Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Trace9723
    Original poster 2 posts

I'm currently on the This Son of Jorvik quest and unfortunately Faravid refuses to get on his own horse and just stares off into the distance. When I hop on my horse I freeze in place, the game wants me to hop on HIS horse that also freezes out the quest. I cannot progress past this point in any way shape or form.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 420 posts

@trace9723 I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this quest.

Can you please provide us with a brief video detailing this? When you say the game freezes, do you mean because you cannot progress or that your game actually freezes and you have to hard reset?

Official Response
  • Trace9723
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-swaggins

I mean that I can no longer control Eivor, he sits on his horse, Faravid just stands there and it does not progress. I have to quit to title, but it is not a hard freeze. As for a video give me a few hours and I'll have one posted.

• ThruRickandThin
    1 posts

I am also having this issue and I cannot progress the game.

• iSuckatLife12
    2 posts

I am also having this issue as of today.

eivor can mount either horse, and then no control works. Cannot use raven, world map, or anything.

it seems the AI gets to the marked horse after drinking, and gets stuck. I have tried reloading saves, doing other side quests and coming back, changing equipped gear, changing dialogue answers preceding the bug - nothing works.

wanted to bump this post as it’s still happening.

• guest-tPn8k0b2
    1 posts

When I go to meet Faravid at the Wolds he invites Eivor to start a drunk horse race however after the cutscene Faravid runs into the back of his horse and does not mount his horse. If you mount your horse then you are unable to move or dismount the horse leaving you softlocked and having to go back to the title screen to reload the game. Despite numerous restarts and reloads I cannot progress past this point as Faravid never mounts his horse as he should following the cut scene.

• sammo078
    1 posts

Yes I am also having this bug issue! (ps4) This game has been a nightmare, constantly crashing with various error codes and now a game freeze at 107hrs in. Never had a game this bad before, expect more for £60!!

• dudley292020
    1 posts

@guest-tpn8k0b2 I got the same problem I really can not go further with my game.

• justinkayce44
    3 posts

@ubi-swaggins I'm having the same issue, is there seriously no fix for this? I'm 100 hours in, there's nothing I can do to fix this or proceed, and this bug isn't in the addressed bug megapost or ones currently being looked at by the dev team? What am I supposed to do here

• justinkayce44
    3 posts

At the start of the quest, when Faravid challenges you to the drunken horse race, I can't continue. As soon as the cutscene where you greet Faravid ends, Faravid walks a few metres and stands still as there's no horse for him. If I try to move Eivor past Faravid, whether I've drunk from the barrel or not, Eivor glitches and locks into place, continuously walking without going anywhere. Fast travel is unavailable, so I can't escape. Reloaded plenty of times, nothing has fixed it. Completely locked down the game for me, can't progress past.

• justinkayce44
    3 posts

@justinkayce44 If Eivor is off their horse and I walk towards this invisible barrier that bugs me out, they start running automatically east towards an also bugged quest marker? doesn't appear on the map and certainly isn't in jorvik. I mostly can't control them apart from interacting with loot, but unlike being on the horse, I can access the menus - just still can't fast travel

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@justinkayce44 Are you totally stuck in that zone? If you can move, try fetching a horse to him, then call your horse. See if that works.

• shop73502F058
    1 posts

I got the same bug for the first time (this is my 3rd playthrough).
    Tried reloading, deselecting mission and traveling to Norway & back to England, tried bringing Faravid a horse from Jorvik stables (the horses don't even spawn for me), nothing works.
    FYI I did not encounter this bug on my previous playthroughs before patch 1.1.0
    This is now the 3rd game breaking bug I have encountered (with 1 big bug per playthrough... at least with Bethesda games you get the same bugs every time but Valhalla is trying to keep us on our toes I guess)... 60€ for this? Come on.

• U_MOEKE69
    2 posts

I have the same problem.
    Please fix ASAP because it's impossible to progress.

• michaelajbuplay
    3 posts

Me too. I've tried everything but can't get Faravid to get on his horse. Like the others I'm over 100 hours in the game and would like to finish it.

• Gregsy71
    1 posts

Me too (ps5) i’ve completely given up trying to load the game now i’m on the verge of deleting it,which is a shame as i’ve enjoyed it so far but it’s pointless if i can’t continue the story.

• omg1tz3lmo312
    1 posts

Having the same issue currently! No horses in the camp at all. If I get on my mount I can’t move, use raven, check map or anything. Can only quit to title. Faravid is just staring off. First major bug I have encountered other than loading the game and being drunk everywhere.

• bamse765
    1 posts

Me too!!! is there a solution to this problem??

• michaelajbuplay
    3 posts
    @trace9723 I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this quest.

Can you please provide us with a brief video detailing this? When you say the game freezes, do you mean because you cannot progress or that your game actually freezes and you have to hard reset?

Hey! Is there ever going to be a solution to this problem? I was really hoping for one with the latest patch, but the same problem still exists.

• sanzac
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins same here, pc version. the horse Faravid should ride is not spawned. so I,m stucked when I hop on my horse. tried a clean installation, didn't worked

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics