Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sblantipodi
    Original poster 9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• uKMrBlondeuK
    3 posts

A lot of the King's and Vikings in the game are based on real people from that time. They're probably not as well known as Da Vinci, Cleopatra etc. but they didn't remove them.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@sblantipodi there are historical figures man, ceowulf, king alfred, the sons of ragnar, ubba and ivar, harald, guthrum, and more..

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@karloz1995
    what you said

• UbiShikallum
    Community Manager 22 posts

@sblantipodi Yo! There are a few representations of historical figures in Valhalla as @Karloz1995 has mentioned, if there is anyone you think is missing, let me know and I'll pass on the suggestions to the team on my end 😎

Official Response
  • cawatrooper9
    38 posts

As mentioned, there are quite a few 😊

The first you're likely to run into (as far as I know) is Harold Fairhair, aspiring King of all Norway.

There are others, too. The various Sons of Ragnar, who in addition to being heroes of Danish sagas are also confirmed as actual historical figures. Their supposed father Ragnar Lothbrok (who is alluded to in the game) has a bit more dubious of an origin- my personal theory is that the Sons of Ragnar were not actually related, but were clever Vikings who crafted a legend (or maybe an embellishment around a real person who besieged Paris in 845) to rally Danes around the creation of the Great Heathen Army to invade England. But of course that's just my theory.

Another historical figure that you may have seen in the marketing is King Alfred.

There are definitely others too, such as Burgred of Mercia. I think the difference now is that it can be kinda hard to tell who is made up and who is an actual historical figure. There are so many people that Eivor interacts with in the story that it can be tough to really sift through who is who sometimes.

• sblantipodi
    Original poster 9 posts

Guys I need to admit it, I have degree in computer science but I'm not into history.

At school I studied history but we never studied all those historical figures.

I played all the AC games, and this is the first game that teched me so many new historical figures I never heard before.

Pretty glad to know that I'm more ignorant than what I thought and that I'm able to learn something while playing.

Sorry for my ignorance, thank you Ubisoft!! 😁

• cawatrooper9
    38 posts

@sblantipodi No worries- to be honest I didn't know many of those people before this game, and am only discovering even more are actual figures after watching the History Channel show Vikings recently.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics