Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Danny__G13
    Original poster 11 posts

Can't play this game - it just keeps on freezing and going back to desktop. Sent multiple crash reports.

It was fine when it first came out, but I went back to it a few days ago and the crashing has now started?

3090 Windows 10 everything up to date.

The only thing I don't have up to date is the Nvidia drivers.

But they're such a slog to install, and nothing else has an issue?

Can anyone advise?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Rottendog87
    4 posts

@danny__g13 i just opened a topic about crashes too. for me unchecking master voulme tab worked. i had crashes since game release but without sound i have been playing for 2 days without crashes. yeah its sound nosense but it worked for me.

• Danny__G13
    Original poster 11 posts

@rottendog87 Thanks for the reply - master volume in the game, you mean?

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Danny__G13 - Hello there! I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to know if the steps found within this FAQ help in clear your system's performance while playing, and solve these crashes.
    Rottendog87 - That's indeed quite a strange workaround. Have you given the above steps a go as well? I'd like to know if they can help you play with sound!

Official Response
  • Rottendog87
    4 posts
  • shyam3010
    84 posts

@danny__g13 Funnily enough, just now I posted about the crashing issues that’s very similar to your situation, although I’m on the PS4. Seems it’s affecting all platforms and some players are just luckier than others

• Danny__G13
    Original poster 11 posts

@shyam3010 Hi Shyam, this seems kind of new then? My other half is playing just fine on PS5 but I can't get much more than half an hour on PC unfortunately. I updated drivers and verified the game files. No dice.

• Danny__G13
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-wan Sadly they don't. Is this a known issue - your response suggests otherwise? I should add, Reliability History reports it as a 141 - a hardware error.

Hope this helps somehow.

• Danny__G13
    Original poster 11 posts

@rottendog87 Unfortunately I just can't play without sound! So while I appreciate the suggestion, the lack of sound is a killer!

• ShayPsy
    11 posts

@danny__g13 i have crashes too and huge fps drops. how can a game get worse 2 months after release? whats going on? is this sabotage on purpose? what happend to game Devs? i never seen something like this before

• shyam3010
    84 posts

@danny__g13 Hi Danny. Unfortunately I don’t think it is a new issue as I, and many others, have experienced these crashes since November! For me it started immediately after downloading patch 1.0.4, but I know that others have been affected by it the day the game came out.
    I managed to play for three hours yesterday before I had a crash, which was an improvement considering I’d have a crash every half-hour or so, back in November.
    I hope it sorts itself out for you soon!

• Danny__G13
    Original poster 11 posts

@shyam3010 Well that's a bust for me then. I'll just have to wait till some update fixes it. I did have occasional CTDs in Legion as well in truth, but nothing like this. What's happened to QC on Ubi games?!

• shyam3010
    84 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rdhiggins
    1 posts

I played Assassin Creed Valhalla when it came out last year THEN I could play it for hours now I CANNOT as it crashes anywhere between 30-60 minutes. Every time I send the crash report for Ubisoft to review but this is getting old very fast! I do not see anything in the known issues that Ubisoft is aware of this issue but I would definitely appreciate it being fixed!

My rig if it helps:

Windows 10 Home
    32 gig of Ram
    AMD Ryzen 9 3950x (not overclocked)
    Nvidia RTX 3080 (driver 461.40)
    Creative Blaster AE-5

• Danny__G13
    Original poster 11 posts

@rdhiggins Indeed, the most recent update hasn't fixed this, and in fact my OH who plays this on PS5 has now started experiencing crashing.

• Danny__G13
    Original poster 11 posts

@danny__g13 Has the update resolved this?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics