Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• penumbra87
    8 posts

I have hit a game breaking bug in this quest. After speaking to faravid I'm supposed to race him to jorvik, however he just stands there doing nothing. If I get on my horse I also bug and am unable to move. The quest marker also points off in a random direction that does not appear to be on the map. This is preventing me from completing this quest arc, with 100+ hours spent in the game so I'd like to be able to complete it! I've recorded a video:

I've tried reloading, switching gender, traveling to Norway and back, exiting the animus, and nothing has helped.
    Edit: I have also tried swapping to a different area, completed the glowcestrescire arc and came back and still no joy.

• sander240176
    1 posts

when i have had a drink
    i need do a race back to jorvik
    but as soon as i mount a horse or try to walk to jorvik
    the game get stuck
    i have tried to reload they quest and saved game
    i have tried swith gender

• penumbra87
    8 posts

Any chance of some feedback on this issue? I have now completed the snotinghamscire arc as well so nothing left to do without this being resolved.

• penumbra87
    8 posts

I am also suffering from this issue. 120 hours in to the game and I'm unable to complete it, very disappointing.

• U_MOEKE69
    2 posts

If you reload a save from an hour or more before you got the mission it will work again (for me it did at least)!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3839 posts

Hello all!

I've merged a few duplicate threads about this issue together, so I apologise if this has broken up any ongoing discussions. By creating one thread about this issue, this allows us to keep all information and updates in one place.

I can see that the development team has been made aware of this issue, and they're currently investigating further. At this moment in time, the team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save for investigation. Once you've opened a support ticket, please can you share the ticket number within this thread so we can ensure it's forwarded correctly. Thanks! 😊

@penumbra87 - Thanks for the video! I've passed this along for further investigation.

Official Response
  • penumbra87
    8 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Is it possible to share a save from the PS5 version, or is this only available on PS4 and PC?
    @U_MOEKE69 Thanks for the suggestion, I did consider that but unfortunately I didn't think of it until all of my autosaves got used up with stuff after I started this quest, and my last manual save is from 80 hours ago 😞

• Ubi-Borealis

Hey there @penumbra87!

At this moment, it's only possible to collect save files from PS4 and PC. Thank you for offering, though!

Official Response
  • penumbra87
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Will this issue be able to be progressed without my save file? Hopefully someone else can upload theirs. It's been a month and I'm really keen to know when/if I'm going to be able to progress with my game... just want to reiterate how disappointing it is to spend £80 on a game that is just broken.

• Ubi-Borealis

@penumbra87 - Please be assured that the development team are still investigating this issue, even if you're unable to upload your own save. We've been able to collect reports from other players as well. Any additional save files are helpful, but we understand that not all players are able to provide these.

If any other players within this thread are able to provide a save file, we would encourage them to do so by opening a support ticket and submitting their save. Thank you!

Official Response
  • penumbra87
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated 😊

• dpotts86
    1 posts

I’m also having this issue on my PS5. I even created a cloud save and tried it on my ps4, but same thing.

• BabasBabbie
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • BabasBabbie
    3 posts

I got it to work .. Save right at the point of talking to him. If there are not two horses present it will bug out . Keep loading till two horses appear . It just worked for me but took a long time and a lot of quitting to title screen restarting ps5. Then I just got bored and thought f it and just kept reloading the save and one time there was two horses and it worked straight away .. Hope this helps someone

• WAY2SEA
    2 posts

How come that you are able to solve this bug? Is a part of the main quest and needed to finish the game. so please....

• WAY2SEA
    2 posts

Having problems with the quest "This son of Jorvik" as many other! This quest is part of main quest, and I cannot proceed my journey until this bug are fixed! PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

• iGotti
    1 posts

@Ubi-Swaggins any update from the development team on this issue? I would prefer not to make a whole new save to bypass it when I have about 60+hrs on my current one.

• penumbra87
    8 posts

Following today's patch I've just loaded up my game and can confirm that the horses spawned correctly and I am now able to proceed with this quest.

• LJB93x
    2 posts

Anybody got a fix for this yet?

• lucasburi500
    1 posts

I'm still unable to do this quest on ps4, after the cut scene conversation Faravid just stands in front of the horse and Eivor sits on his own horse and the pad doesn't respond to anything but the camera movement. Please solve this so I can finish the game, this is the last province I have left to do

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics