! Hospitals are deadly and dangerous places I learn that in my 17 years, now I am 28... And I am never going to visit hospitals again. I started studie natural medicine like ayurveda, traditional chinese medicine and that improve my health very much more than any doctor is able. But media are silent about healthy life style and natural medicine. Because covid-19 is just about filthy money...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics