Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Treacle_6773
    1 posts

Having the same issue on PS4. I've beat him 4 times now and every time he just kneels down and cannot be interacted with him. His son is also just stood on the sidelines looking on as his battered father indefinitely takes his last breath!
    I don't want to continue playing now cos if this [censored] isn't fixed and is the only thing I have preventing completion of the game, I'm gonna be livid!

• Rizzorian
    2 posts

Tried it again today and was able to complete it. Dunno if it was the recent patch or it just decided to work.

• newtoth1985
    3 posts

@xlithariel
    My game was saved at the point he was not yet defeated, but abandoned during a fight. This way every time I went back he was already in the water waiting to attack.
    Prior the patch every time I tried to go back and defeat him, he just ended up kneeing there. After the patch the dialog option appeared, too.
    But I guess this does not help you guys then 😞

• Wolfpack7833
    2 posts

Have beaten Drengr 3 times and once he is on knees with no power, there is no option to speak or move forwards.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Apologies for our delayed response.

This issue has been passed on to the team to be looked into, and we've passed on the videos and details provided thus far.

Official Response
  • sydsalman
    1 posts

@wolfpack7833 I have a friend who's facing the same problem, hope they fix this.

• Dashiznik
    2 posts

I can’t complete the lost dengr fish monger he sits on one knee and won’t allow to complete the mission/ quest.

• WPScorpionWind
    5 posts

I'm having this problem too. I had started it when I was under powered, fled when I realized I didn't stand a chance, came back after Asgard finally beat him and then ran into this problem. Have tried fast traveling, tried going to a different zone, tried going back to a previous save, and nothing. Any idea yet on how to fix this?

• WPScorpionWind
    5 posts

Xbox One OG player here. I'm having this problem too. I had started it when I was under powered, fled when I realized I didn't stand a chance, came back after Asgard finally beat him and then ran into this problem. Have tried fast traveling, tried going to a different zone, tried going back to a previous save, and nothing. Any idea yet on how to fix this?

• timmileet
    2 posts

Same issue here. PC.
    Have tried the "workaround" with meditating. Not working.

• Ubi-Baron

Thanks for the extra details.

We'd be interested in hearing if any users saw this issue occurring without fleeing the fight originally. This seems to be the main cause of this issue at the moment.

Official Response
  • PictoNailer
    2 posts

😧 Same issue here on PC.
    Also noticed that the horse at the nearest highpoint wouldn't refresh either. 😰

• TOSTITOS._
    1 posts

I defeated Thor the Fishmonger but he sat on his knees without giving the speak prompt and has been sitting there ever since. I saw a Reddit post that said to meditate at the southern river but that hasn’t worked for me at all. Somebody please help I really don’t want to restart the entire game!!!! For more info I talked to him but ran away after I saw his level and when I fought him again he was standing in the middle of his pond waiting for me and Eivor says something about Thor the Fishmonger being dead when I return to the battle area.

• Ubi-Baron

@pictonailer Thanks for adding the report.

Could you clarify further on what you mean around the Horse refreshing?

Official Response
  • PictoNailer
    2 posts

@ubi-baron I tried riding the horse to other regions, then mediating or fast traveling to other points and coming back... However everytime the horse wouldn't show again and I saw it at the position where I left it. I tried that because there was a reddit post saying mediation could help refresh the whole area (including the fishmonger event). That approach worked for someone having the issue so I guessed in my case the refresh might not work normally for the entire East Anglia?

• guest-0bp3YDaF
    1 posts

Yeah I'm having issues with this too, Thor Fishmonger that is, as recent as last night since launch day. I submitted a ticket finally, only after your first update didn't fix the issue, I thought it would have and I hadn't bothered to check. The response I got was less than satisfactory. I was told to just reload a prior save file, like no? I've pretty much got 100% done in over half of England, all of Norway, and I would have Vinland too; but one of the treasures is glitched, SO I CAN'T COMPLETE. But I know that restarting, and hunting everything I have down again will definitely not be an option, nor encourage me to pick it back up.

Pleeeeease fix, I really want that platinum *jams sick air guitar solo*

PS thanks for the totally amazing game though other than that. It's been a wild experience 👌

• Thorgons
    1 posts

As someone who is 100% complete in ALL regions and collected ALL other Wealth, Mystery and Artifacts, I find this frustrating because this simple little bug is keeping me from completing everything. So I will say this as plainly as I can, fix the bug please or just give me the trophy now. I refuse to backtrack because as of now I have accumulated nearly 20 Mastery Points for each branch. So going back is not an option.

• Xsweetlou42X
    2 posts

Killed thor the fishmonger but its not completed. He is just kneeling in the water and when I go up to him, nothing happens. This happened about 2 weeks ago and I just left the mission alone, hopping that he will be un glitched after awhile but when I returned today, he's still bugged. Unsure if this is a common bug for I havent seen much on it.

• JAK22K
    1 posts

@marsmuseman

Did you figure out? I have the same issue. I have gone too far in the game but he is still kneeling when i go back to him.

• Ubi-Baron

@pictonailer Ah, thank you for clarifying that for us. In general I'm not sure that it resets all things, likely not quests at least.

@guest-0bp3YDaF @Thorgons @JAK22K Had you all fled the fight the first time that you tried to do it, or did this occur for any of you the first time you attempted it?

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics