Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• cap.cla
    Original poster 89 posts

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 89 posts

I like the possibility to made my own poll.So I made this poll to see if also the other gamers want a story creator mode.

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@cap-cla Nice idea, but I voted "No".

1) It would be a huge amount of development work
    2) Things would go wrong with it and Ubisoft would have a spend a huge amount of effort in maintaining and updating it
    3) This DLC (I assume it would be that) would be consequently very expensive for customers to buy
    4) Not many users would buy it
    5) It wouldn't be good or flexible enough for the users who would buy it and they'd endlessly complain and demand new features
    6) I can't think of any other games that have this mode (because, I guess, it's just not profitable)

Multiplayer might be an idea, but Ubisoft hasn't done Multiplayer in AC games since Black Flag in 2013.

I guess Ubisoft would rather get on with what's worked in the past - produce a decent standalone game, support it with a few "modes", DLC, and microtransactions and then move on to creating the next AC game.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@thoughttwenty

it was free in odyssey why would it costs us money in Valhalla now??
    I never played with it in Odyssey though as they put it in at the very end of its lyfecycle which made it pretty useless tbh.

Seeing how they market these games as Live service games these feature shoul dhave been there from the start

• cap.cla
    Original poster 89 posts

Like it has already been said,the story creator mode is free and it was present in Odyssey.So before voting no in a poll about a thing you don't know,search this thing.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 89 posts

I agree only a bit.Probably the story creator mode was revealed at the E3 because there wasn't a new game,but before the end of Odyssey's DLCs in November it got some important updates.
    I agree only a bit.So it could be also better if,like you said,it was released at the beginning.Unfortunatly it wasn't release and the situation with free contents doesn't seem good at the moment

• Sam_Boo26
    154 posts

I was disappointed by this feature in Odyssey, so I voted no, unless they improve it. I would prefer them to add new quests from time to time, like they did with Odyssey and the Lost Tales of Greece.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@cap-cla No, because the game needs content provided by ubisoft, not random people. Also, no because all the ones I tried in Odyssey either didn't work or were terrible, lol.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

yeah i second that.

And when the community made some xp quests or quests to earn gold ir got nerfed hard to once again ofcourse promote their helix xp buffs etc.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 oh yeah I remember that.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 89 posts

I admit that the story creator mode hasn't been a good experience for everybody,but I think that there isn't nothing of bad in asking it because you want to create you're own stories.I saw that someone prefers more free contents made by Ubisoft and someone other something as the Lost tales of Greece.I totally agree with you.Personally Odyssey was a lot better than Valhalla aboutthis.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 89 posts

But for me the story creator mode wasn't a feature to get XP or play the story of someone.I quite always played my stories and what I wanted.It was something of special,a lot better than the festivalof yule and probably also the other free contents.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@cap-cla there wouldn't be anything wrong with it if the game wasn't full of bugs and we got some official content 😉

• TheCosmicBob
    73 posts

I didn't create one in Odyssey myself, but I did play a lot of them. I found some were good, some were bad. There were several that were very good, I thought. I think there's potential here in Valhalla. But I don't like Eivor as much as I did Kassandra. And the supporting characters aren't as strong in Valhalla, I thought.

I would probably play some of them in Valhalla.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

No...just NO! This was such a useless thing in Odyssey. I would love modding tools but not such useless and mindless quest creator things with no voices or anything.

They should fix the game and patch in featurews that the games before had. Afterwards they can add what they want.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 89 posts

I really don't understand why there are answers like this.I have never said that Ubisoft should totally focus on a story creator mode and ignore the rest.

• cap.cla
    Original poster 89 posts

Mostly because of this reason I think that a story creator mode could help us better stories with the secondary characters that didn't receive a lot of time in the game.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@cap-cla

I didn't want to annoy you with my answer. I just think that Ubisoft isn't good at working on more fronts simultaneosly. They already have huge problems in fixing gamebreaking bugs and giving us normal quality of life features. They clearly aren't able to pull of features like this in a great way. After they released this creator mode they where more after XP glitches than after fixing bugs. Nobody should care if people create XP glitches with such creator modes in singleplayer games. I never played quests from thiis creator mode but everyone should be able to play the game as they wish.

Sadly Ubisoft is faster in fixing those XP glitches than in fixing real bugs.

I would love more quests for every character but they right way to do it would be giving us free quests with those characters. It doesn't help to have cutscene with mute characters that move their lips.

These are just my 5 cents from my experience with Ubisoft. Shorter roadmaps with less but fleshed out features that are bug free. This should be doable for Ubisoft. After 1 year they can add a story creator mode for the people that still care. But not in the near future. Not after bugs were fixed and free content is out.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@cap-cla voted yes because everything that gives more replayability to this game is good, also it doesnt affect anyone if they dont like those missions, they can just pass from it.. i believe they need to improve the way to make those questlines but anyways i dont feel like is something bad, as far as is free like in odyssey

• cap.cla
    Original poster 89 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics