Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

I am so confused right now, it says you need to lvl 408 to be able to go on river raids.

No i am lvl540 and i play on drengr so i am like, yeah lets do this.

Then instead of getting some decent loot i get minor runes?? [censored] is that? Normal chests hold only 60-70 leather and iron instead of 150, so thats a bummer.

When raiding a fort of monastery, the enemies dont even come towards you to attack you. My Jomvikings kill then with 1 hit.
    This a joke really and no challenge at all.

Now all that we can work for are some cosmetics, why would we care for that? I dont care for cosmetics to my ship nor some more tatoos.

I hoped there would at least be various difficulty stages as it said in the patch notes, but i guess i got fooled once more.
    Nothing is mentioned on how to upgrade Jomsvikings either and such.

Pre river raids, i farmed tugnsten of which i have over 250 bars, so getting 1 from a river raids is far from rewarding ๐Ÿ˜ž

Then the new set within the river raids is just a reskin of the Thegn set... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Meanwhile all my gear has ben reset some even to bronze (i had everything maxed out) and my pants are still not fixed, as in it drops below my butt :((

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02

Also:

• you cant seem to use your raven
    • there are no map icons, just the red raid icons.
    • before you can start a raid you have to walk a mile to a fort and then later back
    • once again you can skipp all content by just direct opening a big chest which results in the raid to be completed.
    • there are barely any enemies to face...
    • be prepared for more puzzles and even locks on minor chests...

The new skills on the skill tree feel really out of place. All other skill where set within a constellation frame, yet these 6 were just added as an after thought it seems.

• martygod12
    237 posts

its dissapointing, terrible, awful ... really just [censored] them at this point this game is done and beyond repair ... Ubisoft clearly dont give a [censored] about opinions and feedback from the players, only effort they put into the store

• Asgardian02

@martygod12

At this point i am glad i havent purchased the season pass yet, and i wont do so for sure.

• martygod12
    237 posts

@asgardian02 Iam so dissapointed I got fooled again and hoped they could bring it at least with the post launch content, but yule festival is timed buggy garbage and river raids are terrible also.

What I am most curious is where is this great replayability they talked about, once you get the gear set a new skills why even doing the raids again? You just grind mats again at that point. So the replayability really means that you need to complete the same map 3-4 times to get the gear and thats it...

• Asgardian02

@martygod12

The only thing that is being added to increase so-called difficulty is chains and the like on the actual river. Which is just really tedious.
    Not only do you have to sail for ages to be able to raid the next spot from when you last left, but now you have to break chains and stuff.

This makes the entire experience even more boring and tiresome.

I somehow hoped for increasingly harder difficulties like torment 1-16 as in Diablo3 or the greater rift idea. Sadly not the case.
    The enemies are still super stupid and just stand around waiting fro you to kill them.

For these river raids your using a different ship as opposed to sailing through England, so thats what those ship designs are for.
    To customize the river raid ship vs the normal campaign ship.

The replay value is very tedious, its just to haul back more cargo, upgrade your river raid ship and get cosmetics.

Why any1 would care for that in a single player game is beyond me.
    Why couldnt they have made various hard modes where it woul dhave actually been a challenge.
    Or special river raid loot or something so you would then be able to face these higher difficulties.

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

Also, I switched up the default crew to the Jomsvikings I recruited off other players, and at that point they start dropping like flies and all I'm doing is running around looking for food to revive them (as starting a raid resets your rations) and reviving them. What's the point in them if it's easier to do this stuff solo and they are nothing but a liability?

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

At this point i ditched the ship and just go on horseback to the raid locations,
    Solo everything for a tiny bit of challenge and then use my horn so i can open chests and doors.

Its silly, that should be faster in theory, yet you cant use your mount on these maps, just as you cant your raven.

Its like i said in a another post, Ubisoft does everything for you to have less amount of fun.

Your crew doesnt even sing songs nor tell stories.

You cant fast travel to your ship either, so you have to swim to release certain fortification, after a raid is done you to run all the way back to your ship etc.
    This is all very tedious.

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

@asgardian02 Oh you can do that? Good idea, as being the medic for dumb Jomsvikings is a pain ๐Ÿ˜„

• martygod12
    237 posts

The sad part is that there is stil a great amount of people who are loving it. So Ubisoft doesnt even have to try.

• kreutzgang
    600 posts

I came across a turkey. Thought they were from America. ๐Ÿ˜„

• Jaroskii
    2 posts

Sorry to say that, but I found it very challenging.
    I tried two times it already and failed both.
    Once I almost finished it, but game crashed. On my 2nd attempt it crashed after 2nd village.

>> Improved performance and stability.
    Thanks Ubi. You are the best. Even glitchpunk 2077 can't compete with you.

• Asgardian02

@martygod12

whats there to love?

in any other game thats action packed and offers replay content they at least make sure you can get to the action right away.
    Here your as me and though i accept a higher difficulty all you get are tedious roadblocks to offer no challenge but is just there to bore you.

Then you have to sail for ages only to find that the 1 coffer you missed in previous raid has been gone somehow ๐Ÿ˜ž

• speedynl21
    79 posts

aww come on guy's/gal's, they gave you a great update and you all still complaining, i'm happy i uninstalled the game again, its not worth the space on my ssd
    on a side note, they prolly changed someting to prevent playing topless, prolly more importend then adding good stuff
    i hope
    Kena: Bridge of Spirits
    will be out soon, it looks great

• martygod12
    237 posts

@asgardian02 Ask them not me ๐Ÿ˜„ I cant understand it either, how can anyone think Valhalla is better then Odyssey. But everyone has different tastes and opinions.

• Asgardian02

@martygod12

the only reason its called replay value, is becasue your ship can only hold so much cargo, so then you have to go back over and over till you collected all.
    Either way within no time you have upgraded all and then its done anyway.

Once again with a better loot structure and random stats on gear and weapons a lot would be better.

All in all the huge conquest battles in Odyssey where a lot more fun

• Asgardian02

Also every fort and or village on these maps looks identical.

Why couldnt they have made it so that the forts and villages are randomized just as maps are randomly generated in raids within other games.

After having done a few you kow exactly where everything is.

• Asgardian02

I dont understand why every minor chest has a lock, the loot in it isnt worth searching for a key everytime...

• Yesin069
    457 posts

As espected nothing special...

Ubisoft should really focus more on things like transmog, NG+ and proper filter options in the inventory, than on stuff like river raids.

Also the new Community challenge to get the Jackdaw stuff which forces me intro playing 5 river raids. After the tutorial i already lost any interest in replaying it. River raids were fine in the main game but are nothing that is so fun to replay it to destiny.

This game isn't made to be played endlessly. Just improve the main game and give out the story DLC faster. All the dev time that was put into river raids, would have been better spent into the story DLC, so we can play the good stuff faster.

Now wait a whole month again to get transmog...maybe...

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

thats what i am saying they are trying to hard to cater to everyone and in the process they dissapoint.

For a story driven game its core mechanics arent great.

Fot an endless endgame loop it just doesnt have the content nor the features.

They should really focus on some core mechanics 1st

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics