Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Th3Randy
    Original poster 18 posts

Big still exists - This is the only quest I have still open and I still cant complete it. I spoke to Halfdan in Picheringa while working on map completion, at that time, he asked me to find his hammer or something like that. Now, when I go see him as my final quest in the log, he no longer speaks to me triggering the quest. Please advise!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed response. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein Halfdan cannot be interacted with if he is spoken to before "Lost Glory" is added to the quest log is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with Halfdan in "Lost Glory" following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Sailstone
    2 posts

Hi

I have an issue with the quest "Lost glory" where you are tasked with locating Halfdan in Picheringa.

When talking to Halfdan you're supposed to get a quest of retrieving his hammer, however;

At an earlier stage of the game, I passed by and found Halfdan at this spot due to him being highlighted. I spoke with him and he told me about the hammer, however it did not trigger the quest to find the hammer because I had not been to the royal hall to start the quest in the first place.
    Now that the quest is supposed to be triggered, the game won't let me talk to Halfdan, because I already have, thus not allowing me to progress.
    I have been able to find out where the hammer is supposed to be in order to try and skip that stage in the quest, but It has not been triggered as far as I can tell.

Sadly, this was many hours ago so I do not have a save that I can access to fix this.

Please help

• hugoavatar
    1 posts

@sailstone I just realised I did this. don't suppose you managed a workaround?

• JayJazz8
    1 posts

The Quest named 'Lost Glory' is bugged for me. You are told to go meet Halfdan in the longhouse in Jorvik. He isn't there so you are told to talk to Moira. However Moira is laying dead next to the throne. You cannot interact with her at all and the quest doesn't allow you progress. I have tried going back to old saves and even went far back to work my way back to this point however everytime she is just dead by the throne and you cant progress the quest. I haven't found any fixes for this yet so any help would be appreciated.

• Patrikk16
    2 posts

I have the same problem too

• Patrikk16
    2 posts

I have an issue with the quest "Lost glory" where you are tasked with locating Halfdan in Picheringa.

When talking to Halfdan you're supposed to get a quest of retrieving his hammer, however;

At an earlier stage of the game, I passed by and found Halfdan at this spot due to him being highlighted. I spoke with him and he told me about the hammer, however it did not trigger the quest to find the hammer because I had not been to the royal hall to start the quest in the first place.
    Now that the quest is supposed to be triggered, the game won't let me talk to Halfdan, because I already have, thus not allowing me to progress.
    I have been able to find out where the hammer is supposed to be in order to try and skip that stage in the quest, but It has not been triggered as far as I can tell.

same problem as @Sailstone 

• matchstickct
    7 posts

I have the same issue...

• Chancellor740
    3 posts

Yes, I have exactly the same problem.

• Chancellor740
    3 posts

Same problem.

• xBlutkatze
    1 posts

I have the same issue with the same exact situation - found Halfdan before I went to the Royal Hall, so the quest won't progress further then "Talk to Halfdan" - since I already talked to him and cannot talk to him again.

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 73 posts

Thanks for raising all, I will bring this up with our teams.

Official Response
  • Playdankbowls
    3 posts

I already talked to Moira and she said Picheringa I go there I see Halfdan but I can’t speak to him it’s the last quest I have to do before I kill aelfred. I literally can not progress further playing on ps4 pro have 98 hours in the damn game please fix this...

• Playdankbowls
    3 posts

Can’t finish lost glory quest because I can’t talk to Halfdan I finished the story out of order and now “lost glory” is my last quest to finish to get the last order of the ancients member...

• Sailstone
    2 posts

@hugoavatar Not so far.

• Playdankbowls
    3 posts
    Can’t finish lost glory quest because I can’t talk to Halfdan I finished the story out of order and now “lost glory” is my last quest to finish to get the last order of the ancients member...

• quick2309pl
    1 posts

I have the same problem. I spoke to him before been in Jorvik and now I can't speak to him and continue the quest.

I think without this quest it is impossible to reveal The Father identity because I have last clue missing and there is information to continue the story to reveal his identity but this quest is broken for me and it happened hours ago so no chance to load game before this glitch. 😞😞😠

• levorion
    2 posts

@quick2309pl Came here due to the same exact problem. I fear that this bugged quest has broken my ability to finish off the Order after ~100 hours. Really disheartening. Much sad.

• levorion
    2 posts

@sailstone same problem. Stuck on “talk to Halfdan” but he won’t talk to me, and the hammer has not spawned.

• GreyZero7
    2 posts

It won't finish the quest after I have lit the beacon for halfdan?!?! This is ridiculous! This makes it so I can't finish the game fix this!!!

• GreyZero7
    2 posts

@sailstone for me after I light the beacon it doesn't do anything after that it doesn't complete the quest or anything

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics