Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 586 posts

@kuharski_09 @AntoineKouma Apologies for the late response. Thank you both for the information and video provided. Could you both please check to make sure the latest update is installed then go back to 'Thor the Fishmonger' and see if you are able to confirm the kill.

If you are still unable to could you please provide another video. In the video can you show the patch version on the main menu screen before you load into the game. Once you are in game can you go to the location where the drengr is and see if you can interact with him to confirm the kill.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Thor the Fishmonger" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when fighting Thor the Fishmonger following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Cacaah
    2 posts

@ubi-keo
    This bug is still present with the current patch on pc:

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Cacaah! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to interact with Thor the Fishmonger. Thank you for taking the time to send us a video. I've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

Would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• Did you fight all the time on a wooden surface? Or did you manage to fight him all the time inside the water circle? 
    • With what weapons did you down Thor? 
    • What were the last 2 activities you did before attempting the lost drengr?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • tasteslikesalt
    5 posts

as of the next patch 1.2.1 (https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/news-updates/71XfFFCZ8wXwHVMH2Wsma1) this will still not get fixed. can't complete drengr challenge to get ragnar's dagger and can't get platinum trophy. Just give us an option to restart the quest like in origins. After 2 patches that said this would get addressed, it's still not addressed. looks like they've already moved on to the next expansions without fully addressing all the problems of the main game. Won't be buying any DLCs that will also be riddled with more bugs that will further push this down their priority.

• AntoineKouma
    3 posts

@ubi-keo Hi again. Here is another link with the details you asked for. It would be appreciated if we had an option to restart the quest like in origins. 

• Cacaah
    2 posts

Hi @ubi-borealis

I had a ticket open because of this bug.
    After providing this

, my ticket got closed with the info, that this bug will be fixed in the future ...
    I think this bug happened because I tried this fight at some point, couldn't finish it and returned later on.

The last attempt happened mostly in the water, maybe I stepped out for a second but you can check for that.
    At that time I used 2 small axes, don't remember the weapon type name.
    As mentioned above I started the fight before and returned to it later. Since this issue happened to me in December 2020, I cannot recall what activities I did before attempting the lost drengr.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@tasteslikesalt - The development team has reopened the investigation into this issue following reports that the issue still persisted. This is why it was not included in TU 1.2.1. Please be assured that the development team are taking reports of this issue seriously, and that they are working on finding a fix.

I can confirm that the development team do not intend to introduce a "Restart Quest" feature to the game:

"Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed."

I understand this may not have been the answer you were looking for, and apologise for any disappointment caused.

@AntoineKouma - Thank you for providing us with another video. I've included this in the report that has already been forwarded to the development team on your behalf. As mentioned above, the development team have no plans to introduce a "Restart Quest" feature to the game. I apologise for any disappointment caused.

@Cacaah - Thank you for sharing more information about your support ticket. I can see that your report has been passed on to the development team for a closer look. Please note that even if your ticket is closed, this doesn't mean that the investigation into the issue is over. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reopen your ticket at any time 🙂

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Thor the Fishmonger" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when fighting Thor the Fishmonger following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • wavy787
    3 posts

I can confirm as of the latest patch 1.2.2 I was able to complete the quest. It’s been a very long time but finally glad to 100% the game. Note to all who may stumble upon this thread. MAKE MANUAL SAVES BEFORE ANY MAJOR EVENT OR FIGHT TO AVOID THIS PROBLEM.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 831 posts

Hello @wavy787,

That's fantastic news, thank you for confirming!

We're very glad that you were able to 100% complete your game 🙂

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics