Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KFL_
    2 posts

I am having this exact same issue. If you talk to Halfdan before actually starting the quest chain in Jorvik, the quest gets bugged.
    @Patrikk16 described the situation perfectly.

My main issue is that this is seems to be blocking the progress in the story, so I'm kind of stuck at the moment with very little left to do.

• speedsniper2005
    1 posts

I did the same thing. Still having the issue after patch 1.0.4

• mabaripup
    1 posts

I am playing on PS4. I found Halfdan in Picheringa and spoke to him before I spoke to Moira in Jorvik. This must have triggered the quest line to start without showing up accurately on my markers. I then went to Jorvik and spoke to Moira which prompted me back to Halfdan but now I cannot speak with him again to trigger the next part of the quest. I tried going to where his dog is in the forest but I cannot interact with him at all after clearing the wolves. So now my quest is just stuck telling me to speak to Halfdan but not allowing me to speak with him.

I have tried reloading the game, doing other quests, and leaving and returning to the area but nothing prompts Halfdan into speaking again. I no longer have a save I could go back to before the broken quest line which I’m sure would fix it so I suppose I’m just stuck with this unfinished quest forever.

• Crimthann01
    5 posts

I am also having the same issue, for the same reason I think. Reloading a past save is not really an option for me, because I interacted with Halfdan when I wasn't supposed to a long time ago. I would lose many hours of gameplay. Hopefully we can get a fix soon, I'm in the same boat as @KFL_ I need to complete this quest to progress further.

• wheelie420
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • wheelie420
    2 posts

@playdankbowls Talking to Halfdan in Picheringa wasn't an issue I encountered with this quest, try loading a manual save from before you are tasked with going to Picheringa. If this helps resolve your problem, the bug I had was when meeting Halfdan at Scarborough and lighting the brazier. I lit the brazier and the quest wouldn't end. I learned that fast traveling to Scarborough was the cause of the bug I did encounter. If yours fixes through loading an earlier save(even if you have to start the eruviscire alliance quest from the start or even earlier)or a fix from ubisoft, keep in mind that fast traveling to Scarborough after collecting Halfdan's hammer will bug your quest and it won't complete the quest. Do not fast travel to Scarborough instead travel by foot or horse.
    I hope your issue can be resolved without too great of a backtrack through the game. I once had to go back 75 hours in the witcher 3 wild hunt so I am familiar with that pain all too well.

• esspeloude
    1 posts

got same problem tho. for the love of god i can't finish the order thing proper cuz of this. ubi pls fix that. or just add a abondon mission kinda thing in game.

• Moran969713
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Strunk88
    4 posts

Exact same issue here. Unable to continue the game now 😞

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 73 posts

@kfl_ Ah very sorry to hear this, I've made a report and directed devs to this thread for reference.

Official Response
  • UbiT00n

Hey All,
    Would it be possible to get a screenshot or video clip of this happening to you please to assist with the info I have given to the devs?
    Thank you so much.

Official Response
  • Crimthann01
    5 posts
  • Filfaeril
    1 posts

Exact same case for me : explored the region, found halfdan which talked to me of things i knew nothing about (yet). Then got the quest, went to the royal hall, talked to Moira and now halfdan doesn't want to talk.

@Devs : Simple resolution for this not to happen for other players : do NOT spawn Halfdan there before the start of the Lost Glory quest.

Please at least provide a workaround.

• TheWuknd
    1 posts

@patrikk16 yeah i’m having the same problem, so annoying considering i grinded pretty hard over the past week.

• UbiT00n

@crimthann01 Brilliant this is just what I need, thanks for this.

Official Response
  • Ex-Kali13ur
    2 posts

I completed the Eurvicscire Arc and had "Lost Glory" set as the active quest. While cleaning up the remaining stuff in the area (Wealth, Mysteries, Artifacts), I spoke to Halfdan in Picheringa who mentioned something about losing his hammer, but nothing else happened. Several hours later, I returned to Jorvik and spoke to Moira who mentioned that Halfdan had gone to Picheringa, and the quest progressed as normal. After returning to Picheringa, there is a quest marker on Halfdan but he isn't interactable.

Tried fast travelling away and back, reloading an autosave from before speaking to Moira (don't have one from before talking to Haldan the first time), exiting the game and reloading.

TL;DR: In "Lost Glory" I spoke to Halfdan in Picheringa before Moira, and can no longer speak to Haldan again.

• pouloups
    1 posts

same issue here and went to find if i can loot the hammer but it does not spawn, only the dog and wolves but the dog isnt moving

• Crimthann01
    5 posts

@pouloups Yeah, I tried the same thing.

• Bertanernie
    1 posts

@ex-kali13ur I'm also having this problem. Very frustrating.

• Crimthann01
    5 posts

@ubit00n
    Any response from the dev team? I've been checking every once in awhile to see if it has been added to the "Know Issues" megathread, and haven't seen anything.
    Thanks for the help with the matter btw.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics