Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Fudz4
    Original poster 26 posts

Is it findable in Vinland? Clearly, Eivor sets sail for North America in his final days but was wondering if there was an easter egg whereby we could find the modern-day cabin but 1200+ years ago 😛

Perhaps in one of the expansions, we will know why he died in North America.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AlphaGoose46219
    157 posts

@fudz4 Checked whole area around the dig side (ISU door) for hidden clue's, found nothing yet.
    Didn't found any location in Vinland where you can say; this will be the place of the cabin.
    The place will certainly have meaning in the expansions.
    Wouldn't be surprised if someone at the end of story will bring the staff to Eivors bones.................

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@fudz4 Yes, the location can be found. It's the one with the cairns. It has changed a lot in these 1000+ years (there was a lake where there is now dry land next to the cabin), but it's still recognizable if you look closely. If you search around, you'll even find the location of Eivor's future grave, which is marked with 'sparkles' when using Odin's Sight.

And we all hope a later update will explain why Eivor is buried in Vinland.

• Kormac67
    613 posts

@fudz4 When you leave the Animus and go with Layla to the view point with the lawn chairs you can still see Eivor's cairn stones there. This is the location of the cairn near the western waypoint in Vinland.

• Kormac67
    613 posts
    And we all hope a later update will explain why Eivor is buried in Vinland.

I wonder how they will pull that one off. Yeah, an explanation is needed of course. But if she dies - what happens to your game then? Over?
    Or will she make a testament like "when I die some day ship my rotting body all the way to Vinland and transport it to the middle of nowhere near the cairn I made because that's a nice place to get buried"?
    Or will she get expelled from Ravensthorpe and move to Vinland to live and die as a Hermit there? That way you also can't do any "repeatable content" any more.

They could have set up their present day house in rural England and excavated her from Ravensthorpe cemetery.

• Sam_Boo26
    147 posts

I don't think they have to make her die on screen to make us understand why she's buried in Vinland (It would also be complicated with the animus), but I hope we'll know how she ended up there. Maybe she'll go back to Vinland at the end of the last DLC and finished her days there, but I'd really like to know.

• Fudz4
    Original poster 26 posts

@hroozenbeek Cheers, found the place, pretty cool to see it in modern and historic times. Thanks everyone.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kormac67 Just maybe Ubisoft wanted to add some (more) mystery to the game. If that is so, they succeeded because we've all been wondering about this! But still, I like to know why.

• Dioman80
    5 posts

I think Eivor just retired to Vinland and died their just like Altair died in Masyaf. He probably fled there after Alfred and his successors pushed the rest of the vikings out.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics