ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• QWee-QWee
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello - Sorry for bad English.

I've had a short break from AC valhalla, but upon returning it's become unplayable for me. I've never been truly frustrated and angry upon a bug/feature, until now.

The game constantly presses my right trigger (heavy hit) and I have to press the button physically for it to unlock. Although sometimes it releases it by itself. It's very random.

Since the button is pressed (and hold) I can't play the game as intended.

Instead of Odin's sight, I switch hands
    Instead of interacting with object I trigger an ability
    It interupts my running with a heavy hit
    It zooms in map view
    I randomly kill civilians

I've restarted the game, the system and the controller several times. Nothing improves it.

The gameplay has become torture as it is very random and it's making the game completely unplayable for me and I want my money back, how do i proceed?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 636 posts

Hello there! I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you let me know whether or not this issue persists in any other games, or perhaps with a different controller? I'd also like to know if you're able to change your button layout, and if this issue persists if the right trigger button is bound to a different action altogether?

Official Response
  • KAD_LMT
    3 posts

@ubi-wan I know this is an old post, but this game is still practically unplayable for me because of this issue. I tried remapping the controls which didn’t help. The problem continues.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 598 posts

Hello @KAD_LMT and welcome to Discussions!

First of all, please accept my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Could you please confirm for me if your controller is on this list of supported peripherals?
    I would kindly ask you to record a short video of the issue showing the issue itself and the game version and send us a link so we can investigate this further.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Official Response
  • KAD_LMT
    3 posts

@ubi-oxavo yes, it is a dual shock 4 controller. I’m playing on the PS4. I would upload a video, but it looks like I don’t have the permissions to do so. Besides, the video won’t tell you anything more than this description. The game tells me the right trigger is being pulled when it is not. I end up using my abilities when I’m trying to interact with things, and I just randomly start heavy attacking and running out of stamina. I tried remapping the controls. This didn’t help. It happens at all points of the game, no matter where I am or what I’m doing. Even during the load screens, the character acts as if the trigger is being pulled when the controller is sitting on a table, completely undisturbed. I thought it was my controller so I tried 2 other dual shock 4 controllers. The problem persists. (My controller also does not do this when I’m playing any other game)

I appreciate your attention to this. I’d love to complete the game but I end up quitting in frustration.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2298 posts

@kad_lmt Thank you for your reply. Are you able to factory reset the controller to see if it helps?

Reset the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller:

• Turn off and unplug your PS4 console. 
    • Locate the small reset button on the back of the controller near the L2 shoulder button.
    • Use a small tool to push the button inside the tiny hole. Hold the button down for roughly 3–5 seconds.
    • Connect the controller to the PS4 console using a USB cable and press the PS button.
    • If the light bar turns blue, the controller has paired.

Please let us know the outcome of this.

Thank you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics