Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ruken88
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis hey, I got the same problem. I just opened a ticket and submitted my save files. I just hope we get a solution soon :x

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

Hey there everyone, and thank you all very much for your patience! I sincerely apologize for the time taken to get back to this thread, but we greatly appreciate your continued updates regarding this issue! The Game team has been able to reproduce this issue and has been working to resolve this. I do not have a timeframe of when this will be resolved, however please know that this is being actively worked on. As soon as we have more information to provide, we should update this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for future updates and thank you all for your continued patience!

Official Response
  • Kereothakol
    1 posts

@ubikobold As of 13.05 (1.2.1; PC; RU version) I got the same issue with "This son of Jorvik". After speaking with Faravid he makes few steps to his horse (which is presummoned before talking to him - I don't know if it is the case) and stops. When I mount my horse OR his horse (I can't interact with her before talking the the guy but can after) nothing works except mouse-look, Faravid doesn't move. Doesn't matter if I drink before or not. If I don't mount and try to leave the area, the game forces me to go back to the camp.
    I have no autosaves before getting the quest - THUS I CAN'T PROCEED WITH THE STORY. I haven't found the issue in both "to do" list and in "resolved" list here.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

@kereothakol Thank you for letting us know that you have experienced this issue as well. The Game team has been working towards a resolution, but I am so sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. Please keep a look out for further updates, and thank you for all of your patience during these times.

Official Response
  • drsal
    2 posts

@ubikobold I’m also facing this bug. “Glad” there are others with the same game-ending bug and hoping that it will be resolved soon. Purchased the PS5 version on top of my PC version. Both versions have the same bug.

It’s funny that the game marker is 4000+ metres away! Perhaps that’s where Faravid’s horse is …

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello there @drsal! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble in "This Son of Jorvik" on both platforms you own the game on. The development team have been working towards finding a resolution for this issue, and hope to deploy a fix in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released. As soon as we have more information to share, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum. Hopefully Faravid will be ready to follow you on horseback soon!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • lachy1993
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "This Son of Jorvik" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "This Son of Jorvik" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Ruken88
    4 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Hey, I'm still encountering the exact same error after the patch.
    One horse is missing, Faravid doesn't move and once I get into the other horse I can't move. : /

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @Ruken88,

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. I'll reopen it with the development team, but first, can I kindly ask you on what platform are you currently playing and can you please share with us a short video of this instance?

Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • xTheGodOfWarx
    15 posts

It says it was fixed in the patch notes but when I complete the quest I still get nothing after words. The story still doesn’t progress. What is going on? Please tell me there is still a fix for this?

• ImoonMonkys
    1 posts

@ubi-mark Hey just wanted to let you know i am also encountering the same error after the patch.
    Farvid's horse does spawn but kinda on a tent.. once i get on the horse i can only move my camera... im playing on pc. will try repairing game files and see what happens.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 217 posts

@xthegodofwarx Hey there, the issue that was reported for this mission had been resolved in the patch, and yours may be presenting a different issue. Are you able to roll back to an earlier save and try the quest again, but take a video in case the issue recurs? This will help us investigate the issue further.

Official Response
  • xTheGodOfWarx
    15 posts

I have a save before you fight the thugs at the bar and I’ve tried multiple times even tried reinstalling the game after I complete the quest, my character does not say “ faravid will be waiting for me at stenwege” the quest doesn’t progress and faravid comes walking back in. Not sure what else to try I seen it was resolved but clearly there still something wrong and I noticed when I complete this son of Jorvik and go into the quest log there is 2 chapter 3’s assuming this is suppose to be chapter 4 in the quest chain. Not sure what else to do I’ve been stuck on this bug for 5 months and thought there was hope when I finally saw it in the patch notes @ubikoreanbbq

• xTheGodOfWarx
    15 posts

If I were to take a video do I post it here and how would I know u will look at it normally u guys only respond once @ubikoreanbbq

• drsal
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank for the update. Faravid has finally found his horse ...

• Ruken88
    4 posts

@Ubi-Mark I'm playing on PC. Here is the video if that helps

As you can see, the horse won't spawn and Farvid won't move at all. Once you get into your horse, you can't move .... in other words, you get stuck.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@xTheGodOfWarx - We've already spoken in the new thread you've created. I'd recommend communicating in your thread if you have any further questions or concerns, as it's a slightly different issue to the issue being investigated in this thread 🙂

@ImoonMonkys - I'm sorry to hear you're still encountering trouble in "This Son of Jorvik." If you're still unable to get Faravid to jump onto his horse after verifying your game files, please can you send us a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

@drsal - I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you 😄 Thanks for the update!

@Ruken88 - Thanks so much for sending us a video. I've now passed on your report to the development team and reopened the investigation into "This Son of Jorvik."

If anyone else is still affected by this issue following the release of TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to share your report with us in this thread. Please include a video with the information requested above, as this is helpful for the reopened investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • mayyas94
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis I have the same issue as @Ruken88 but in my stead, the white horse is not spawning and the black horse is. And if I get on the black horse the game is stuck. That's happening even after the new update.

Come on please fix this damn quest this is unreal

@Ubi-Mark

• mayyas94
    5 posts

@ruken88 Facing the same issue but I have a black horse spawning instead of the white one. In my scenario the white horse is not spawning

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics