ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@kormac67

i dont understand why ppl play any games on a mobile.

With pc or console you have a big screen which to me certainly is much more enjoyable.
    But maybe i am an exception, i never play any mobile games.

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

@kormac67

I heard about that. they already destroyed a huge opportunity with an AC in China and Shau-Jun trained from Ezio in a mainline AC title. Now they destroy this chance again. At least Japan is still not used and i don't think that they will even try it in the near future after Ghost of Tsushima. This game was a better AC (gameplay wise) than the last three AC games. Add some assassins and templars to Ghost of Tsushima and it would be a great AC. And it would be the first AC with a truly good combat system...

@Asgardian02

I wuld never play big games on mobile device. In this way i still think more classical. I love the feeling when sitting down on a console or PC and just playing with a controller in your hand. Some drink by your side and also some snacks. Playing on a phone can never replicate those feelings but kids today love it. Times just change....

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@karloz1995 I think the main reason that Ubisoft chose to tell the story of the origins of the Templars and Assassins is simply because his way they simply have more history to base their games on... Ancient Greece, ancient Egypt, the Vikings. All of that would have been impossible otherwise.

• Yesin069

@hroozenbeek

True. But now it is enough for me. I want assassins back. True assassins from start to finish. It was interesting in Black Flag and Origins but they strechted it too far by now. 😁

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 at least you could play Kenway as an assassin, or is my memory failing me there?

• Yesin069

@kreutzgang

Yes, at least he became an assassin (late in the game) with a pretty nice character shift and great dialogue. Darby McDevitt has done a great job there.

• Outlander1982
    123 posts
    @yesin069 unless you can prove that the majority of "real AC fans" dislike Odyssey, I really think you should stop saying it as it's pure conjecture. Even if you have a majority in x community or whatever, most gamers don't even use forums etc, and you are as likely to find ones where the opposite is said. And yes, I've read your arguments, but it still doesn't change the fact that if we are going to be purists, Valhalla is the least assassin game to date, having the hidden ones or a pointless stealth system just won't change that, and you can actually play Odyssey as an assassin, even if it makes certain aspects of the game like conquest battles a pain in the butt. In addition to that, AC fans now include people who started playing at Origins and later, you'll just have to live with that as at this point it would be a dreadful move for Ubi to revert to classic AC games and lose all of those players. The most you can hope for is that they actually allow us to play as proper assassins in future instalments, without it being a stupid nonsense pain in the neck. When we say we prefer Odyssey or that Valhalla should have built on it, we mean from a gameplay perspective, not that it's better lore wise. I do agree it was mistitled, but irrespective of that, it's simply a much better game than Valhalla, even when it comes to playing as an assassin.

Considering you haven't even got very far in the game, I think you should actually finish it and then see if you still think it's that great. I also legit thought it was better than Odyssey until I was over halfway through, which is when you start getting dumb OP and the repetition gets to you.

big youtubers said Odyssey was [censored] so people follow them even if they didn't play it,people say that game should not exist because it break lore and would eliminate every plot hole in the series,I get that but they should investigate a lot of games before odyssey for the ''plot hole'',it's what happen when you expand so much outside the game you create plot hole or you just messed up whatever concept you introduced in following games,every big series have them,wait until the tv series lol,people say that in odyssey you feel like a god and surprisingly they are fine with Valhalla,you have 75% if not more the same abilities and the game is so easy even at the highest difficulty.Valhalla is Odyssey 2.0.

For me Odyssey was a missed opportunities,if you have not assassin or hidden one,go full order of the ancient,expand there,well we got the weird cult of kosmos instead.

I will judge Valhalla when all the dlc are done but right now,it as is good moment but frankly a lot of the arc are quite boring,the best arc surprisingly are when sigurd,fulke,bassim and Alfred are in it,surprising I cant figure out why,then you have they mysteries on the world map,they don't had anything at all,they are just mostly easter eggs that will put a smile on your face if you figured out what it was.

• Yesin069

@outlander1982

I will also wait for both DLC in Valhalla to judge this game.

If people dislike a game that they didn't play just because some youtuber said it than they should better not talk at all. But if they played all AC titles and dislike Odyssey than it is their right to agree those youtubers.

If you search for plot holes you will always find them. Every AC has them because AC has no lore master that looks over all AC games.
    I don't think the reason why people dislike Odyssey has much to do with plot holes. The whole plot from Odyssey can be thrown away. It added nothing to the main lore, it just tried to destory some established lore (for instance: Animus before: relieving memories with DNA -- Animus now: simulation to be able to play both genders and throw in meaningless decisions). The cult of cosmos isn't important one single bit. Just delete their existince off your mind and it will change nothing. They could have gone more into the templar story but they didn't. They just used the Isu to implement theit power fantasies into AC.

Isu should always be in the background. No need to put whole DLC in their worlds. They should be mysterious and always just used when big revelations happen (like AC2, Botherhood and Revelations endings). The same with the Isu weapons. They were something mysterious and overpowered - this is why we got them just at the ending for short times or when most stuff was done. Now you find an Isu weapon at any corner (in Valhalla even under a random stone at a random place with no proper ingame explanation). Not to forget as microtransactions in Origins as well.

Mjölnir should be a mission exlusive weapon which is so OP that it kills everyone with one hit. Not some normal weapon with normal damage that lets some light shine out of it...

Unity also had this Sword of Eden which we could use as a normal weapon. I really would prefer if they let Isu stuff be OP as it should be and not usable as some normal weapons.

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

@yesin069 That what I said,Odyssey break lore as Valhalla kind of do to,like the event in ac3 and ragnarok is the same event but do not have the same cause....the gender choice in Odyssey debacle could have kind of been evicted,put the default option(how the game was intended to be played) under Kassandra,like they did with Valhalla,you will still get complaint but you get the clear correct choice.

As for the Isu,I wanted to know more but they can stop how they are doing this stuff now,they can expand the lore how they want I'm not the one who make the decisions,If I wanted to do Isu stuff I would do a revelation type of game,searching for books,knowledge,artifacts,mysteries area,ect in the choose era,not going to the actual isu world.

Unity had two weapons,the sword of Eden and I don't remember the exact name and not even sure if it's a Isu sword but it can blind your ennemies,you get it in dead king dlc,Unity is another game which they messed up a concept from the game before that they explicitly and took a big chunk of the game explaining how it should be done.

• shaiwan43
    54 posts

They don't want anyone to know about the update because it's probably going to be unplayable, bugged mess like Yule Festival and they don't want the community backlash. So they will release it and hope nobody plays it 😂 😂 😂 shhhhh! don't tell anyone!

• Yesin069

@outlander1982

You mean the Eagle of Suger sword!

I disliked the possibility to use those weapons in Unity too but Unity respected the lore of AC overall. Parcour and social stealth were at its peak there and just got worse from that point onwords. It would have been better to give us those swords just for the final blows against the end bosses. Uniyt also messed up the modern day but at least they respected the lore mostly.

Origins was ok until the second DLC and Odyssey respected nothing. They just did their game and added Layla and Isu. Valhalla stepped back but still has too much mythology in it. Hopefully with the next game they choose a setting where there isn't that much mythology to play with.

• Yesin069

Update tomorrow!

• Outlander1982
    123 posts
    @outlander1982

You mean the Eagle of Suger sword!

I disliked the possibility to use those weapons in Unity too but Unity respected the lore of AC overall. Parcour and social stealth were at its peak there and just got worse from that point onwords. It would have been better to give us those swords just for the final blows against the end bosses. Uniyt also messed up the modern day but at least they respected the lore mostly.

Origins was ok until the second DLC and Odyssey respected nothing. They just did their game and added Layla and Isu. Valhalla stepped back but still has too much mythology in it. Hopefully with the next game they choose a setting where there isn't that much mythology to play with.

Yeah that the sword.

Will agree to disagree on the parkour,give me the first 4 games parkour mechanic,and I don't agree with Origin respecting stuff,what was done before who predate the game is now gone/invalid to their view,that why I'm not a fan of expended universe,you will find enough contradiction in the games,no need to had more and for the love of god don't kill your main villain in a comic or give a son to one of you protagonist that it's not mention anywhere beside another comics.

My view on the lore,you respect it or you don't period,that wont stop me for liking a game or not but if you introduce a big concept like the freaking sage in bf they made a statue,make you fetch quest a story in a bottle,make a modern day character that explain clearly that he always should look the same and the next game in unity you get germain and beside his isu dreams he think it's de Molay who speak to him,at least make him question himself about that through the game,maybe not in front he's acolytes.

With all that I hope the patch will fix a lot of issues lol

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@yesin069 Oh yes, I agree. It is time for a 'real' Assassin's game. 🙂

• Yesin069
  • Yesin069

Great they add the new skill in the patch that our ship crew will raise their shields. I don't know 1 skill that is more useless...
    Even in river raids i dont think there will be much naval combat. Most likely anyone will go on land and attack directly instead of staying on the ship and raising shields for hours. But at least they added a "many" new skills...

Transmog should have been better here...

• Kormac67
    1023 posts

@yesin069 All new content is useless without a fix for the PC frame rate issue.

• Yesin069

@kormac67

Yes, thats true!

Dom, the community guy for AC said on twitter that the lip-sync bug and Rangars pit item should also be fixed in this patch, even if it isnt mentioned in the patch notes.

• Kormac67
    1023 posts

@yesin069 They always do some changes not mentioned, and some of the "fixed issues" are not fixed at all.
    This time they finally got around to removing the duplicate items and the bow from the vendors' list.

Suggested Topics