1 Likes/4 Replies/42 ViewsOriginal poster martygod12 237 posts
The loot/reward system really needs to be revisited and reworked altogether. I am not playing for a while, but as I can remember I could see where some new armors sets could be implemented and correct me if I am wrong.
- we dont need random loot like in Odyssey it could be fixed, but there just must be more of it and it should be introduced as rewards for various activities from quests to boss fights
- give us at least 3-4 armor sets obtainable as rewards for doing main quests/story, which you will get throughout the game
- give us 2 sets for eliminating Zealots and Order members ... this is most ridiculous and stupid when you fight a zealot which could be really tough and you get nothing for it ... just make them drop a piece of gear which will make a set together like Cultists did in Odyssey
- give us 3 sets which you could buy from merchants around the world (some more common maybe something like NPCs have)
- give us a roman themed set for completing roman artifacts side activity ... preferably late 4-5. century roman army style as it would fit better into the time period (look at Total War Atilla for inspiration for example)
- give us a armor set for completing all raids in each kingdom, those are four sets in total and even non repeatable raids could be fun even in late game
- give us a hunter themed set for completing legendary animals
- drengrs okay you get runes for killing them but is it really enough? give us a 1 armor set for killing all of them
- treasures of britain - again you get excalibur for collecting them all, but why dont give us also an armor set along the way, you have to complete like 8 of them and reward is only one weapons, otherwise its just a useless tablet and even more useless skill point, so one set here too please
- give us one set for completing treasure maps
- and give us 2-3 sets for doing other things like world events etc. they will be carefully and logically placed around the world
Thats just those I can think of, feel free to add more. This will take us around 30 sets in total with those already in game, thats a good number good variety good options, but most importantly it would make the game rewarding and the exploration fun again.
JCar4327 606 posts
@martygod12 I like your suggestions, but I find the fact that the best weapons in the game are not available until you complete the game; talking about the Isu weapons. Those weapons should be obtainable much earlier in the game, but at this point I don't see a way for them to fix that. I just don't get the logic of locking those weapons behind quests that you can't complete until the very end of the game when there is likely very little to do.
Asgardian02 1932 posts
Ill say it again:
without random loot there is no need for replayable content.
After all once everything is upgraded your once more left with nothing to do and nothing to strife for.
What would be the point to kill zealots of other enemies over and over again if you cant get anything from them thats worth your while??
I reckon once you have upgraded stuff that can be upgraded within this new content frame your pretty soon done for anyway.
Games that revolve around a live service frame and that wants you to keep playing (the ones that are succesfull anyway) all revolve around a good loot system, with random loot in various types: rare, magic, epic, legendaries, legendary sets and uniques.
Also they have a good skill tree that alows for various builds, which this games doesnt have.
Those games also have many different difficulty settings in which you can progress, again this is where loot comes back into play. For higher difficulty settings you will need better loot.
Anyway i feel like a broken record at this point.
You all want old ac games, but with features that other games have, yet those two arent compatible