Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@forcefrank

i am lvl546 something i play only on drengr and its super easy. i can just stand still be hit multiple times from different angles i wont die.

all i do when fighting is mash left mouse, thats how easy it is and how boring combat is as everything dies instantly on drengr...

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@smrtiak-svk You don't know when to drop it, do you?

• Asgardian02

@forcefrank

and that made you happy? just continue for 6-8 hours, once all is upgraded there is nothing left to do.

there is no purpose to this content.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@show_stoppa Sadly, its that way with every game and on every forum. I play a lot of games and participate in all the forums. It's the same story over and over again. People are never happy no matter what's given out. People just need to play different games and not be stuck in any one for a long period of time. I've sunk 360 hours in Valhalla and feel I've more than gotten my money/times worth. I bought the season pass at game launch and looking forward to more story DLC's. I believe there's also a new quest in the river raid, apart from the actual raiding one, or at least I heard there was.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 Sure there is. It's free content and its something new in a game I assume we've all sunk a lot of hours in. Move on to other games, what's wrong with doing that? This is the part that confounds me, there are so many other games out there. Do the river content and then on to something new until the DLC's come out.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 Well you must have the "perfect" build then. Why did I almost die twice during my first raid last night? Is it possible for you to post a vid of your setup and gameplay so we can see?

• Asgardian02

@forcefrank

i have posted my build several times. No videos, but dodging is super easy and when you do it slows time. having hard time imagining how you can loose health ever??

it comes down to reflexes, apart from that i use double spear, mentors set and only light attacks.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@forcefrank As someone else helpfully pointed out, I'm too stupid to do "builds", and I never die either 😉 Also it's not free content. The game was released promising the addition of extra stuff for longer than was the case with Odyssey. That means you paid for it when you bought the game, not that they are benevolently handing it out for free.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@kreutzgang So you've not died a single time in Valhalla?????? I remember the first time I decided to go up against one of the zealots, I got completely annihilated!! It wasn't until I got up into the level 300's that I was able to beat all of them.

Then we have the 3 witches, OMG, so, so many deaths....mine.....not theirs. I did prevail though!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@forcefrank The point is (as @kreutzgang has explained in an earlier post) that at some point in Valhalla Eivor gets so powerful that dying in combat is almost out of the question. Earlier in the game, and the zealots and witches especially, is something else.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang I'm with you. I'm not only too stupid to figure out builds and stuff, but also too lazy. 😉 Or just maybe that's not what I like to do in games.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@forcefrank I don't count myself as a great gamer, so the first zealot and drengr encounters were tough to impossible, and I struggled with the first boss in Norway and that woman with the spear in England, but once you are a higher power level, which is at about 50% through if you do a reasonable amount of side content, the witches are the only remotely challenging thing in the game. Even the level 400 bear is a cakewalk. As you are maxed out in everything, you can even just use the bow. As for the raids, the only challenging thing is keeping the suicidal Jomsvikings alive who charge off and attempt to solo 4 pikemen while being targetted by 2 additional arbalists and 3 archers, but are incapable of dealing with being outnumbered.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

PS - the game reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur when it comes to difficulty. That game also starts off reasonably challenging and ends up being really easy even on the hardest difficulty.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@gloomseeker I've given up using abilities altogether, except explosive arrow, it seems pointless when I can take everything down in a few hits or via max 2 arrows.

• B00MSIE
    315 posts

@gloomseeker

I had decided to stop posting in this thread because it was becoming a which one is better, Odyssey or Valhalla, yes/no discussion. Which is a matter of taste and I want to respect everybody’s personal taste. Although I do not like Odyssey that much, I like your comment about Valhalla and wanted to react to it. Mostly because the reason I am on this forum is because I like this game.

I do not think Valhalla is unbalanced, it just needs an extra hard core difficulty modes, while maintaining the original modes. Odyssey was not that balanced. The enemies were just hard to kill, that is a difference in my opinion. A balanced game gives enemies different and combined tricks to attack you, not just gives them more health or armor like Odyssey. In Valhalla they tried to do that better then Oddyssey, but they failed because you level up very fast if you do all side mission. That’s why you also do not need al, the perks you have. Just restart the game without doing any side mission and see how smart some of the harder bossfights are in Valhalla. Run straight towards one of the 3 witches (nice hint to historical mystical beliefs in old England btw) for example, they are great compared to some of the horrible fantasy (Very loosely based on Greek culture/beliefs to rectify it is an AC game?) creatures in Odyssey. Again, just my opinion, no fact. So think about it, do not just disagree.

The loot is all digital garbage. like I said before, I actually prefer to have the amount of armor in Valhalla (although it could be more), over the ridiculous amount in Odyssey. I like this in games like Diablo, but is does not fit in AC (again, just my opinion).

One of the things I loved about Origins is, that I felt I learned some historical facts from that game (not talking about the sci-fi stuff ofcourse). Especially about day to day life in Egypt. In Odyssey I liked the tour, but did not felt the game gave me much historical information. Valhalla has some true historical facts, but they are forced in the story. The environment does not give me the feeling like Origins. I do not really feel like walking in historic old England. The NPC’s are not reaction very lifelike and are mostly doing nothing. You don’t really feel them like in Origins. In older AC games this also was great. I loved those not so forced historical facts and things the NPC side people did in those games. Their normal day to day interactions. Just play Unity and walk through Paris. Or the Italy of AC2.

• lemmie88
    134 posts

@kreutzgang I shot a bald eagle off the river Exe! 😱😂

• Asgardian02

@b00msie

Bullet sponge enemies are boring AF i agree.

That another reason riverraids are so boring, i have seen only a few types of enemies:

• crossbowmen
    • fast guy with dagger
    • speardudes
    • dudes with 2handed heavy hammer (btw not a weapon we can wield ourselves.
    • dudes with wooden shield ans 1hand sword
    • rarely did i encounter the fully plated guys with 2hand sword.

i agree higher difficulty doesnt offer a challenge, why arent there more enemies, why dont they combine more special attacks and what not?

• Asgardian02

its eems to me that the entire purpose of the RR is for you to spend real money in the helix store in order to get more silver.

Lets face it, the game itself barely gives you silver. Yet jomvikings at lvl3 costs 120 silver each and seeing how fast they die you will need to spend a lot of silver.

• ChuckKatse
    253 posts

I will Keep my comment short and sweet. RIVER RAIDS, another Ubisoft failure and a waste of my time. Nuff said.

• AlphaGoose46219
    157 posts

Uninstalled the game and will wait for the rest of this incomplete 'book', will play again when the rest is available and at least playable.
    End of the summer or perhaps a year after the release date maybe.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics