Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • BalooTimon
    2 posts

Ubisoft Dev team are just like your Headless Saxon.

Patch 1.2.0 and STILL no fix.

435 hours gameplay

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1381 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed response. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein Halfdan cannot be interacted with if he is spoken to before "Lost Glory" is added to the quest log is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with Halfdan in "Lost Glory" following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks all! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Official Response
  • Bumble-Bee281
    1 posts

Any idea when this bug will be fixed?
    Still can't interact with halfdan.

• rfalcades
    1 posts

Same problem !!

• Maddox64
    10 posts

@bumble-bee281 My guess is that they don't have a clue or don't care. They have been telling us that it is under investigation since Dec and we are now entering April and we are getting the same response. Shoot, this is not even the worst of the bugged quests. A Brewing Storm bug is far worse.

Look at the known issues mega thread and look at how many unable to progress quest bugs that they have listed there. Almost all of them were reported within weeks of the game release. But Ubisoft, instead of fixing these are releasing the River Raids, and I believe two different festivals, and transmog. Then, they patch the game with bug fixes for these new items while ignoring the bugs in the base game.

• FirstNITROHEART
    1 posts

This story line has been down since day one and still nothing is done about it. It is mentioned on every forum and millions of Google hits and still 110 days later still nothing. The forum system is Complete rubbish as noone replies anyway so why bother. No wonder people are stopping playing this game why bother showing loyalty to the brand when the brand doesn't do the same. As long as Unisoft get their money screw those that spend it.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@firstnitroheart Hello and welcome to the forums. I'm extremely sorry to hear about the negative experiences you've had with this specific bug within Assassin's Creed Valhalla so far. Would you be able to go into more detail about what is preventing you from progressing in "Lost Glory" please? Once I have a better understanding of the issue you're facing, I'll be happy to check on if this has been reported to our teams yet.

Official Response
  • kenjirokitamura
    1 posts

Okay so itโ€™s April 2021 and Iโ€™m still having this issue!!
    Halfdan wonโ€™t speak to me in Picheringa. I canโ€™t complete Lost Glory quest!

• Maddox64
    10 posts

Out of all of the quest bugs reported this has to be one of the easiest to reproduce but we still wait.

• aVX_ceSAo
    2 posts

@UbiExcellent Hi there, I'm stuck with Lost Glory quest. Experienced the same problem as others. I have found Halfdan earlier in the game and spoke to him, and now he won't talk to me at the right time to find his hammer and save his dog. It's simply stuck, he has a quest mark on him but won't interact with me no matter what I do. How do I solve this?? Have done the whole game and can't finish the storyline now because of this bug.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 445 posts

Hello @avx_cesao,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to progress.

This particular issue has been already reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Once it's resolved, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes and the dedicated megathread.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

PS: I didn't merge this thread to the megathread yet, as we're still awaiting for the confirmation from @FirstNITROHEART to double-check if it's the same issue.

Official Response
  • Th3Randy
    Original poster 17 posts

HOW is this still a bug FOUR MONTHS after first report?

• OGinMiami
    4 posts

Same issue and its my last quest. Any ETA ? its been in the forums since December of 2020.

• Pizentu
    2 posts

Its April 17th 2021 and this STILL HASNT BEEN FIXED! Come on!

• aVX_ceSAo
    2 posts

bug still exists

• DigitalDylan26
    1 posts

@avx_cesao first time playing in months and it still isn't fixed ๐Ÿ˜ž

• StefanieSeaton
    1 posts

just came across this bug and Iโ€™m amazed that people have been waiting 4 months for it to be fixed. Please can this be resolved so we can talk to Halfdan and complete the quest?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed response. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein Halfdan cannot be interacted with if he is spoken to before "Lost Glory" is added to the quest log is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with Halfdan in "Lost Glory" following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks all! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Official Response
  • Th3Randy
    Original poster 17 posts

@ubi-borealis This is GREAT NEWS!!! Thank you! I'll update here with my results after I update.

• Th3Randy
    Original poster 17 posts

@ubi-borealis I can confirm that I was able to proceed and complete this mission. Thanks

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @Th3Randy! I'm glad to hear you've been able to proceed in and complete "Lost Glory!" ๐Ÿ˜„

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics