Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

When Ubisoft are't capapble of announcing anything, I will try to rise some hopes...even if my hopes are dead for great new content or all bugs getting fixed, without implementing new bugs!

Expected size about 10 GB.

Why can't Ubisoft themselve say something about a patch release soon? Why do we need to search for this stuff? When they had given the patch to Sony for certification, than the patch is done and they already know what will be in it. So give us some hints!

I expect an announcement on wednesday night and a release on thursday. Business as usual...No single word before that!undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@yesin069

its really weird indeed.

You'd expect they would be proud with their made content and thus would love to share some detail with us.

• Yesin069

@asgardian02

There is still the possibility that the patch is too broken that Sony will say "No, you cannot release this!" but this usally never happens. So the patch is finished and ready to go.

Maybe they are still writing down patch notes but Ubisoft always releases patches monthly and should start writing down patch notes as patches progress. Sadly they are doing nothing. This is work that the Community Managers should do, so where are the infos? River raids where hyped as the new messiah and should bring lots of content, so where is a trailer or some info?

If they say nothing i expect nothing great. The greatest thing will surely be the three leaked skills that we can already use when playing offline. Other than that, just repeatable raids they will feel the same as the ones we already played. Just with some leveling Jomsvikings...yeahhh! I couldn't care less.

Hopefully they add transmog and fix a lot of bugs. These are the only things i am waiting for. 🙄

• TheeElf
    278 posts

@yesin069 People are going to complain no matter what. If Ubi posted a post yesterday saying the new patch is being uploaded but you need to wait a week, people would complain saying you already uploaded it why can't we have it now. They have a process and they follow it. They did the same thing with 1.1.0 and 1.1.1, so not sure why we would expect something different with 1.2.0. The files were uploaded and posted on the PlayStation Game Size channel and a week later they released. You are more than likely right that we would expect to see a post one day with a release the following morning.

• Kormac67
    939 posts

@yesin069 Yeah, Jorraptor made a video about it late yesterday evening.

• BruceHillRacing
    41 posts

@yesin069 its really weird indeed.You'd expect they would be proud with their made content and thus would love to share some detail with us.

Exactly this

• Yesin069

@theeelf

You are absolutely right but Valhalla is a pretty flawed game for many that stopped playing and waiting for a fix for there problems. It wouldn't kill them to announce the new patch. We all know that Sony and Microsoft test those patches before release and that this process takes a few days. So they can announce the patch for next week with a little mention of the biggest features in this patch.

It wouldn't kill them if they change their running formula for a game that started with a lot of bugs and got nearly no new content since release.

Just because they always do it, it doesn't mean that it is a great formula. People who would complain after they would announce the patch today are just not able to understand that the patch now is out of Ubisofts hands and if this certification process wouldn'T be, we would get the patch today.

I am also not annoyed because they don't release the patch for PC now because on PC there are no certification processes. They can push the patch out now on Ubisoft Connect but i know that they want parity for all platforms, so i wait.

I just want some more communication from Ubisoft's side.

• TheeElf
    278 posts

@yesin069 And you are absolutely right. A little stronger communication with the player base on a regular basis wouldn't hurt. There are members on the Discord group but communication about progress is limited even there. A big point you make is that some people are not able to understand when things are out of their hands. The patch is out there waiting to be verified prior to release similar to smartphone app stores. Likewise, the development team is already working on the next patch. They have bugs/work items already targeted for the next build. So hypothetically speaking, when you have a near 75% full schedule for the next patch, what happens when you get unexpected cases, new bugs, etc. that pop up. Based on severity, criticality, etc. you prioritize them which then means some of the stuff you originally targeted for the next patch gets pushed back because of another more critical item. I guess my point is while some seem to have a grasp on the release process a lot don't have a good understanding of the schedule, development, and internal test process.

Each of us have our own priority list. I'd love for fish to be fixed but the impact to the game / story is minimal compared to main quest bugs that prevent progress. Am I annoyed fish haven't been fixed yet? Yes. Do I understand why? Absolutely. But me flooding the forums with new threads about issues that are already known won't make it any more of a priority or get fixed any sooner. After the last set of patches, it seems like they have their schedule set on a monthly release with the middle of the month typically being the release timeframe. So they get a solid sprint of 2 weeks development, 1 week of testing / post-test development fixes, and then 1 week post-release for verification. There's a lot of moving parts in the development world.

Enough rambling from me haha. Here's hoping to some awesome fixes and new content coming our way next week!

• Yesin069

@theeelf

Hopefully it will be grat but i don't think so. 😊

I can just compare Valhalla to other games and the patches they got. They react faster to bugs and if a new patch adds new small bugs they release a hotfix a few days after. The lip-sync bug should never be a fix that we wait 1 month for. Other devs would have fixed this in a hotfix some days after.

I understand how this patch processes work but i also know Ubisoft isn't some small indie dev. They clearly have the manpower and should make patches smaller and faster instead of bigger and monthly. This reduces the likelyhood of new bugs and makes testing easier. Also the buyers don't feel left alone when they need to wait a whole month for small (or big bugs) to get fixed that were introduced with the prior patch.

I just want to play a game with just some minor bugs - this is all! Communication would help us all to know when we should expect stuff. The only thing we can always expect from Ubisoft are microtransactions every 2 or 3 weeks and a monthly patch that fixes some things, also breaks some new things and MAYBE adds a feature that you care about. This is why the monthly updates need to make a comeback to give us info about what comes this month.

• Yesin069

I also think the thread title is wrong. I don't know how to change it but the patch will more likely be called 1.1.2. Patch 1.2.0 will be season 2 in march. Sorry!

Ubi-Woofer Edit: I gotchu! 😉 Title updated!

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@yesin069

you cant change a post once the 5minute timer has expired. This is super frustrating, as often i was editing a post but the timer then expired and i still couldnt post it.

• longjohn119
    930 posts
    @asgardian02

There is still the possibility that the patch is too broken that Sony will say "No, you cannot release this!" but this usally never happens. So the patch is finished and ready to go.

Maybe they are still writing down patch notes but Ubisoft always releases patches monthly and should start writing down patch notes as patches progress. Sadly they are doing nothing. This is work that the Community Managers should do, so where are the infos? River raids where hyped as the new messiah and should bring lots of content, so where is a trailer or some info?

If they say nothing i expect nothing great. The greatest thing will surely be the three leaked skills that we can already use when playing offline. Other than that, just repeatable raids they will feel the same as the ones we already played. Just with some leveling Jomsvikings...yeahhh! I couldn't care less.

Hopefully they add transmog and fix a lot of bugs. These are the only things i am waiting for. 🙄

So true .... After the Cyberpunk refund debacle I imagine Sony has gotten really picky about releases and updates and are likely testing them with a lot more scrutiny than they used to

• Yesin069

At least Ubisoft postet a picture on Twitter. Better than nothing I guess... 🙄 🙄

undefined

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@yesin069 tuesday 16 february 2021

• Yesin069

@karloz1995

Where is this info from? Usually Ubisoft releases patches on thursday or friday. Tuesday is just for microtransactions and Reda.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@yesin069

you cant change a post once the 5minute timer has expired. This is super frustrating, as often i was editing a post but the timer then expired and i still couldnt post it.

• Yesin069

@asgardian02

Thank you for the info!

• show_stoppa
    57 posts

@asgardian02

Have seen this with Div 2 where they actually posted patch notes after patch was released and then fixed those 2 days later too. Usually happens cuz of work from home, the person in charge of writing notes has to interact with alot of different people and then compile everything based on what was pushed in the patch and what wasnt.

• Yesin069

@show_stoppa

I know that but i don't let this pass for big companys like Ubisoft. They have a lot of community managers and people working in the PR departement. They know their pach release dates mostly one month ahead because they always release patches monthly.

I would excuse this if they put out fast patches but they always take long time to release a patch so they need to do their work. When it is your job to make patch notes, than talk to the people who give you the change logs. It isn't that hard to communicate in the time we live in. It is more complicated to work on game fixes and content but communication isnt' that hard.

Other Ubisoft games also have different patch cycles. Watch Dogs: Legion got 7 or 8 patches (some PC exclusive), Valhalla got just 3. So this seems to be a bigger problem for the AC teams. Strange, because AC always has the most people working on it because it is the best selling IP from Ubisoft.

Ubisoft shouldn't be treated like some Indie dev. They are huge and make a ton of money with those games and even more with microtransactions, so they should get their stuff together.

The devs try their best to fix the game and can't release patches at their own will. But the community staff should show more engagement and ask for this stuff to maybe get it out some days sooner.

• Kormac67
    939 posts

It is very annoying how they share info on Twitter of all places but not on their official forum.
    You would think one of the "CMs" could repost them here.

Suggested Topics