0 Likes/2 Replies/38 ViewsOriginal poster willempthegreat 1 posts
I regularly do a manual save because of the crashing of the game. The game randomly would freeze and when I restart all my manual and autosaved games for the last about 24 hours are gone.
As an example, I was playing Vinland last night until 23:30. I started again today and played for about 4 hours completing Vinland and going back. I did a manual save before I stopped. When I wanted to carry on (about 4 hours later - the Xbox remained on) all the sound was gone. I exited the game and started again and it took me back to last'night 23:30. I checked my saved games and all the autosaves and manual saves since last night were gone. 4 hours wasted and I have to redo.
This is probably the 7th or 8th time this has happened to me. Sometimes the game will crash and saved games are lost when I restart.
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 3847 posts
Hello there @willempthegreat! Welcome to the forums
I'm sorry to hear that you're losing your save progress. To help us to take a closer look at this, please can you provide us with the following informatoin:
- You mention that your game freezes. Does your game crash at all? Are any error messages shown?
- How often have you lost progress? Does it happen every time you play, or after a certain amount of playtime?
- What was the last action/quest performed in-game?
- Are you relying on auto save or do you mainly use manual?
- How much playtime (in hours) have you lost?
- Are you using the Quick Resume feature? Or do you normally load a manual save when starting the game?
- When did this first begin?