Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dj0rdje12
    Original poster 36 posts

I beat the game month ago but I forgot to ask this question.

Why we are not given option chose to kill or spare king Alfred in the end of final mission ? Everything he did in entire game gets forgiven within some 5 minutes talk. This is stupid and we should have been given option to chose or at least be able to kill him in DLC.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@dj0rdje12 How king Alfred died is unknown, he was 50/51 and suffered throughout his life with a painful illness (Wiki).
    So it must be possible to kill him in the game, but with the lack of any serious choice of course not!

• Max18400
    410 posts

@alphagoose46219 King Alfred died of an illness (suspected as either bowl cancer or krohns disease) in late 899 or early 900.
    He is also the Anglo-Saxon king who is credited as defeating the vikings, establishing an English kingdom and re-enforcing Christianity in wessex and west Mercia. The game's narrative ends in 878.l just before Alfred completely routes the vikings from wessex.
    I know the game p****s on historical accuracy 90% of the time, but killing Alfred 21 years before his actual death would be too extreme considering how he's one of the most successful and famous 'English' Kings.
    Just to clarify, I've got 2 degrees an BA and MA on England in the viking age so I'm not just blowing hot air out of my a**

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@dj0rdje12 in real life the english were defending their land, and the vikings the invaders, i like this game but some times the plot in the game is kind of ridiculous, i laugh when eivor or other vikings in this game gets mad when some relative of them gets killed in battle, they get angry at the english, screaming vengeances...like dude you are the one invading their nation, declared war and looting their villages... so no hahahahaha i didnt like how they antagonist the victims.. but anyways is just a game..

• Max18400
    410 posts

@karloz1995 i mean, there weren't two sides of the conflict, and it certainly wasn't as black and white, but ultimately you are right.

Suggested Topics