Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KeepItValhalla
    Original poster 11 posts

Correction, HAS been out of [censored] control. Here's a video by Fizhy discussing it in length. I'm sure this has been talked about, but I dont really care. It's very disheartening spending almost $300 on the Collector's edition (Canadian dollar sucks + shipping), and then opening up the store and seeing equal the amount of armor sets and weapons as earnable in [censored] game. Not to mention how overpriced this half garbage is. I thought after all the backlash GR: Breakpoint received over its horrendous ingame store, [censored] was supposed to change? Appanretly not, greedy Ubisoft hasn't learned a thing. Aka, they don't give a damn.

Anyways... here's the vid lol

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xtracker85
    46 posts

Funny how in just 3 months, the Helix store is flooded with so many armors, weapons, settlement decors, skins, etc. while we are saddled with the base game that's pretty much barebones. Can't help but get the feeling that a lot of the stuff was stripped out of the game beforehand and made ready to drip feed to us as microtransactions.

• OlmerGrey
    56 posts

@keepitvalhalla
    Actually, there isn't even a lot of items in the store to be honest... not even saying that 95% of them isimmersive-breaking and awful looking garbage.
    I've always seen shops like this as kinda bait for foolish rich kids who don't know where to spend money... no offense, but if that so - why bother?
    They can spend their money whatever they like. There is no reason to be sad or angry about that.

Not a lot of rewarding loot/geer in the actual game - that's true, but also that's how Assasins Creed franchise was designed most of the time (except Odyssey) - wasnt about loot, was abut gameplay.

And don't forget, if really want to obtain some of those questionable Helyx-store goodys - you can always try your luck to get them using ingame currency "opals" 😉
    If Ubisoft "random" system will give you a single chance of course 😄

Dunno what's all the rage about, for me it seems like a pretty fair bargain, really.
    People just overreact too much nowadays on any "microtransactions" topic, although in truth this isn't such a huge problem.

• KeepItValhalla
    Original poster 11 posts

@olmergrey First of, I think we're past the term "microtransactions" when some of these armor sets cost $20... a third of the full game or an entire DLC.

Second of, these optional purchases in the store do affect my gameplay. Why? Because a lot of these sets were added into the game very early on, aka, they were purposely cut of the game I paid almost $300 bucks for. This applies to at least the first couple, the valkyrie set and the black one with fumes coming out from it. Not to mention some of them are quite [censored] good. And that wouldn't be the biggest deal in the world if the base game had enough content, but it clearly doesnt. It only includes NINE sets.... which matches how many are in the store. So, by the time we actually get the first DLC, the number of sets in store will greatly outnumber what's obtainable in game. That's [censored] pathetic in a fully priced AAA, singleplayer only game.

And lastly to your point about AC being more about gameplay than armor sets... I fail to see how this applies to the modern day games??? The franchise has all but abandoned its roots and morphed into a looter/RPG ever since Origins released in 2016. Your argument would hold merit if we were talking about AC1, when there was one armor set and no MTX... but those days are long gone unfortunately. Ubisoft wants a huge focus to be on finding gear and weapons throughout their gigantic maps, yet hide much of their content behind a paywall

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@xtracker85 just at game release there were already 3 armours at helix shop..... the drengr, huldofulk and berserk armour sets.. and all those just at game release... next week they announced the eihenjar armour...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics