Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3931 posts

Hello there @mayyas94! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're still encountering trouble in "This Son of Jorvik." The investigation into this quest has been reopened, and the development team are currently investigating further.

Would you be able to send us a video of what you're experiencing in-game? In particular, we would be interested in seeing the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That you're still unable to proceed with the horse race in "This Son of Jorvik."

We can then pass this video along to the development team to assist in the ongoing investigation.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • mayyas94
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis Alright will attached a video in 5 hours

• Ubi-Borealis

No worries, @mayyas94! Please feel free to send us a video when it's convenient for you.

I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, and sharing a link with us in this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • mayyas94
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis, I have attached the video of my experience. In the end, you can see the patch note.

Please, I don't want to wait 5 months for such an update. If there is a way to skip this buggy quest, I would love to skip it.

• mayyas94
    5 posts
  • Ubi-Borealis

Thanks so much for sending us a video, @mayyas94! I apologise for the delayed response. I've passed on this video the the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

Please note that there is currently no plans to introduce a "reset/restart quest" feature. The development team have provided an explanation for this:

Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed.

Rest assured that the investigation into this issue has been reopened, and the development team are investigating further. As soon as we have any new updates to share with you regarding "This Son of Jorvik," these will be shared within the forums as soon as we are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • REdge27
    1 posts

Currently having this same exact issue on Xbox Series X. Cannot continue the game any further, Is there a work around in the future ?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @REdge27! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're still affected by this issue following the release of TU 1.2.2. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us.

The development team have reached out to us with an update, and I'm happy to announce that they intend to deploy a fix for "This Son of Jorvik" in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is to be released. Once we have more definite information to share, it will be shared within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ruken88
    5 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Hi, any news on this issue?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Ruken88!

Thanks for reaching out! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when the fix for "This Son of Jorvik" will be deployed. Rest assured that as soon as we have more confirmed information available to share from the development team, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ruken88
    5 posts

Hi @Ubi-Borealis the bug is solved in the new patch. I just tested it and it works as intended. Thanks again.

• ImoonMonkys
    3 posts

Ive had this problem since the last update and as of 1.3.0 i went back to Faravid to see if i could finally could complete this quest and move on with the main story but his horse is still standing on a tent and once i drink and go to get on my horse nothing happens.. he stands still and I cant move my horse or do anything other then close the game...

• ImoonMonkys
    3 posts

i posted a video to youtube to show my problem

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@Ruken88 - I'm glad to hear that this issue has been resolved for you following the release of TU 1.3.0! Thanks for updating us 😄

@ImoonMonkys - I'm sorry to hear that this issue still occurs for you following the deployment of the fix in TU 1.3.0. Thank you for taking the time to capture and send us a video of the issue. I've now passed this along to the development team and reopened the investigation into this issue with "This Son of Jorvik." If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out to you within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • iski_95
    2 posts

@ubi-swaggins I have a similar problem, i can’t to run with the horse and Faravid

@ubi-borealis i have the bug with the patch 1.3.1 why?

• iski_95
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @iski_95! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble with "This Son of Jorvik." Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us. The development team have been notified of this issue occuring in-game, and are currently investigating what could be potentially preventing Faravid from getting onto his horse further. I've now shared your report with the team as part of the ongoing investigations.

Once we have any updates to share regarding "This Son of Jorvik," we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics