Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

Started playing ACV around Nov 20th. Before patch 1.0.4 was installed, my game didn’t crash once, and everything was stable.
    After update 1.0.4, Valhalla started hard crashing every 30 minutes or so. After four or five crashes in one playing session, I stopped playing until Ubisoft fixed this issue. I can confirm that my console isn’t the issue here (playing on base PS4 – never had any problems with it).

Decided to DL the latest updates yesterday and try the game out. Apart from the noticeable drop in frame rates and slight lag, everything seemed fine until it hard crashed again (big surprise there) after about 2.5—3 hours of play.

I suspect title update 1.1.1 must have improved the stability of the game, but it needs stabilising A LOT MORE because a triple-A title shouldn’t be crashing like this, especially 3 months since release.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@shyam3010 Hey there, and thanks for sharing - sorry to hear about this. CE errors are Console Errors when a PlayStation crashes. It's still a great idea to complete some general troubleshooting steps for your PS4, to ensure things are running in tip-top shape!

Official Response
  • shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@ubi-wan Hi mod, thanks for your reply.

i’ve had two or three more playing sessions since I made that post, each lasting around 3 hours or so. So far, I haven’t had any crashing. Also, I hadn’t yet explored the PS4 troubleshooting methods as I wanted to test the game out some more incase it kept crashing, and if it did, then I’d attempt troubleshooting. However, the stability seems to be fine now. It seems that Ubisoft devs have indeed improved stability & performance of the game, and both my console and ACV disc were fine all along!

As a side note, if the game does crash in future, I’ll update this thread and explore troubleshooting.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics